• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.90 M33 Install Guide

itsadamlikewhoa

so does this come with the 1.50 kernel? or do I need to download it? and if so, I know here to get the kernel.. but, where do i get the 1.50 update that I rename 150.pbp?

Acerthief

so does this come with the 1.50 kernel? or do I need to download it? and if so, I know here to get the kernel.. but, where do i get the 1.50 update that I rename 150.pbp?

You'll have to add the kernel separately. Here's the 150.PBP

tjsama

Do note that if you're already running 3.80 M33 and have a WiFi connection, you can simply update to 3.90 M33 by selecting Network Update from the PSP XMB.

I'm using 3.80 m33-5 on slim. So do I need to have the 3.90 EBOOT file when I do network update?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm using 3.80 m33-5 on slim. So do I need to have the 3.90 EBOOT file when I do network update?

No, it will download that through Network Update as well.

taluks

im newbie here and just want to learn how to update my psp. i have pspslim with 3.71 M33-2 and i want it to update to 3.90 M33 all i have to do is simply follow your install guide.

Acerthief

im newbie here and just want to learn how to update my psp. i have pspslim with 3.71 M33-2 and i want it to update to 3.90 M33 all i have to do is simply follow your install guide.

Yup you got it. Don't need anything else, just the follow up the guide and you'll be fine. :D

Acerthief

wow thanks,, by the way whats the difference if i didnt update my pspslim to 3.90

Actually, nothing XD.
But if you have 3.80M33, I'd recommend you to go up to 3.90M33 because it has the same thing, but 3.90M33 has skype!

xingkia

erm. gt a problem installing the new firmware. stuck at the pls wait screen. any idea why? using a 3.52m33-4 psp phat now. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Problem solved.
Just want to share the simple solution with the bros out here.

Go to Recovery mode and revert your kernel to 3.XX where X is the custom firmware you

Di Vaio

Not Working

when i run the update i get "the game could not be started (DADADADA)"? what am i doing wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
when i run the update i get "the game could not be started (DADADADA)"? what am i doing wrong?

What firmware are you on?

AznSaiyan

a question i have a japanese version.

and i have installed this firmware. Now i dont see go messenger. I have changed the region but still not in it. Did i have to changed the region before the install?

another thing is. when i have changed the region do i have to save it? if yes how?

Also why cant i play the snes games? in 3.40 oe-a i could play those games but now i cant? doenst 3.90 m33 has all the features?

pspknightx

a question i have a japanese version.

and i have installed this firmware. Now i dont see go messenger. I have changed the region but still not in it. Did i have to changed the region before the install?

another thing is. when i have changed the region do i have to save it? if yes how?

Only Europe region can see the GO!Messenger. Go to Recovery mode, then configuration, press the region until "Eur", after that press back > Exit.
Back to XMB and go to Internet, you should see the icon of GO!Messenger there.

What type of PSP you are using? Slim or Phat? Maybe the emulator you are using can only be used under 1.50 kernel. You have to download the latest emulator which can be run under 3.xx kernel. Plus, PSP Slim cannot use 1.50. (In my knowledge :p)

AznSaiyan

wahahaha lol I have fat and slim and both are japanese version.

Also both has the skype and go messenger now.

I just did something in recover mode and da taaaa skype and go messenger are in there. Ofcourse fat dont have the skype.

cdh

Hi,

When trying to upgrade my Fat from 3.80 M33-5 (first through network update or afterwards via the starter on the memory stick) I get the following error:
The system configuration of this PSP system does not appear to be correct. The update cannot be completed. Contact tehnical support for assistance. (DRNFFFFFFB0)

I have already reset my PSP and tried it again, but it still didn't work.
The PSP is set to the 3.80 kernel.

edit: when i try to use the 390.PBP file which is available as download in this thread it tells me "incorrect file" while verification

Acerthief

Hi,

When trying to upgrade my Fat from 3.80 M33-5 (first through network update or afterwards via the starter on the memory stick) I get the following error:
The system configuration of this PSP system does not appear to be correct. The update cannot be completed. Contact tehnical support for assistance. (DRNFFFFFFB0)

I have already reset my PSP and tried it again, but it still didn't work.
The PSP is set to the 3.80 kernel.

edit: when i try to use the 390.PBP file which is available as download in this thread it tells me "incorrect file" while verification

You have a TA-086 mobo, and you're missing key8 (aka brightness key). You'll need to find it off the net for one and put it back in with "IDStorage Manager. Or else the key issue will always be there.

As for 390.PBP, either re-download again, or sadly you have a faulty memory stick.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so i need to downgrade the version 3.80 before getting a 3.90 M33? sorry i duno things abt psp

Will need to use Pandora to install custom firmware if you're on official 3.80.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

But creating the battery, installing memory stick files, requires a PSP already running custom firmware. So you'll need to find someone with custom firmware that can do this for you.

imgod2

y when i install it appear "requirer 3.54m33-3 or higher"?
but my version is already 3.54m33-4...
so wat happen??