• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What's the longest you've gone without talking?

LocutusEstBorg

When my parents were out of town for two weeks. I sat at the PC the whole time without ever seeing another human being, living out of the fridge. I didn't have a phone back then cos children having cell phones was an unspeakable moral offense. After that I basically forgot how to talk and my tongue was all weird and floppy when I tried to pronounce words.

Serideth

Wow I don't know how to say this without coming across as a dick but that's pathetic. I really hope 2 weeks is an exaggeration. I presume if your folks left you alone for two weeks you were old enough to throw a party or at least get out of the house and sleaze on some women.

ilyace

Whatever the longest time I've slept for (if that counts). I can't even start to imagine what it'd be like to not speak a word for 2 weeks...

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Roughly 8 hours, other than sleep. It really depends. I participated in Day of Silence 2009&2010, but both days only lasted ~8-9hrs of me not talking to anyone.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm not sure I could contain myself for 2 weeks without talking. When no one is around I sometimes even talk to myself, just to take the edge off. Longest I've gone not counting sleep is probably around 4 hours.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I once went for a full day without talking for extra credit for English.
Out of all the people to try, I was the only one to make it, and it was a school day.
That was a few years ago, and I don't really go too long without talking, because I usually wind up talking to myself or my pets.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i can go a couple days if theirs no human interaction, i don't talk, and i'm a hermit, so, i think the most is maybe 3 days when my parents were out of town, i'd probably had done something if they were out of town for 2 weeks.

Serideth

Also Torch, are you telling me that in the two weeks your parents left you there they didn't bother calling you at least once?

Scorned

I've gone a whole day after my friends told me that I couldn't handle not talking for an hour.

Felt good after I reaped my rewards.

Seth

MD Party Room
I did it for about 3 full days without counting sleep. What was I doing you ask well cleaning and taging 20000 songs and playing disgaea a game I have well over 350 hours in :( and deep cleaning my room but now that I have friends and I go out with people I can maybe go about 3 hours without texting someone.I send about 500 text a day now so i cant never go back to that.

ilyace

I did it for about 3 full days without counting sleep. What was I doing you ask well cleaning and taging 20000 songs and playing disgaea a game I have well over 350 hours in :( and deep cleaning my room but now that I have friends and I go out with people I can maybe go about 3 hours without texting someone.[HIGHLIGHT]I send about 500 text a day now so i cant never go back to that.[/HIGHLIGHT]

No way.

Adiuvo

I'd say about three or four hours. I still live at home and even if parents are out for a week my brother is still here.

Two weeks would be pretty much unbearable. At the very least I would have to hum or mumble something.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
A text isn't talking Seth. I don't talk much anyway but I don't Know how long. Even If nobody is around I'll order pizza using screamo vocals.

LocutusEstBorg

Also Torch, are you telling me that in the two weeks your parents left you there they didn't bother calling you at least once?
No, why is that a big deal? They'd trust me with anything. I came back early from a family reunion and my parents and uncle randomly pushed off to Singapore. They know how I function and that I'm not gonna feel anything if I didn't hear from them. In any case, I didn't have a cellphone back then, and the landline was upstairs so there was no way I would have picked up a phone call. I ate and slept in my PC room (theres a bed there).

Wow I don't know how to say this without coming across as a dick but that's pathetic. I really hope 2 weeks is an exaggeration. I presume if your folks left you alone for two weeks you were old enough to throw a party or at least get out of the house and sleaze on some women.

Frankly I think the things other people do to waste time are pathetic, including getting drunk all the time and being mansluts. I believe I spend my time constructively, usually learning stuff.

I'm not sure I could contain myself for 2 weeks without talking. When no one is around I sometimes even talk to myself, just to take the edge off.

I talk to my self aloud, but only when I'm bored with nothing to do. Usually to practice conversations that I might have with people in the future including various permutations and combinations of replies.

That was the time I first got a gaming worthy PC with a Geforce 6600 AND a PS2 at the same time with HDLoader and 100s of games. There was no time to be bored. I slept like once every 48 hours and even broke the chair by leaning too much to one side for too long. The metal pipe underneath actually bent and snapped (have pics of the bent chair).