• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Who's the Voice of this Generation?

Seth

MD Party Room
So who do you guys feel is the voice of this generation??

eighty4

If it's a choice it's obviously NOT Kanye. He doesn't do anything to be a good role model or even a good person in general.

The VOICE of this generation will be whoever pulls us out of the pit we're in.

Joey

Actually, it probably is Kanye West, as sad as that is. He has a ego, but he's the only one at his level of fame who's ever really made a song with a message, even if that message was that "Songs with Jesus in them don't sell, and they totally should".

I mean, really, who else is there? We don't have a Bob Dylan.

You could maybe say Eminem, but that dude hasn't been relevant for, what, 5-6 years?

Actaully, now that I think about it, does it have to be a musician? If not, then it seems like it would be John Stewart by default.

_Seven

I think that Kanye West isn't even the voice of his own shitty album. (Graduation was still alright don't get me wrong. But Kanye is a pretentious asshole, regardless.)

ANYWAY....

As sad as it seems, Lil Wayne seems to be the biggest influence to these hopeless kids. I'm still a kid myself, so I see that bullshit all the time. Seriously, I'm going to hit the next person that recites A Milli.

ilyace

I think that Kanye West isn't even the voice of his own shitty album. (Graduation was still alright don't get me wrong. But Kanye is a pretentious asshole, regardless.)

ANYWAY....

As sad as it seems, Lil Wayne seems to be the biggest influence to these hopeless kids. I'm still a kid myself, so I see that bullshit all the time. Seriously, I'm going to hit the next person that recites A Milli.

Pure truth in this post...

Every damn person I know well has kept reciting A Mili lol.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
No rapper is going to be the fucking voice of MY fucking generation. Fuck them all.

Don't hold back next time, tell is how you really feel.

In all seriousness though, just because we are a little more open minded here with how you guys can express yourselves, a little tact and can go a long way.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I honestly think its going to be crap like soulja boy, if current trends in liking mass produced no talent shit continue. I am hoping for Obama(or some other at least mildly inspirational person) to be it. I'd like it to be a JFK, FDR, or MLK and not a 'soulja boy'

Bran

Yell
Who the fuck is Kayne West?

Am I in this generation? Are we talking like age group or like the 2000's?

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Lol @ z357x

I don't know who it is, but I feel sorry for him.
There are very little redeeming qualities in this generation.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'm surprised you don't know who Kanye West is.
He spends the majority of his time bitching about something. And has a overwhelming sense of (undeserved) self importance.

Actually, you know what? He is the voice of this generation

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Wait, what? :confused:

"He spends the majority of his time bitching about something. And has a overwhelming sense of (undeserved) self importance. "

just like this generation.

Moose

Meta Moose
Hell no. Kanye West isn't the voice of our generation. His songs are absolutely meaningless to me... in fact, I can't remember talking to anyone who said they liked him.