• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.03 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
no :\ MP_ROOT is not even mentioned in the guide.. its saying to copy the files from MS_ROOT in the zip to your memory stick drive

Ken08

where can i get hold a piece of GTA LCS??

Hi guys,

Any idea where can I get hold of the GTA LCS??

JKing

Banned
i went thare to get the game at gamestop and the v2.60 i cant retern it... im pist.

You went to gamestop and you cant return?? Did you buy it new?? If so trade it in, lost some money but it was worth a try, and if you got it used which is the best bet, you have 7 days to return it....Or you can be like me and just go like crazy on him if he says you cant return it...:eek:

rambo

You went to gamestop and you cant return?? Did you buy it new?? If so trade it in, lost some money but it was worth a try, and if you got it used which is the best bet, you have 7 days to return it....Or you can be like me and just go like crazy on him if he says you cant return it...:eek:

thanks for the tip but they have no used ones... i have no ebay accaunt so whare els can i go

JKing

Banned
thanks for the tip but they have no used ones... i have no ebay accaunt so whare els can i go

Friends, Not sure where you live so I really cant help, Maybe blockbuster, Im sure they didnt replace there old GTA 2.00 with the GTA 2.60 lol, try that.

rambo

Friends, Not sure where you live so I really cant help, Maybe blockbuster, Im sure they didnt replace there old GTA 2.00 with the GTA 2.60 lol, try that.

ill try that thanks... my friend downgades psp's but i dont trust him.:cool:

Gwapingn8

anybody HELP!!!!

i need anyone's help. i'm guiding my nephew to downgrade from 3.03 to 1.5
but after all the process, up to step 16 of the help guide, when suddenly

we encountered a problem... when you initialize the changes, each stage takes about a good 1 minute to load. setting of time, setting of date, settings, and even clicking from different infos in PSP mode... what's going on? can my nephew restart the psp now? or will it brick? let me know.. coz we are stuck and don't want to turn off the PSP if it will cause it to brick:( :( :( :(

Gwapingn8

i need anyone's help. i'm guiding my nephew to downgrade from 3.03 to 1.5
but after all the process, up to step 16 of the help guide, when suddenly

we encountered a problem... when you initialize the changes, each stage takes about a good 1 minute to load. setting of time, setting of date, settings, and even clicking from different infos in PSP mode... what's going on? can my nephew restart the psp now? or will it brick? let me know.. coz we are stuck and don't want to turn off the PSP if it will cause it to brick:( :( :( :(

NEVER MIND!!!!!!!:p :p :p

we DUMB!!!!!! it was the BACKLIGHT THINGY!!!!! i guess, being safe means being SCARED!!!!:p :p :p

Jaynb

Hi, Please help?!!!

Please some one help me.

I think i must be going mad or being really stupid! :confused:

I'm on 3.03 and trying to downgrade for the 1st time. I've read this thread and the instructions so many times, but when i come to downgrading, its just not working!
I feel so dumb!

I have the downloads and GTA LCS with 2.00.

I've copied MS_Root to the MS.
Renamed the 1.50 EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and copied it to <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ . There was no EBOOT.PBP to overwrite.

Then when I load GTA LCS, it loads all the way and starts the game!!!

I checked the "system information" and it still says 3.03

Its really annoying me! :mad:

I've tried formatting the MS. One set of instructions says move the 303HEN file, that didnt work either.

HELP!

Does anyone know where I can get the 3.03 firmware update?

The link at the top of the thread is actually a 3.02 update
and all the links I find on the web all link back to the same site
that has a 3.02 update mislabeled as a 3.03 update?

Help?

Thanks!

thomas11

Please some one help me.

I think i must be going mad or being really stupid! :confused:

I'm on 3.03 and trying to downgrade for the 1st time. I've read this thread and the instructions so many times, but when i come to downgrading, its just not working!
I feel so dumb!

I have the downloads and GTA LCS with 2.00.

I've copied MS_Root to the MS.
Renamed the 1.50 EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and copied it to <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ . There was no EBOOT.PBP to overwrite.

Then when I load GTA LCS, it loads all the way and starts the game!!!

I checked the "system information" and it still says 3.03

Its really annoying me! :mad:

I've tried formatting the MS. One set of instructions says move the 303HEN file, that didnt work either.

HELP!

Open the dwongrade on the pc then open ms root there will be a file called psp copy that and paste it on to your psp and press yes to all. eg <psp>/paste here

Jaynb

Do i need GTA Liberty city stories? gonna be hard to get D=

Yeah, you need GTA LCS with 2.00 firmware.

I think your best chance is a rental copy, thery're unlikely to buy new copys of the game to replace the old rentals! Or maybe a pre-owned one. No promises though! :p

kiark

Hello!

I read somewhere that the 3.03 downgrader only works ONCE... is that true? can i upgrade to 3.03 again and downgrade another time?

Cheers, kiark