• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Where do you guys work at?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Nowhere, because nobody will fucking hire me...

Only way I got my job was through connections with other people that worked there (well it helped me get in). Been working at the same place for about 4 years now part-time. It's a nice family (two families)-owned grocery store so it's a very nice working atmosphere. We just acquired another store though so next week I'll be getting a lot more hours as I work in both stores to help them out.

Work in the Bakery and Deli..fun times

Serideth

Only way I got my job was through connections with other people that worked there (well it helped me get in).

I have had 6 different jobs so far, each of them has been been for the above reason, it really pays off to know the right people.

Right now I'm unemployed but I have a job lined up starting in October cheffing in a hotel kitchen, going to be hard work but I need the money.

Spiros

Maiki
Well tonight was my last night(back to the UK tomorrow for a couple weeks), but I've been working at my dad's restuarant in Greece, I spend every summer hear so I always have a job waiting for me. It's easy and the brits on holiday are usually quite friendly so you have a good time.

I'll take any job when I get back to Montreal though, I always have a hard time because my french is terrible, so most likely I'll be washing dishes.

Cloudy

HSBC.

Adding more to this post, as apparently it won't let me capitalise the letters properly otherwise (automatically lowercased everything apart from the first letter).

Cryox

Bro.
Nowhere, because nobody will fucking hire me...

Same here. So lame. Applied at every freakin store within a reasonable distance, and nothing. I'm 17, people should be hiring me hahah.

But I'm hopefully gonna get a job at the local candystore. I know the managers and since the college kids are leaving, they'll probably be short on staff, if that doesn't work, I'll try Marsh, again.

Seth

MD Party Room
Panera BreadJanuary 2009 - Present

Job only pays only 7.75 :(

El Diablo

I'm jobless because no one will hire me either. Hopefully once all the other college kids go back to school and I'm still at home going to my shit community college I can find one.

Seth

MD Party Room
Their cinnamon bagels are amazing. Better than Einstein's.

I cant even enjoy the food anymore everything taste the same after having it for like 1.8 years. Also nothing pisses me off more than the fact that even with one full our of working I cant even buy one of our sandwich. Then I see someone order a meal for 20 bucks. Also it really fucking annoying seeing ghetto black people "trying " to read the word asiago or calling our broccoli cheddar soup "broccoli cheese " when there a big bold sign right above me that says broccoli cheddar soup. However on the bright side they seem to know 12 different ways to say "you pick 2 " but always forget to say it at the start of the order. /rant

Brad

Yoshimi
For summers and longer breaks from uni I normally work for my dad doing body work on automobiles :eek:

Good pay but working for a family member can be a real bish sometime.

Spiros

Maiki
Panera BreadJanuary 2009 - Present

Job only pays only 7.75 :(
I work at McDonald's, and they only pay 7.50
Woah, that's crazy! What's the minimum wage in the states? In Montreal it's 9.50, according to xe.com that's 9.24 USD.
For summers and longer breaks from uni I normally work for my dad doing body work on automobiles :eek:

Good pay but working for a family member can be a real bish sometime.
Yeah, I know what you mean, especially if it's your dad.

madsoul

Searching for a god damn job. Sucks since there is like nothing. Hoping things will open up after summer. Il take anything. Even something as disgusting as mcdonalds. Anything so I can feel a little more independent.