• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
* Sony PSP 1800mAh Battery Pack
* Datel PSP Battery 3600mAh 2X
* Datel PSP Battery 1800 MaxPower
* Sony PSP-280 2200mAh
* Atomic Battery Pack 3.6v 1800 mAh

those are the "known compatible batteries"

my battery says Sony PSP 3.6v 1200 mAh

does that mean i cant use it?:confused1:

I feel like such an idiot atm

EDIT: one more thing do i need a spare memory stick or will it not hurt my memory stick to always use it as a MMS?

If it's a Sony branded battery it'll work. And yeah I think that is the Slim one.

You don't need a spare memory stick. After installing the files it can still be used as normal.

Memeow

If it's a Sony branded battery it'll work. And yeah I think that is the Slim one.

You don't need a spare memory stick. After installing the files it can still be used as normal.

Well it all worked! my new psp is now running the custom FW

BUT when i put the battery back into the psp i got it from so that i can revert it again the power light comes on as soon as i slip the battery in and then i cant actually turn it on...:mellow:
the battery i used was a 3.6v 1800 mAh sony battery

what the hell?:blushing:

Edit: NM I got it! i swear I'm so stupid sometimes

Spacey

Bro x3sphere really need your help here.I had successful upgraded few of my friend psp to the lastest 3.90 m33 by using the pandora and magic stick created here....^^..But there is this set after i upgrade to 3.90 m33 His keypad got no respond....What should i do???

Another thing is can i downgrade the set to 1.5 or other CFW(by using the pandora tools)so that i can manually upgrade to lastest CFW....Thanks

paulagent

I got to step nine and I'm having this problem!

My screen is stuck on: "ERROR WHILE INITIALIZING : 0x8ca10002
Installing firmware to memorystick.
Hang on this will take a while, time to get a coffee....... ;-)"

Is this supposed to take a while, its been sitting here for like 10 mins now!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Bro x3sphere really need your help here.I had successful upgraded few of my friend psp to the lastest 3.90 m33 by using the pandora and magic stick created here....^^..But there is this set after i upgrade to 3.90 m33 His keypad got no respond....What should i do???

Another thing is can i downgrade the set to 1.5 or other CFW(by using the pandora tools)so that i can manually upgrade to lastest CFW....Thanks

Are you sure the keypad was working before you upgraded? Installing 3.90 M33 wouldn't do that -- seems like a hardware problem. You can create a magic memory stick with 1.5 on it by following this guide though: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3238 Note that it will not work on Slim units of course.

I got to step nine and I'm having this problem!

My screen is stuck on: "ERROR WHILE INITIALIZING : 0x8ca10002
Installing firmware to memorystick.
Hang on this will take a while, time to get a coffee....... ;-)"

Is this supposed to take a while, its been sitting here for like 10 mins now!

Step 9 are you sure? That error relates to step 13... it means it cannot find the 1.50 firmware file. Did you save 150.PBP as UPDATE.PBP?

paulagent

I currently have 3.90m33-3 on my psp, The guy who did it for me put this on on here because it was the latest CF. So I don't know If Im supposed to have 1.50. I have the 1.50 addon!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I currently have 3.90m33-3 on my psp, The guy who did it for me put this on on here because it was the latest CF. So I don't know If Im supposed to have 1.50. I have the 1.50 addon!

No, doesn't matter, it just needs the 1.50 update file on your memory stick.

13. Download the 1.50 update and save it as "UPDATE.PBP" without the quotes.

14. Copy the 1.50 update to the root of your memory stick (X:\UPDATE.PBP, if X is the drive letter of your PSP).

Make sure it is named correctly. I know some versions of Windows hide the file extension so if it doesn't work try just renaming the file to "UPDATE" without the quotes.

paulagent

Ok I got it thanks for ur help man! One last thing, i just tried to put CF on my other psp, the software is "version 1.50" and nickname is "Pandora" Does this sound right?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok I got it thanks for ur help man! One last thing, i just tried to put CF on my other psp, the software is "version 1.50" and nickname is "Pandora" Does this sound right?

That's fine... but I thought you were going install 3.90 M33 on that PSP?

systemID

hey guys? how about for my case? can i apply this as well? i mistakenly updated my psp2000 system to 3.95 and i can't play games anymore. can i do this in order for me to downgrade my system to
3.90 M33-3? originally, my firmware is 3.80 M33-5.

Spacey

Are you sure the keypad was working before you upgraded? Installing 3.90 M33 wouldn't do that -- seems like a hardware problem. You can create a magic memory stick with 1.5 on it by following this guide though: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3238 Note that it will not work on Slim units of course.

Yes Bro i am sure that my friend keypad was working before i upgrade.His previously was running on 3.52 m33-4.After i use the universal unbricker to upgrade his set and ended up both his keypad and the direction key become no respond( but the button below are still working fine etc...vol,contrast and mute).Therefore i can only choose to install back to oringinal 3.90.
And then the keypad and the direction key goes back to normal again(got respond again).

Bro i had follow the link that u given but when come to step 11 and step 17 when i run the program.Its stated ( The game could not be started.(8002014C) ) . And my set use to create the MS is running on 3.90 m33-3.

Bro Really need ur help again.....Thanks

Spacey

hey guys? how about for my case? can i apply this as well? i mistakenly updated my psp2000 system to 3.95 and i can't play games anymore. can i do this in order for me to downgrade my system to
3.90 M33-3? originally, my firmware is 3.80 M33-5.

My Friend also made the same mistake like u.Therefore i use my psp to create the magic stick and the pandora battery to help him downgrade to 3.90 m33-3.And it work...^^.But u need a CFW psp to create the magic stick and the pandora battery.

systemID

CFW psp? so it means i need another PSP? because i can't open my configurations when i press and hold the power button and R button. can you please explain further? im not really into PSP stuffs but i just want to play again using my PSP. my cousin has PSP as well. i can use that to make a magic memo stick and pandora battery? can you share with me what you did? thanks man!

Mreguy

Awesome

Freakin' awesome, I swear I had been browsing the web for an update to my old magic memory stick 3.71 M33 forever!
Now using this magic memory stick and HARDMODDED Pandoras Battery (made myself, scary as hell process!)
Props though, and thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes Bro i am sure that my friend keypad was working before i upgrade.His previously was running on 3.52 m33-4.After i use the universal unbricker to upgrade his set and ended up both his keypad and the direction key become no respond( but the button below are still working fine etc...vol,contrast and mute).Therefore i can only choose to install back to oringinal 3.90.
And then the keypad and the direction key goes back to normal again(got respond again).

Bro i had follow the link that u given but when come to step 11 and step 17 when i run the program.Its stated ( The game could not be started.(8002014C) ) . And my set use to create the MS is running on 3.90 m33-3.

Bro Really need ur help again.....Thanks

That means the old Pandora installer doesn't work on 3.90 M33, then. In that case, follow ONLY steps 1 through 17 on the first post of this thread. It will install the 1.5 firmware to your memory stick.

After you've done that, just boot up his PSP with the same Pandora battery and magic memory stick inserted and it should prompt you to install 1.5.

CFW psp? so it means i need another PSP? because i can't open my configurations when i press and hold the power button and R button. can you please explain further? im not really into PSP stuffs but i just want to play again using my PSP. my cousin has PSP as well. i can use that to make a magic memo stick and pandora battery? can you share with me what you did? thanks man!

Yeah, you need a PSP running custom firmware to follow this guide. If your friend has one you can use his to create the magic memory stick and Pandora battery.

aragorn56

i have a new slim psp 3.90 and i want to put custom firmware 3.90 m33 but it says i already have the latest version do i need to downgrade my psp to an earlier version? plz respond ive been trying to do this for weeks lol