• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I tried to execute the update maker and i get a error "The game could not be started"
(8002014c)

anyone know whatsup?

Are you running official firmware? If not then you did not place the update maker in the correct folder (GAME150).

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...

Golyat69

3.03 OE-A to 3.40 OE-A

Dear Sir/s, i got my psp in malaysia, already running 3.03 OE-A, however, whenever i upload games from the psp dvds i bought, it cannot play them all.. ex. transformers, tmnt, reel fishing..

I tried to update to 3.40 OE-A. after running the update maker, i browsed the memory stick and found 1 corrupted data. but still, i managed to continue with the process (creating DXAR) and upgrade to 3.40. But still, it cannot play the above mentioned games.

can somebody please help me out?

Golyat69

Dear Sir/s, i got my psp in malaysia, already running 3.03 OE-A, however, whenever i upload games from the psp dvds i bought, it cannot play them all.. ex. transformers, tmnt, reel fishing..

I tried to update to 3.40 OE-A. after running the update maker, i browsed the memory stick and found 1 corrupted data. but still, i managed to continue with the process (creating DXAR) and upgrade to 3.40. But still, it cannot play the above mentioned games.

can somebody please help me out? Sorry if i may have posted this twice. i'm quite new to forums..

SkriblZz

Hey, I'm currently running 3.80 m33-5 with the kernal 1.50 add-on. I followed the steps to install through that GAME150 folder and everything seemed fine it said it installed it and it was successful, then my PSP wouldn't turn on worth a hell, so I just used my pandora to reboot it. Anyways, did I do something incorrect? And if so, could anyone help me out on what to do to install 3.40 OE-A on a PSP with 3.80 M33-5? Thanks

Acerthief

Hey, I'm currently running 3.80 m33-5 with the kernal 1.50 add-on. I followed the steps to install through that GAME150 folder and everything seemed fine it said it installed it and it was successful, then my PSP wouldn't turn on worth a hell, so I just used my pandora to reboot it. Anyways, did I do something incorrect? And if so, could anyone help me out on what to do to install 3.40 OE-A on a PSP with 3.80 M33-5? Thanks

3.80M33-5 is higher and better updated than 3.40OE-A.
There's no need to go backwards, right?
You already have custom firmware.

Acerthief

Hey, i have psp version 3.10 oe-a, i understand all the steps apart from step 2, out of 1.50 and 3.40 which should i download? :S

Well, both. 3.40OE-A is a mix of 1.50 and 3.40.

Wannabe Hacker

Is 3.40 OE-A for a fat psp? Can you install it on a slim psp if you downgrade to 1.50? To install this do you have to use a fat psp to hack a slim? Please help1:confused1:

Acerthief

Is 3.40 OE-A for a fat psp? Can you install it on a slim psp if you downgrade to 1.50? To install this do you have to use a fat psp to hack a slim? Please help1:confused1:

Slims don't have 1.5kernel. Any firmware older than 3.60 will not work on the slim.
So yes, this is only for phat psp.

adephils

i upgraded my psp from 3.03 OE-C to 3.40 OE to be able to play iso games and the instructions given were perfect but for some reason the games just keeping saying loading but don't actually start playing............what am i doing wrong............pls help.

Acerthief

i upgraded my psp from 3.03 OE-C to 3.40 OE to be able to play iso games and the instructions given were perfect but for some reason the games just keeping saying loading but don't actually start playing............what am i doing wrong............pls help.
Check your UMD Settings.

Kc Kewlz

Teh Awesomeness.
im using time machine to install, 1.50 and whe i look for the program, i find it, but it says its corrupted. help?

Kc Kewlz

Teh Awesomeness.
nevermind, problem solved. and another problem created. when i run the flasher i get like 10 "PANIC" prompts and it starts writing my 1.50 subset and gets stuck on zero. Grr.

chris231280

Hi guys, i'm a real newbie to this.

I think my psp has been "altered" ;) in the past, it says the system software is 3.03 OE-A. Is this good or should I (can I) upgrade to this 3.40 OE-A firmware?

When I download some games, i get "game could not be started" messages. I assume this is cause my firmware pre-dates the games i'm trying to use.

If I do upgrade to 3.40, is this the newest firmware? If not can someone please tell me which one is. And tell me where to get it. My problem is, there's so many different firmwares, and you need to upgrade/downgrade to different ones before installing newer ones. I'm normally ok with these things. Just not done psp's before.

Confusing

But thanks