• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

We're at E3 2010!

Spiros

Maiki
Thanks Robby got to get going in a bit.

Yeah Kinect looks pretty good, I didn't think they'd be able to make it so precise, but it does look incredibly precise, these first two kinect launch games look like utter shit so far. Kinectimals? Are you kidding me?

Actually, now that I've seen them all, all the Kinect launch games look like crap.

Kinect itself has impressed me, but if there aren't any good games that utilize it, the other features aren't enough to warrant a purchase.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Kentic is impressing me so far. Kentimals is eh, but its for kids so whatevers. Track and field, ok I can see that being kinda fun.
Adventures is what I am interested in. Looks really fun, especially if you have family and friends to play with.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Kentic is impressing me so far. Kentimals is eh, but its for kids so whatevers. Track and field, ok I can see that being kinda fun.
Adventures is what I am interested in. Looks really fun, especially if you have family and friends to play with.

Adventures looks amazing, I'll probably pick up Kinetc just for that game

Spiros

Maiki
Adventures looks amazing, I'll probably pick up Kinetc just for that game

I don't know, it really didn't impress me, none of them did. Maybe I spoke to soon, they seem to be getting better, but still none of them really seem all that appealing.

The new 360 looks good, Although I like the way my Original 360 looks, the most appealing thing is that it's "whisper quiet", I might pick one up for that fact alone, as mine sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
With MGS rising, can you use kinect or ps3 motion controller in the game? I cant watch it right now since i have an exam tomorrow. Thanks.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Overall I thought it was a somewhat boring conference except for Rising, ESPN, and the new 360, which all piqued my interest. As a sidenote, these conferences should start hiring people to announce for them, hearing the awkwardness of inexperienced game developers versus professionals like the ESPN guys was like night and day.

Rising looks incredibly fun/funny and original.
ESPN stuff just looks cool.
And the Oprah-style free 360 move was just awesome.

Everything else, "meh."

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Overall I thought it was a somewhat boring conference except for Rising, ESPN, and the new 360, which all piqued my interest. As a sidenote, these conferences should start hiring people to announce for them, hearing the awkwardness of inexperienced game developers versus professionals like the ESPN guys was like night and day.

Rising looks incredibly fun/funny and original.
ESPN stuff just looks cool.
And the Oprah-style free 360 move was just awesome.

Everything else, "meh."

I actually couldn't watch some of it because it was so damn awkward.

Overall I liked the conference, the best thing was to hear that the new 360 will maintain the same price, that's a killer deal.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
kinect really interests me, as spros said, i hope they do something to utilize it, also that Ferrari demo was unbelievable retarded imo(omg lets look at the lights!)

Dan

Contributor
Any word on how the 360 redesign contributes to the RRoD rates? I'm assuming they must have cleared that up.

For those who haven't seen it:
500x_php1qahuhimg_0137-w800.jpg

MenaceInc

Staff Member
personally don't like the redesign. It would be nice to see a quieter system and also larger HDD but I really don't like the case

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
When he showed it off at the briefing it didn't look as angular as it does in the press photos so I'm not sure how I like / don't like it. I'll decide tomorrow if I see it on the show floor

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Any word on how the 360 redesign contributes to the RRoD rates? I'm assuming they must have cleared that up.

For those who haven't seen it:
[qimg]http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/500x_php1qahuhimg_0137-w800.jpg[/qimg]

i imagine those statistics won't be available for at least a year

Spiros

Maiki
personally don't like the redesign. It would be nice to see a quieter system and also larger HDD but I really don't like the case

They did say that it's "whisper quiet". But I agree, a larger HDD would be welcome.

Seth

MD Party Room
Am I the only one who thought kinect sucks ass? kinect Sports and the lame nintendog ripoff look like crap and the raceing game looks like it from the ps2 era. Also the voice control is like a dream for your doucebag friends. MGS and the new xbox slim are the highlights everything else was really lame. However I would like to video chat with more friends and kinect seems like a good way of doing that, I own the 360 cam and no one else video chat with me.

Spiros

Maiki
Am I the only one who thought kinect sucks ass? kinect Sports and the lame nintendog ripoff look like crap and the raceing game looks like it from the ps2 era. Also the voice control is like a dream for your doucebag friends. MGS and the new xbox slim are the highlights everything else was really lame. However I would like to video chat with more friends and kinect seems like a good way of doing that, I own the 360 cam and no one else video chat with me.

I definitely agree that the launch games look like shit, the only appealing features are the apps, like video chat(which my laptop already does well), and voice commands are kinda neat, but because of the terrible(imo) games that utilize Kinect, it's a fail for me. I do want one because it just looks cool(but I'm sure that will only last all of 10 minutes), I just can't justify buying one, especially with the price point it's rumored that it will go for.

Also Rising looked amazing, but so did Gears 3, and BlackOps, though I only saw the WMD trailer at the end, it looked really good.

BlackSheep

Omg ESPN on xbox360?

Yup, xbox is my favorite console by far. Sports and games are the things I love and now they are on my xbox, amazing!

I think this is suppose to end in like 40mins.

PS 3 already had mlb.tv on it and it will be getting nfl.tv and nba.tv with new seasons. but espn all sports = better
overall good e3 for microsoft

Seth

MD Party Room
I definitely agree that the launch games look like shit, the only appealing features are the apps, like video chat(which my laptop already does well), and voice commands are kinda neat, but because of the terrible(imo) games that utilize Kinect, it's a fail for me. I do want one because it just looks cool(but I'm sure that will only last all of 10 minutes), I just can't justify buying one, especially with the price point it's rumored that it will go for.

Also Rising looked amazing, but so did Gears 3, and BlackOps, though I only saw the WMD trailer at the end, it looked really good.

Gears 3 did not impress me at all and Blackops just looks like a crappy games, i dident like world of war so 90% of this I will also hate.

The kinect looks interesting.

+1

What's with console revamps sucking this generation?