• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2.71 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Requirements
  • A PSP with the 2.71 Firmware
  • You have above 75% battery left
  • Find out if you have a TA-082 motherboard, see this photo
  • If you do not have a TA-082, follow the Generic Downgrader guide, otherwise make sure you follow the TA-082 downgrade guide

Instructions for TA-082 downgrade
1. Download the TA-082 Downgrader files.​
2. Extract the archive and copy all files inside of "MS_ROOT" to your memory stick drive. If asked to overwrite any files, click yes.​
3. Get the official 1.50 EBOOT, extract it, then rename the PBP file to UPDATE.PBP and copy it into the <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder.​
4. Navigate to the Photo directory on your PSP, select HEND folder. If successful you will see a blue then green screen flash, if not - try again.​
screen3.jpg
5. Execute the 1.5 Enabler program on your PSP. When prompted to alter an idstorage key, press X.​
screen1.jpg
6. The program will exit to the XMB. Now execute the generic downgrade, which will show in the PSP menu as "Update X.YZ".​
screen2.jpg
7. When the downgrade is finished, you will be asked to press X to restart the PSP.​
8. If all went fine, you​

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I am running the generic downgrader but my PSP just reboots aftr the PSP logo...

Never heard of that happening before. Are you sure you started HEN successfully?

p1nkerboy

i believe i have...though after 4 or 5 unsuccessful attempts to downgrade, my firmware from 2.71 HEN-D goes back to 2.71, and then i have to run HEN-D again...is that normal??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i believe i have...though after 4 or 5 unsuccessful attempts to downgrade, my firmware from 2.71 HEN-D goes back to 2.71, and then i have to run HEN-D again...is that normal??

Yeah, HEN is not active after a reboot.

ok, someone else had problems with HEN D so I recommend you try this. Download Hen C here: http://exophase.com/files/psp/hen_c.rar

start it up from the photo folder as normal, and now try starting the Generic downgrader.

cyy8913

i need help.

my psp turns off automatically when trying to run hend, not even showing a color screen.
my psp is TA-082 with 2.71 fw.
anyone can help me?

Acaro

It's normal. The HEN startup is unstable, so you must try more times.

Normally it work's best for me if you restart the PSP without a disk inserted, and in the image wait for the icon to glow 3 times before hitting X to start the HEN.

:wink:

kommodus

probs

Hi i have a psp with 2.71 and a TA-082.

While downgrading to 1.50 as explained above, when i ran idstoragechange, after reaching 100% and hitting X to restart my psp the screen just went black, and no matter what i do it wont budge, no matter what i press, and the power switch just wont manage to turn it off. I tried the screen brightness button just in case and its not that either... battery was at 100% and i didnt unplug it from the power at any moment... any ideas would be much appreciated

P.S. Ok i managed to turn it off without popping out the battery but when i turn it on i still just get a black screen with nada on it.. no logo, no purty sony sound... just a black screen that wont budge no matter what buttons i spam...

Roe

Hi i have a psp with 2.71 and a TA-082.

While downgrading to 1.50 as explained above, when i ran idstoragechange, after reaching 100% and hitting X to restart my psp the screen just went black, and no matter what i do it wont budge, no matter what i press, and the power switch just wont manage to turn it off. I tried the screen brightness button just in case and its not that either... battery was at 100% and i didnt unplug it from the power at any moment... any ideas would be much appreciated

P.S. Ok i managed to turn it off without popping out the battery but when i turn it on i still just get a black screen with nada on it.. no logo, no purty sony sound... just a black screen that wont budge no matter what buttons i spam...
You bricked your PSP

Zero!

Hi I followed the guide but when I try run the update I get this message

Current key 5 first longword is 0x436c6b67

1.5 will not run on a TA-082/86 PSP With this setting

press x to alter the key press o to exit

Any help would be greatly appriciated :)

EDIT: The number on the back of my psp behind the umd cover is IC6001 if that helps.

Never mind! ran the generic downgrader and it worked a charm, best guide ive seen so far! very simple! ty

heonoocquay

I have a TA-082 PSP with FW=2.71. And I follow the instruction for TA-082 downgrade.
1. "Start HEND" - got a blue screen in 1-2 sec - and PSP restarts automatically.
2. "Execute the 1.5 Enabler":
Shall I press X to alter the key ? I've read in the forum about the problem, and someone said:do not continue ... while another said just continue .. What is the right thing to do now ?

Thank you

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have a TA-082 PSP with FW=2.71. And I follow the instruction for TA-082 downgrade.
1. "Start HEND" - got a blue screen in 1-2 sec - and PSP restarts automatically.
Shall I press X to alter the key ? I've read in the forum about the problem, and someone said:do not continue ... while another said just continue .. What is the right thing to do now ?

Thank you

yeah you need to press X

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I find it really funny that some people ask whether they need to press X or not. One person on MC stated that he ran and exited 1.5 enabler several times, but every time, it told him that it wouldn't run 1.5 and that he needed to press X. He was stumped on what to do... :crying: :bored: :huh: :laugh:

Oh well, better they ask if they're not sure. :smile:

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I find it really funny that some people ask whether they need to press X or not. One person on MC stated that he ran and exited 1.5 enabler several times, but every time, it told him that it wouldn't run 1.5 and that he needed to press X. He was stumped on what to do... :crying: :bored: :huh: :laugh:

Oh well, better they ask if they're not sure. :smile:

well,to a novice user it is quite alarming to see hex values pop up if you don't know what you're doing :p

Chilly Willy

Contributor
well,to a novice user it is quite alarming to see hex values pop up if you don't know what you're doing :p

Sigh... it's the common dilemma - put too much info and have people complain, or not enough and have people complain. The current state was deamed suitable by everyone involved at the time. It clearly states whether or not the PSP is CURRENTLY capable of running 1.5, and that X should be pressed to alter this. It's in the instructions and guides what to do at this point as well. Not that I'm adverse to making changes that seem warranted.

Zero!

Thank you

This came up for me so I used the generic downgrader, worked a charm.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
This came up for me so I used the generic downgrader, worked a charm.

The "generic" downgrader? Do you mean the original downgrader? If so, you've horribly mangled your keys and now need to run something like KeyCleaner to fix them. That's the whole purpose of having the corruption-free downgrader. If you were concerned whether or not you should have pushed X, you should have asked rather than rely on a noobie post of "someone said not to."

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The "generic" downgrader? Do you mean the original downgrader? If so, you've horribly mangled your keys and now need to run something like KeyCleaner to fix them. That's the whole purpose of having the corruption-free downgrader. If you were concerned whether or not you should have pushed X, you should have asked rather than rely on a noobie post of "someone said not to."

nah,its a mate of mine so i was trying to help him and he had a TA-081 mobo.....as far as i know that should of been fine.and he hasnt reported any strange happenings to me yet.in fact he's loving the homebrew :D

ahockz

downgrade

Anyone can help mi pls . . . :sad:

i have a psp 2.71SE-B and a non TA-082

i tried Generic downgrade. when i go hend, it go blue screen, but did not restart itself, i turn it on and run the update x.yz it said "The game could not be started. (DADADA)."

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Anyone can help mi pls . . . :sad:

i have a psp 2.71SE-B and a non TA-082

i tried Generic downgrade. when i go hend, it go blue screen, but did not restart itself, i turn it on and run the update x.yz it said "The game could not be started. (DADADA)."

I don't think you have to downgrade since you're running SE-B, man. I honestly don't know what you DO have to do, have to ask someone that's been on the scene a little longer, but yeah, you won't have to actually DOWNGRADE it I don't think.