• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
Just installed it. I love it. I really don't know what else to say... it's beautiful...
Just topped my list of OS's.

Sullivan

I downloaded it, going to install on my pc. I also dl the watermark remover and timer stopper.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
After messing with Windows 7, I've decided I really like it. I hope it's not one of those OS's that are only cool for a day or so (like Ubuntu). I modded it and got rid of the watermark on the desktop and the send feedback button in all of the windows. Now it seems like a "real" operating system and not just a beta.

Sullivan

What is the feedback thing, can anyone post a screenshot of what it is?

Adiuvo

I installed it on an old PC we have, and it is really nice. Everything is smooth, and quick, even on that old machine. I'm not planning on installing it on my main as I don't want to reinstall all my programs, but if I didn't have that many I wouldn't mind it.

Sullivan

...It's a link on nearly all explorer windows that says "Send Feedback" (near the close/minimize buttons)

Thanks, I will definitely have to remove it, are the programs out there clean and safe to use? The ones that remove the stuff. And is there a manual way to go in and do it, I would much rather do it manually then run a 3rd party app on my new pc that is coming monday.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Thanks, I will definitely have to remove it, are the programs out there clean and safe to use? The ones that remove the stuff. And is there a manual way to go in and do it, I would much rather do it manually then run a 3rd party app on my new pc that is coming monday.

The ones that remove the "stuff" are completely safe and I believe they edit the registry entries, but it's safer to actually use these programs. There not exactly your typical third-party program as it comes from the warez/crack scene - which may scare you but is completely safe so long as you get it from a reputable source

mohaas05

installed my 9800gt today :D

Windows 7 runs perfect and bsod free. You have to do a clean install though for the nvidia windows 7 drivers.

Really? I upgraded from Vista and the drivers normal. Maybe its because I let it download updates before it started installing.

Sullivan

Ya, I got mine from the makers site, so I am safe, I hope. I plan on using this as a default OS for some time while dual booting leopard.

Has anyone ran into any cons or dislikes? All I have heard is sweetness out of this. This beta seems like more people like it then vista. lulz

birdman

Problems ive had so far: sleep mode doesn't seem to wake up on my laptop, also my blackberry doesn't want to update with blackberry desktop manager.

Other than that, i love it. When vista came out I switched to linux. While i love linux....here i am loving windows 7....

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I actually had a beta bug.

Resource Monitor crashes after 10 seconds of use.
I haven't really done much with 7 besides common uses like internet and things like that.
For those things it sails with flying colors.

Sullivan

I actually had a beta bug.

Resource Monitor crashes after 10 seconds of use.
I haven't really done much with 7 besides common uses like internet and things like that.

I think any os is good for that, lol.

Thanks for that though. I don't plan on doing much more then Photoshop,Dreamweaver,3dsMax, and maybe some css now that I have a beasty pc coming.

twelve

I'm not dead
I've been playing WoW on it without any issues. Which is great considering I it worked off of my Vista partition without reinstalling WoW.

Seems very stable for gaming. Obviously WoW isn't the most taxing game but I have no reason to believe it'll be any different for more demanding games.

Sullivan

I got that game for my PS3, its kick ass. Anyone tested CSS on it?

mohaas05

The see-through windows feature seems kinda pointless. First of all, you can't do anything in it, and second, in the time it takes to pause for 2 seconds and wait for the windows to dissapear, you might as well have just clicked the "Show Desktop" button.

ifiwere1337

OMG, isnt there a single virtual CD drive program that works with windows 7, i have tried 8 different ones, none of them work, tried them ALL in compatibility mode for vista/xp and native runnings.

does anyone know of a free program that works with windows 7 to do this?