• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Acerthief

good to hear.
BUT, don't double post next time, and in this you tripled posted.
pay a little more attention next time. Thanks :D

blitzkrieg

Help

It was written that this should apply to version 1.5 and OE PSP firmwares. Could i actually use this procedure to my version 3.40 firmware PSP? I have never tried to change the version of my PSP since i bought it. Many thanks!

coldr3ality

Brick.

Attempted to upgrade 3.02 OE-B to 3.40 OE-A
I used the GAME folder instead of GAME150.
The flash utility successfully uploaded '150 subset'..
then failed while trying to start the second half of the firmware

So my firmware got HALF written.
The flash utility then shut down the PSP without any warning,
or any prompt to retry..
it just gave up on my pisp.

When I turn the BRICK on, the memory card light flickers for a couple seconds.

MY QUESTION IS THIS::
Is it looking for firmware?

Garrett67

When I am finished installing 3.40 OE-A, can I delete all of the files and folders I put in the PSP\Game folder while installing?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When I am finished installing 3.40 OE-A, can I delete all of the files and folders I put in the PSP\Game folder while installing?

Yes you can.

Wally_Peanuts

Brick.

Attempted to upgrade 3.02 OE-B to 3.40 OE-A
I used the GAME folder instead of GAME150.
The flash utility successfully uploaded '150 subset'..
then failed while trying to start the second half of the firmware

So my firmware got HALF written.
The flash utility then shut down the PSP without any warning,
or any prompt to retry..
it just gave up on my pisp.

When I turn the BRICK on, the memory card light flickers for a couple seconds.

MY QUESTION IS THIS::
Is it looking for firmware?

dang that sucks, when will people learn to read the instructions 5 times, and then read them again as they go thru the process? sorry to hear about bricking your psp though, hopefully u can get into the recovery menu and all will be well. good luck bro

supaquickt

As a last resort press the brightness button (the little TV next to the PSP logo). My recovery menu wasn't showing and as soon as I did this it showed up. However I wasn't bricked I'd just been playing with No-UMD. Worth a shot though for that .001% chance it works ;-)

ZILLA

hey X3Sphere i got a PSP from a friend that has a FW 2.60 i tried to downgrade with liberty city stories (which i do have now) but that didn't work cuz i dont have a 1.5 PSP cuz i need the files from one(as u probly now its illegal to distribute that over internet) so im trying to update to 2.71 but when i put the update in the UPDATE folder i made
nothing shows up when i turn on my PSP
what the problem?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey X3Sphere i got a PSP from a friend that has a FW 2.60 i tried to downgrade with liberty city stories (which i do have now) but that didn't work cuz i dont have a 1.5 PSP cuz i need the files from one(as u probly now its illegal to distribute that over internet) so im trying to update to 2.71 but when i put the update in the UPDATE folder i made
nothing shows up when i turn on my PSP
what the problem?

Are you sure the folder path and filename is correct?

Folder path should be:

X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

And inside of the UPDATE folder is an EBOOT.PBP file, which is the 2.6 update.

If that's all correct go into the Game menu on your PSP and start the update.

Faylinx

It's Good to be king.
This works as an emulator correct? I'm currently running 1.5 so i can use my SNES emulators and such, i don't want to lose em! So i just want to make sure i'm not doing an actual firmware update rather than just downloading an update to my devhook emulator.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This works as an emulator correct? I'm currently running 1.5 so i can use my SNES emulators and such, i don't want to lose em! So i just want to make sure i'm not doing an actual firmware update rather than just downloading an update to my devhook emulator.

No... this is an actual firmware update. But it will still run all your emulators.

Plus you can always revert back to 1.5.

Faylinx

It's Good to be king.
ok thanks, i had it all set up but didn't do the full update because i needed my SNES lol

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
how do i down grade my psp to 1.50
i have 3.40

You'll need a copy of Lumines, you need to upgrade to 3.50, NOT 3.51 or 3.52, and follow THIS guide.

SnyperBob

carputer hacker
No... this is an actual firmware update. But it will still run all your emulators.

Plus you can always revert back to 1.5.

Hi guys,

I have an old original 1.5 FW PSP. I have been running emulators on it, and I found an old Japanese web browser that works for checking out sites on the Net. I have one UMD, but I've only used my PSP to play emulator games (lol, $200 PSP to play a $10 NES game)Anyway, I was just curious as to what was out there new for the PSP and I came across Dark Alex's amazing work, which lead me to this thread.

I have some quick questions, that I can't seem to find the answers to anywhere:

1. If I upgrade my 1.5 to 3.40 OE-A can I revert back to 1.5 if I want to in the future?

2. What features does 3.40 OE-A have that 1.5 doesn't. specifically, does it have a built in web browser? Does it have an email reader? Does it emulate PS1 games, etc..

Please keep in mind that I haven't experienced any firmware other than 1.5.....so if 3.40 OE-A has all the features of the official Sony 3.40 FW, please list some of those features for me.

I've never upgraded the FW before, and I want to find out ahead of time if it's actually worth possibly bricking my PSP to not gain any more functionality than I have now with 1.5

Thanks guys,
Bob