• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

chrono6456

Ah, finally, got it all just how I like it. It feels so clean compared to vista, but then again, I say that every time I format.

PS- is anyone's right click -> gadgets not working?

90020338vw2.jpg

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
I'm sorry but I have no idea what that means. In fact, I think Don Imus got fired for saying something like that. Oh, well, carry on :laugh:

ehh activator is something for your hair.
it could be used to straighten or curl your hair.

Anyhooo

i think timenuke worked but dunno how to check to see.

removing the watermarks didnt work.

ohh ps.

don imus got fired for saying nappy headed hoes because they were black.

to be honest i didnt think he shouldve been fired. his co-host said something first.

cooled

watermark removal is a simple resource edit. you change user32.dll.mui, although the uses for this can be questionable. since user32.dll.mui has some other strings in there that appear to be from wga.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
watermark removal is a simple resource edit. you change user32.dll.mui, although the uses for this can be questionable. since user32.dll.mui has some other strings in there that appear to be from wga.

when im minimizing things its anoying as hell i keep clicking send feedback

where do i get the edited dll's.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
To remove the Send Feedback: Free File Hosting & Video Downloads, Free File Sharing, Online Friends Network - Ziddu

I used an all-in-one to remove the watermark and the send feedback link though, but it is the WGA patcher which was made available before the public beta, thus allowing you to run the OS without a time limit and our policies restrict links to it, so you'll just have to google that if you would like it.

I just tried installed Photoshop CS4 and well, it has failed - I'll have to try that again though, could be a bad download

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
hmm somethin weird happend. watermark disappeared on its own but send feedback is still there.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ah, finally, got it all just how I like it. It feels so clean compared to vista, but then again, I say that every time I format.

PS- is anyone's right click -> gadgets not working?

[qimg]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9988/90020338vw2.jpg[/qimg]

If you have UAC disabled then you cannot get them working without replacing some system files, google Gadgets not working with UAC disabled Windows 7 - that should bring up some results

mohaas05

I like it a lot. It seems they improved usability quite a bit. If you are on Windows XP and skipped Vista, then this is definitely what you should upgrade to.

cooled

Blackbird, its a beta, expect the unexpected with it.

Additional Comment:
FrozenIpaq, Gadgets not working is a common issue with windows 7 for the past few leaked builds, its solved by usually a reinstall.

chrono6456

If you have UAC disabled then you cannot get them working without replacing some system files, google Gadgets not working with UAC disabled Windows 7 - that should bring up some results

Yep, that's it. I wonder if Windows 7 beta people will be rewarded with free windows 7 keys when the beta is over. Happened for the Vista Beta.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Blackbird, its a beta, expect the unexpected with it.

Additional Comment:
FrozenIpaq, Gadgets not working is a common issue with windows 7 for the past few leaked builds, its solved by usually a reinstall.

expect it to get rid of watermarks while im lookin for how to get rid of watermarks 0.o

Does any body no any new useful features.

So far
-------------------
aerosnap- Drag it to a side to snap it to that side pull it to the top for fullscreen.

Aeroshake- shake to close all other windows shack again to bringem back up.

superbar- adds folder support to taskbar.

i dont know any other ones yet.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
expect it to get rid of watermarks while im lookin for how to get rid of watermarks 0.o

Does any body no any new useful features.

So far
-------------------
aerosnap- Drag it to a side to snap it to that side pull it to the top for fullscreen.

Aeroshake- shake to close all other windows shack again to bringem back up.

superbar- adds folder support to taskbar.

i dont know any other ones yet.

It's mostly just an optimized version of Vista so new features will be hard to find. They added "libraries", revamped the notifications area. Also entries in the start menu can be expanded (not all, just some) to see recent/frequent items associated with the app and tasks you can do. There's also a heavily revamped Paint. An improved on-screen keyboard for tablet PC's. The new Action Center as well which is somewhat new. Also comes with Windows Media Player 12 (11 is what Vista has) and the new "Sidebar" and ability to see desktop through windows. Better UAC control as well

Not very organized, just typed as I remembered

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I've already had a BSOD. The screen was flashing between on and off, being on each for about 5 seconds, until when I turned on I could read at the bottom that was display driver had stopped responding then after the next time it went off, it BSODed.
Hasnn't done it again though...

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
installed my 9800gt today :D

Windows 7 runs perfect and bsod free. You have to do a clean install though for the nvidia windows 7 drivers.