• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.90 M33 Install Guide

toyds

Hello All,
im totally Newbie and registered just at the moment

I buy PSP here in japan and put 3.80 M33-5 but right now i already updated my PSP to 3.90 M33-2

thanks a lot for this

TK312

hey there.

Well ive got a fat PSP which had 3.52 M33-4 installed on it.
I unzip everything correctly then click the 3.90 M33 updater.

It pops up with a black screen -

Unpacking.... done.
Please Wait....

and it hangs there.

know whats wrong?

Acerthief

hey there.

Well ive got a fat PSP which had 3.52 M33-4 installed on it.
I unzip everything correctly then click the 3.90 M33 updater.

It pops up with a black screen -

Unpacking.... done.
Please Wait....

and it hangs there.

know whats wrong?

Sounds like a faulty memory stick. What brand and the size is your memory stick?

Also it's better if you don't have a theme modded and the language set to english. :D

kyoukara

Darn error

Hey there I have been having some trouble with updating from 3.52 m33-4 to 3.80/90. When I try and run the update I get to the unpacking bit and then I get to the next screen where it says "Verifying 290.PBH" and the "u235." ok for both and then an error saying error 0x000000000 checking idstroage destination. or somthing similar.
My memory stick is not faulty I have used it in the past for getting 3.40OE and so on plus its an official sony one.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks.
Alex.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey there I have been having some trouble with updating from 3.52 m33-4 to 3.80/90. When I try and run the update I get to the unpacking bit and then I get to the next screen where it says "Verifying 290.PBH" and the "u235." ok for both and then an error saying error 0x000000000 checking idstroage destination. or somthing similar.
My memory stick is not faulty I have used it in the past for getting 3.40OE and so on plus its an official sony one.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks.
Alex.

First I would check to see if your 390.PBP download is corrupted. Make sure it matches the MD5: 64BAE5DD0D0F836BAEDF915FB106E9CC

You can use a program like HashTab to check file MD5s.

If the MD5 matches then the is file ok. Next try formatting the memory stick, then copy all your files back over.

kyoukara

Thanks for the reply, I have checked the MD5 thing and it matches but I have not formated the memory stick, I tried two other sticks and I get the same messages >_<

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the reply, I have checked the MD5 thing and it matches but I have not formated the memory stick, I tried two other sticks and I get the same messages >_<

Can you type the complete error message you're getting? I did a search on "checking idstorage destination" and couldn't find anything. I'm guessing it says something different.

I'd also try running Chilly Willy's KeyCleaner and fix up any problems it detects with your idstorage keys.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1238

kyoukara

my mistake it is

Sorry I made a mistake its not destination but "degeneration". I also don't know how many 0's it is. Thanks for going through the trouble for this, much appreciated.

alabatusa

hey, just wondering i had 2.71 firmware, i downgraded to 1.5 using generic downgrader, and upgraded to 3.52m33 from this forum post, but i see it says in this guide you need minimum 3.52m33-3, how do i know wat version i got. i downloaded from exo forum "3.52 m33 install guide"

thanks

alabatusa

hi again
i just update to 3.52m33-4, and now none of my keys work, as in i can press anything but my psp doesnt move between tabs, it seems to be working fine as in its not bricked, all the keys were working fine in 3.52m33, in 2.71 and in 1.5, anyone can tell me how to fix this.
whats interesting is that when i go into recovery mode all my keys are working again. i was trying to update to 3.90m33, anyone know how i culd do that from this situation. its just as keys dont work i cant get to my game memory card tab
thanks

dick_007

Having trouble updating my pspfat from 3.52m83 to 3.9 Or 3.7. When I run 3.9 it says I need to update to 3.52, which I already have.

I checked the kernal is set correctly (it is). Any ideas??

Acerthief

Having trouble updating my pspfat from 3.52m83 to 3.9 Or 3.7. When I run 3.9 it says I need to update to 3.52, which I already have.

I checked the kernal is set correctly (it is). Any ideas??

Make sure you have 3.52M33-3 or 3.52M33-4

PSPLad

great. i had 3.52 M33-3 installed and did EXACTLY what the guide says (i use the old psp not slim) and it said: unpacking... done. and for about 15 minutes now it says Please wait...

it cant take THAT long. i think i will have to shut down my psp but yet that really fears me. also the battery level was 83%

edit: alright i COULD restart it and tried it for another time. it didnt even unpack but gave me directly the message "unpacking... done- Please wait..."

kuzuo

my psp can't run it... i don't know why... i have a slim psp with 3.90 from network update... i'm trying to put the m33-2 kernel. when i run the installer, the psp says: "the game could not be started (80020148)"

Acerthief

my psp can't run it... i don't know why... i have a slim psp with 3.90 from network update... i'm trying to put the m33-2 kernel. when i run the installer, the psp says: "the game could not be started (80020148)"

Official Firmware Can't run homebrews like this.

You can only use the "Universal Unbricker" to get you to 3.80M33, then to 3.90M33.

There's a catch though, you need a PSP with custom firmware in order to install the set.

lkmg

hi, i have an original Hong Kong version of the psp slim. it is now 3.71 M33. can i used the custon firmware in this website to update to 3.90 M33? i do not need a pandora battery, right? just follow the steps list at the first page? thanks.