• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Acerthief

HELP!!! I BRICKED IT?

help!!
Everything went fine, the DATA.DXAR was OKAY. I then install the 3.03OE-A Flasher (the red picture from the game section of XMB) then i pressed x to start the installation. then it was done and told me to press x and restart manually. i pressed x and then start turn on the psp. got into the logo welcoming, got into the xmb background but never saw the XMB, and i was into a program, then the screen turned black. dead. i waited for half an other and nothing came up. DON'T TELL ME IT'S BRICKED, is it?
what did i do wrong? i went with the directions, but nothing came out.
what should i do?

is it bricked?

my board is TA-082, it says IC1003 on in inside.
was it my motherboard?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
help!!
Everything went fine, the DATA.DXAR was OKAY. I then install the 3.03OE-A Flasher (the red picture from the game section of XMB) then i pressed x to start the installation. then it was done and told me to press x and restart manually. i pressed x and then start turn on the psp. got into the logo welcoming, got into the xmb background but never saw the XMB, and i was into a program, then the screen turned black. dead. i waited for half an other and nothing came up. DON'T TELL ME IT'S BRICKED, is it?
what did i do wrong? i went with the directions, but nothing came out.
what should i do?

is it bricked?

my board is TA-082, it says IC1003 on in inside.
was it my motherboard?

I don't think its bricked you've just ran into the brightness issue with TA-082. hold down your brightness button or press it a few times

part2

Help please...

I am new here...

I have a PSP with system software 1.52 and i have tried to install 3.10 OE-A on it, like you have described in your 3.10 OE-A install guide.
But when i get to the point were is says "Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker", i get this error code "the game could not be started (80020148).
And after the other file is says corrupted data.

I hope you can help me with this problem.

Thanks for this awesome site...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Help please...

I am new here...

I have a PSP with system software 1.52 and i have tried to install 3.10 OE-A on it, like you have described in your 3.10 OE-A install guide.
But when i get to the point were is says "Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker", i get this error code "the game could not be started (80020148).
And after the other file is says corrupted data.

I hope you can help me with this problem.

Thanks for this awesome site...

the problem is that 1.52 cannot run homebrew. you will need to upgrade to 2.71, then downgrade to 1.5. Downgrading from 2.71 is very easy, just follow the guide here.

part2

THX for quick replay....

do you have a link to upgrade to 2.71... yust so that i get alle the files i need :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
THX for quick replay....

do you have a link to upgrade to 2.71... yust so that i get alle the files i need :)

yup link to 2.71 firmware is in that post I linked you to. just rename it to EBOOT.PBP then place in <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE to upgrade

xbudboy

old ver1.5 psp to 3.10?

Hi,
I am new to this, so please bare with me.
I have bought a psp at version 1.5 off a friend an he already had "fastloader" and "umd emulator" on the memory card supplied. can i change to version 3.10 safely and still play the games i have been given with my psp?
if so what do i need to remove from the setup folders etc to start the process successfully?
is it worth performing a "format memory stick" or will i just loose stuff i actually need to carry on playing the .iso games i have?

cheers

JKing

Banned
Hi,
I am new to this, so please bare with me.
I have bought a psp at version 1.5 off a friend an he already had "fastloader" and "umd emulator" on the memory card supplied. can i change to version 3.10 safely and still play the games i have been given with my psp?
if so what do i need to remove from the setup folders etc to start the process successfully?
is it worth performing a "format memory stick" or will i just loose stuff i actually need to carry on playing the .iso games i have?

cheers

Formate deletes everything, No it wont delete the files you need. 1.5 to 3.10 oe is a very simple update. Yes you can play your normal games on 3.10oe.
Cheers.

Acerthief

I don't think its bricked you've just ran into the brightness issue with TA-082. hold down your brightness button or press it a few times

is it possible that it didn't work because i copy the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% only, ran it and got DATA.DXAR, then i copied 310oeflasher and 310oeflasher%, copied DATA.DXAR, and ran the flasher.

would there be any problem if i didn't copy oeupdmaker, oeupdmaker%, 310oeflasher, 310oeflasher% into the memory stick at the same time?

JKing

Banned
is it possible that it didn't work because i copy the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% only, ran it and got DATA.DXAR, then i copied 310oeflasher and 310oeflasher%, copied DATA.DXAR, and ran the flasher.

would there be any problem if i didn't copy oeupdmaker, oeupdmaker%, 310oeflasher, 310oeflasher% into the memory stick at the same time?

Dont belive so, Will your psp turn on?

xbudboy

Formate deletes everything, No it wont delete the files you need. 1.5 to 3.10 oe is a very simple update. Yes you can play your normal games on 3.10oe.
Cheers.
thats great thanks, i will attempt it tonight, it seems pretty straight forward. one other question....where can i get some new games from as all the ones i have are 2 years old. (this is why i am trying to upgrade to 3.10 after all) you can pm me if its easier.
oh...I currently have a ridge racer umd in the psp, does this still need to be in to load up .iso games from my memory card?

cheers again

xbudboy

3.10 pro's an con's?

Can somebody list the advantages of 3.10 oe over my current ver1.50....yes i'm new to all this and i really dont want to brick my psp as i already have two emulators which play my .iso's but i think they dont play the newer games.

does 3.10 oe let me play my .iso's as i amn not sure exactly what it is, i'm pretty computer literate so dont mind giving it a go, just want to weigh up all the pro's an cons first....

thanks people....

Acerthief

Dont belive so, Will your psp turn on?

yeah, and the SCE logo comes out to welcome me, and the background comes out but no XMB comes out, and then the system automatically changes to the screen when you go in the game. then pitch black. hmm..... not bricked but dead.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
I have a question. I'm going to put a custom firmware on my PSP soon, but there's a theme I want to use that only supports 3.03 OE, not 3.10 OE. Would the firmware updating be pretty much the same method as the quide for 3.10, just using the 3.03 files instead?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have a question. I'm going to put a custom firmware on my PSP soon, but there's a theme I want to use a theme that only supports 3.03 OE, not 3.10 OE. Would the firmware updating be pretty much the same method as the quide for 3.10, just using the 3.03 files instead?

yeah, use 3.03 oe files instead, and 3.03 update instead of 3.10 for making the dxar

Acerthief: do you have a UMD in the drive?

Acerthief

yeah, use 3.03 oe files instead, and 3.03 update instead of 3.10 for making the dxar

Acerthief: do you have a UMD in the drive?

yes i do
i'd never took it out before since the first time i've played it.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
yes i do

you should take it out....cause the UMD being in the drive is making the psp automatically go into the game....if you have it out it'll go to the XMB.

although saying that,even if you had a game auto-loading,it shouldnt of froze up...unless the CPU speed wasnt set right....that happened to me and my copy of GTA:LCS where i had the cpu set to a higher speed and it just stayed at a black screen.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes i do

for some reason there is a problem with the game you are playing.

your PSP isn't bricked, its just booting straight to the game and going to a black screen

to get the game working, make sure you have the same recovery config as me (hold R during PSP boot)

Plain modules: Disabled
Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO: Disabled
Use isofs driver: Disabled
Use NO-UMD: Disabled

Acerthief

for some reason there is a problem with the game you are playing.

your PSP isn't bricked, its just booting straight to the game and going to a black screen

to get the game working, make sure you have the same recovery config as me (hold R during PSP boot)

Plain modules: Disabled
Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO: Disabled
Use isofs driver: Disabled
Use NO-UMD: Disabled

yeah it worked!!! thanks a bundle here!!!

lonelyguy

I downloaded metal gear solid from psx and works perfectly, but I have a question. After I finish the last mission (killing sniper wolf) on disc 1, i must change to disc 2. So... how can I do that?. well, you know what I mean, how can I make the psp believe that i "change disks", after finish disk 1, i dont have the options to save, and then boot disk 2. Is this the only game with this kind of problem or there are others like this?? please help me here.

THX for the help