• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

eighty4

I was downloading it from either Technet or Microsoft's offcial website and in bold it said something along the lines of "Your copy will not work after August 31, 2009"

chrono6456

I think I'm going to go ahead and just go full out windows 7. My computer is overdue for a format and the beta seems just about flawless other than a few bugs here and there which are constantly being fixed by updates. Plus, it so much less of a resource hog than vista that I even get lower cpu temps on 7.

That is, unless someone has a reason against that.

James.

User Not Found
I think I'm going to go ahead and just go full out windows 7. My computer is overdue for a format and the beta seems just about flawless other than a few bugs here and there which are constantly being fixed by updates. Plus, it so much less of a resource hog than vista that I even get lower cpu temps on 7.

That is, unless someone has a reason against that.
Thats what I did, my vista was fucked, my xp is fucked so I thought why not.

You can always re-install vista/xp later

chrono6456

Actually, I do have a question about it, somewhat major. Does Windows 7 32 bit recognize 4gb of RAM? I'm currently on the 64 bit windows 7 beta and would rather be on 32 bit for compatibility for some programs (sixaxis driver), but that problem always swayed me (which is why I had vista 64 bit too).

Or is 64 bit really that much better?

eighty4

I think you need 64bit for >4GB of RAM.

I went full out on Widnows 7 since I had just done a clean sweep after installing Windows again on my other computer and even went to the next step as to install it on my Mac via VMWare but now that I realize that I will probably never use it on my Mac - I'll end up getting rid of it sooner or later.

Win7 is definitely one of my favorite Windows OSs so far, but so was Vista when it was called Longhorn - so I don't know which way to swing.

Seth

MD Party Room
Actually, I do have a question about it, somewhat major. Does Windows 7 32 bit recognize 4gb of RAM? I'm currently on the 64 bit windows 7 beta and would rather be on 32 bit for compatibility for some programs (sixaxis driver), but that problem always swayed me (which is why I had vista 64 bit too).

Or is 64 bit really that much better?

Nope you need 64 bit if you wanna use all that ram..

There both near the same to me..I have 3gb of Ram so I can really use both....I used 64 bit vista and now useing 32 bit windows 7....Software on the 64 bit level is a bit better than 32 bit...For me I used Zune 64 bit, Itunes 64 bit and Winrar/7zip 64 bit alot to improve a few things and speed it up.It was worth it for me...

Tho I havent had a problem with any of them.

Seth

MD Party Room
Is it a notebook or desktop?

ifiwere1337

im loving the beta, it is so much faster than vista was on my laptop, only thing is i get "corrupted" buttons where the close, maximize, and minimize buttons end up pixelated

also, i HATE having no system tray, sure there is the option to turn single icons on, but it is a pain to go into the menu to get to it

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Yes, there are patches for that. You can also remove the Send Feedback links and build watermark.

Where at.

Since i read that part ive been trollin for the answer.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Where at.

Since i read that part ive been trollin for the answer.

Actually in the newest beta I don't think the time patches work and they cause windows to become "non-Genuine." However, patches for the Send Feedback and Watermark still work.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Actually in the newest beta I don't think the time patches work and they cause windows to become "non-Genuine." However, patches for the Send Feedback and Watermark still work.

im using beta 1 build 7000

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh