• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

SilverSpring

Well, there's only 4 possibilities:

1) They've finally been officially licensed.
2) They've cracked the crypto and can sign their own eboots.
3) They're using an exploit that works on all firmware and models.
4) Their site is incorrect and it doesn't actually work.

Though their previous Action Replay came with their own magic battery/magic MS to work on 1K and early 2K PSP's (using the Pandora exploit). There's no mention on their site about a battery in this version so it'll be interesting how this works.

If anyone gets one, send me the eboot and I'll spill their secret (if indeed it works).

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
i remember reading something that you still need a magic memory stick for this to work anyway, plus i think it was bogus i can't actually remember but it was dodgy what ever the reason was

Hellcat

Contributor
Hm, weird.... usually they advertise their super Action-Replay and in the end it's only a collection of savegames....
But there, they keep talking of their code-engine, even say "no powersaves" at one spot....

I wonder how this works, in the vid it looks like you actually start it from the XMB like usual games....

Straaaaange.... :confused:
No way they got licensed, it there?

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
Does this even work with 6.20? In the FAQ the latest update was for 6.10 support:
Knowledgebase - Codejunkies

I looked at the manual and it give instructions for an "Action Replay Battery Enabler" but why would a battery be needed when the PSP Go doesn't use the standard battery like the 1000-3000 models use: action-replay-psp-user-manual-uk.pdf

Also, i'm not sure on what this is supposed to do since I don't have an AR, but I found this on the site which is a firmware update for AR that supports 6.10. There's two .ELF files that I couldn't get running with ELF Menu 0.4 and one .BIN file.

Hellcat

Contributor
@Infinity:
That's likely for the old AR that used the service mode to hook itself in.
But who knows.... Only way to know for sure is to get the thing and then sue Datel for it not working *lol*

Or maybe even THANK Datel for the thing actually working....

Interesting, at least....

n00b81

That wasn't a lie.. allegedly Datel was going to release it, but Sony sued them. Now if they really cracked the pre-IPL, or if it just booted 3k's into service mode is another question, which we will never know.

Hellcat

Contributor
Maybe they just found out how to propperly encrypt their executables, so one can launch them :D

Cloudy

I've ordered it. Will let you all know how it seems to work and will contact you to send you the eboot SilverSpring when it arrives. Can test it on both a 2000 and a go.

One thing occurs to me - homebrew may be possible in this by using codes. If so, could be very nice :p

Hellcat

Contributor
Yeah, maybe this is sploitable to run HB :)

Eventually it might be listed at Amazon too, I'll order one then (given it works)

Dragoneon

The Server Asshole
I've ordered it. Will let you all know how it seems to work and will contact you to send you the eboot SilverSpring when it arrives. Can test it on both a 2000 and a go.

One thing occurs to me - homebrew may be possible in this by using codes. If so, could be very nice :p

Sweet can you send it to me too ?

Cloudy

Unless your aim is to do something for the good of the scene then no. Datel may have questionable business practices (using GPL code, and for instance boosters ipl sdk in the last action replay) however this does not excuse passing their files to everyone.

I'm sure it won't be as easy as copying from one MS to another anyway.

junya8971

You all know Datel, they been sued before and will probably be sued again, lol
It would interesting if this actually works on the Go. That is something to see.

stadicon

One thing i noticed looking on the User Guide infinity posted, is the Copyrights in the end, which actually say "2008 Datel Design & Development Ltd"... So, this User Guide should be pretty old and i guess it's not for the new Action Replay which is supposed to work on 300x and PSPGo... Also, i can't connect to their site since yesterday, which isn't a good sign i guess!

I hope this works, but to be honest i am cautious about this... But if this is actualy working the same way it used to work, then it should give us many information. There is still a chance, though, that they may bought a license from SONY or something and managed to encrypt their ELF correctly, which is no use for us!

impulse

Ordering one... perhaps two?

Yeah, maybe this is sploitable to run HB :)

Eventually it might be listed at Amazon too, I'll order one then (given it works)

Hey all. I'll be ordering one today, hopefully it'll come quick and we can see if it's worth the order. SilverSpring / Hellcat, I too should have the eboot soon, so when mine arrives I will check with you if you haven't gotten it yet, I'll ask you on irc. (This is npt. Btw, is there a way to change one's nick on here? Mods?)

Regards,

npt / impulse (npt is what I have used in unix circles for a long time, and I decided I would rather keep just one nick.):D