• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.90 M33 Install Guide

Acerthief

y when i install it appear "requirer 3.54m33-3 or higher"?
but my version is already 3.54m33-4...
so wat happen??

Go into the Recovery Menu, and Choose "Configuration" -> "Set GAME folder kernel" to 3.52.

Clint

Clintoris
sry..
mine is 3.52 m33-4..
can i know where is d recovery menu??
i still a noob in psp upgrade staff.. :laugh:

To get into the recovery menu, make sure your PSP is completely off. Then, hold the R button as you're starting your PSP, and it will take you to a configuration menu. Then, do as Acertheif said, hit X on "Configuration" and change the option for "Set GAME folder kernel" to 3.52. :)

Clint

pspwii360gamer

I downloaded everything onto my psp, but when i go to Memory Stick, it's there but it says Data Corrupted, i don't know what to do, can you please help me?

VK-91

Hi,

I'm kinda new to the psp world so please help...

I have the old PSP (fat one), with 3.80 firmware, the legit one, from sony website, to install the 3.90 custom firmware will I:

1. Have to download and install the legit 3.90 firmware first?

2. Have to have a pandora battery?

Also once i install the 3.90MM3 firmware, wont i be ble to dowanload anything else from the sony site (via the PSP?)

Thanks for reading.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi,

I'm kinda new to the psp world so please help...

I have the old PSP (fat one), with 3.80 firmware, the legit one, from sony website, to install the 3.90 custom firmware will I:

1. Have to download and install the legit 3.90 firmware first?

2. Have to have a pandora battery?

Also once i install the 3.90MM3 firmware, wont i be ble to dowanload anything else from the sony site (via the PSP?)

Thanks for reading.

Custom firmware functions the same way official firmware does, only it has extra capabilities added in, so everything will work. But you will need a Pandora battery to install custom firmware on 3.80.

VK-91

Custom firmware functions the same way official firmware does, only it has extra capabilities added in, so everything will work. But you will need a Pandora battery to install custom firmware on 3.80.

So just to confirm, i follow the orginal instructions written at the start of the thread but all i do is change my sony battery to a pandora battery?

Also what is pandora (the software) and will i need this aswell?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So just to confirm, i follow the orginal instructions written at the start of the thread but all i do is change my sony battery to a pandora battery?

Also what is pandora (the software) and will i need this aswell?

No you can only start following this guide once you're on custom firmware.

There is a guide on setting up a Pandora battery and magic memory stick here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

You will need another PSP already running custom firmware to complete most of the steps. If you do not know anyone who has a custom firmware PSP then I recommend asking someone over at Noobz to do it for you. There's many people there that will convert your battery and install the memory stick files for free as long as you cover shipping costs.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

imgod2

To get into the recovery menu, make sure your PSP is completely off. Then, hold the R button as you're starting your PSP, and it will take you to a configuration menu. Then, do as Acertheif said, hit X on "Configuration" and change the option for "Set GAME folder kernel" to 3.52. :)

Clint

Go into the Recovery Menu, and Choose "Configuration" -> "Set GAME folder kernel" to 3.52.

nw my psp already 3.90 MM3-2...
thank you very much 4 d help... :biggrin:

cdh

You have a TA-086 mobo, and you're missing key8 (aka brightness key). You'll need to find it off the net for one and put it back in with "IDStorage Manager. Or else the key issue will always be there.

As for 390.PBP, either re-download again, or sadly you have a faulty memory stick.

thanks worked like a charm after i created a blank key 8 which then was checked/verified as being "incorrect" and it then used the dl'd key8 from the stick :)

regarding the 390.PBP --> i tried it with 4 different memory sticks (Sandisk and Sony) and i always got this error, but since it worked using the "network update" i don't mind 8)

warr13

im lost and new at this my psp is a new one and has version 3.90 what can i do to turn it into homebrew enabled ?? hope i posted in he right area

bertotherobo

after installing 3.90 m33-2 and the 1.50 kernel v2, can i switch to a different memory stick? or do i need to have the 150k_installer and UPDATE folder in my memory stick at all times in order for it to continue to work?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor