• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Hey x3sphere I've just bought a blue version PSP 1.5 firmware already installed now i was thinking if i was to upgrade to 3.40 oe-a which is very tempting i have to say does it really matter if its "TA...." or "HEN"? don't wanna mess up the PSP as my second bought. Thanks!

No, that stuff doesn't matter when you're upgrading to 3.40OE-A, that stuff mainly matters when you're trying to downgrade. TA-XX is the type of motherboard, TA-082/086 and stuff need to be patched, but only on the downgrade. HEN is 'Homebrew-Enabled', which basically every downgrader uses this to be able to downgrade. Basically, what I'm saying is that you're fine.:smile:

Dragar

I'm getting a psp and a 4gb card tomorrow for my b'day and I was wondering if I should install this right away or wait a bit and install it later. Any help will be appreciated and if you can give me a list of features with custom firmwares it will be great. Thanks in advance!

~Dragar

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I'm getting a psp and a 4gb card tomorrow for my b'day and I was wondering if I should install this right away or wait a bit and install it later. Any help will be appreciated and if you can give me a list of features with custom firmwares it will be great. Thanks in advance!

~Dragar

In my opinion, you should definitely install this ASAP. It has every single feature of 3.40, but with the enabling of homebrew, ISOs/CSOs, and many other tweaks and such that is just completely unaccessible without an OE firmware.

Dragar

In my opinion, you should definitely install this ASAP. It has every single feature of 3.40, but with the enabling of homebrew, ISOs/CSOs, and many other tweaks and such that is just completely unaccessible without an OE firmware.
I just hit a dilemma. My psp comes with ratchet and clank and it requires 2.82 firmware and I don't get my 4gb card until a week later but if I upgrade it to 2.82 then i will have to use GTA LCS to downgrade from 3.03 and I don't have and will not be getting GTA so I really don't want to wait a week with nothing to do with my psp except use the umd sampler is there anything I can do? Because i cannot upgrade to this using just a 32mb card.

Edit: Don't worry I'm going to just get lumines for $20.
Edit 2: I can't find lumines anywhere so im find a way i can install a custom firmware with 32mb stick then upgrade to 3.40oe when i get my 4gb card
Edit 3: Ok I think I'll just use usbhost with irshell and if that fails I'll just download and use a devhook for now.

Roe

The only way you can upgrade to 3.40oe-a is by using an easy installer or getting the data.dxar that the oeupdmaker makes. I would give you the data.dxar but my internets too slow

Dragar

The only way you can upgrade to 3.40oe-a is by using an easy installer or getting the data.dxar that the oeupdmaker makes. I would give you the data.dxar but my internets too slow
I'm just gonna use a devhook until I get my 4gb card but thanks anyways. And I don't really need custom firmware until I get my 4gb card anyway.

Edit: Darn I think my psp is going to come with an un-downgradable firmware like 2.81-3.50 which I would need to get gta or lumines which I really don't want to waste money on them.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm just gonna use a devhook until I get my 4gb card but thanks anyways. And I don't really need custom firmware until I get my 4gb card anyway.

Edit: Darn I think my psp is going to come with an un-downgradable firmware like 2.81-3.50 which I would need to get gta or lumines which I really don't want to waste money on them.

Well, check your local GameStop or EB. A used copy of Lumines should only cost around $10 - $15 I reckon.

banner

All you need is to buy Lumines used and return it after you finish downgrading. Just say the game dont work on your PSP.

alex921

im running 3.10oe-a
how do you run(execute) the updater(program), after you put 1.50PBP and 3.40PBP into the oeupdmaker?

alex921

nevermind...
for some reason i had to reboot my psp for it to show up in the game menu
but im running it now
worked great! thanks a bunch!!
Q: do i need to keep those files saved?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
nevermind...
for some reason i had to reboot my psp for it to show up in the game menu
but im running it now
worked great! thanks a bunch!!
Q: do i need to keep those files saved?

No, once on 3.40 OE you are free to delete them or format the memory stick :smile:

Dragar

Yeah my psp came with 3.11 so I'ma go check out eb games tommorrow and see if they have lumines if not then i dunno what i can do.
just checked eb games and there was no lumines and i have no other idea how i could find it

Roe

Ok so you live in Australia? Hmmmm.... I'll find out the shipping to you and if its cheaper than 40$ I'll tell you

Dragar

Just got lumines for psp from harvey norman for $20 so ima buy a couple and sell em on ebay but thanks for your help guys im gonna do the downgrade oonce my psp is charged:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Ok iv downgrading and im installing 3.40oe now YAY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Edit: woot its installed and im loving it playing all my old ps1 isos and stuff its cool =P

supaquickt

Hi all,

I just got hold of a psp with 3.02 OE-A on it. I presume I can upgrade straight to 3.40 OE following this guide (I'm a complete noob). Thanks, also I watched a video that showed someone with 3.10 OE entering recovery mode and setting the kernel to 1.50 before upgrading to 3.40 OE. Whats that all about? Do I have to do that as well? Thanks for the help.

supaquickt

Used the search function (hits head) and found exactly my first question answered. Still looking for the answer to the second one..