• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.90 M33 Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Here is a step by step guide for installing the newly released 3.90 M33. Please note that you must be running 3.52 M33-3, or higher to begin this installation. Do note that if you're already running 3.80 M33 and have a WiFi connection, you can simply update to 3.90 M33 by selecting Network Update from the PSP XMB.

Installation Guide

First grab the 3.90 M33 files and extract them.

1. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME

2. Download the 3.90 EBOOT, and then place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the program, it will not run unless there is 78 percent battery free.

4. Press X and the update process will start. Yes it may look similar to a regular Sony update but don't worry!

5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick.

6. You've successfully installed 3.90 M33!.

pspknightx

Does this update include the skype?
I read the read me and there is no mention about skype

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Does this update include the skype?
I read the read me and there is no mention about skype

It includes Skype yes, but only for Slim PSPs.

pspknightx

Thanks for the fast reply :)
For PSP2000 japan model, after update it, will it appear the skype under internet option?
Cause one of my friend after update to the official firmware, it doesnt appear skype option.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the fast reply :)
For PSP2000 japan model, after update it, will it appear the skype under internet option?
Cause one of my friend after update to the official firmware, it doesnt appear skype option.

Sony have disabled the Skype function for Japan region units, since the microphones aren't available there yet.

But custom firmware has an option to change region in the recovery menu, so that may work.

pspknightx

Mine PSP is 2000 japan as well.
Which means if i want to use skype, i just have to change the region to other country, then the skype will be available? I just bought my PSP Slim and feel sad when Sony announced that japan model not supported with skype:(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Mine PSP is 2000 japan as well.
Which means if i want to use skype, i just have to change the region to other country, then the skype will be available? I just bought my PSP Slim and feel sad when Sony announced that japan model not supported with skype:(

Yes it should work. Can't tell you for sure since I don't have a Japanese unit. But if I change my region to Japan, then the Skype icon goes away. So that's likely the only setting preventing it from showing.

pspknightx

I see. I will give it a try after more update for 3.90m33 for my PSP Slim. Charging for my PSP Phat now and will be updated in 2 hours later. :D

pspknightx

Thanks for the guide .
How can i reflash 3.90M33 ?

U mean u want to format after update to 3.90m33?
Hold R when u boot up your psp, then simply go to advance > format flash1 and reset, wait for a while then everything will be reset. :smile:

dennis96411

No he meant that if he bricks it he want to reflash it. I have no idea, but try downgrade to 1.5 (WARNING!!: Change your language to ENGLISH before downgrade, or it'll be brick anyway when downgraded)then update to 3.52 M33 then a patch. After that you can upgrade to 3.90 M33 again. If you use pandora you don't have to worry about changing the language.

pspknightx

But if you are PSP slim, do not downgrade to 1.5 as Slim doesnt have 1.5 kernel (future time maybe, if Tima Machine by DA complete :p). Use pandora v4 to update to 3.80m33-5 and upgrade to 3.90m33.

AznSaiyan

I dont get it. I just want to be sure. I have 3.80 m33-5.

If i have internetconnection i just go to network update? but if i do that wont it go to normal firmware from sony?

I am a noob so please answer.

If i update there i still have my custom psp?

Is it a new function so you dont have to download those update? Please explain

I dont have a pandora battery because I had let a boy changed to 3.80 m33-5 for me so i dont have a pandora battery. also where can i get a pandora battery? Can you make one by yourself by the way?

DO I NEED A PANDORA BATTERY to do that? Also do i have to change in english first before i do that?

also what does xmb means? i mean the network update xmb. can one of you make a pic of that?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I dont get it. I just want to be sure. I have 3.80 m33-5.

If i have internetconnection i just go to network update? but if i do that wont it go to normal firmware from sony?

I am a noob so please answer.

If i update there i still have my custom psp?

Is it a new function so you dont have to download those update? Please explain

I dont have a pandora battery because I had let a boy changed to 3.80 m33-5 for me so i dont have a pandora battery. also where can i get a pandora battery? Can you make one by yourself by the way?

DO I NEED A PANDORA BATTERY to do that? Also do i have to change in english first before i do that?

also what does xmb means? i mean the network update xmb. can one of you make a pic of that?

If you hold R during bootup and enter the configuration mode "Use M33 Network Update" should be enabled. What this does is download the latest M33 update from dark-alex.org when you select the Network Update option.

You can create a Pandora battery on 3.80 M33-5. Here's a guide on how to do it:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Though I recommend you buy an extra battery just for Pandora, so that you can always restore your PSP's firmware if something goes wrong.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
do i have to put a new memory stick?

No, all it does is install some files to your memory stick. So, after you create a Pandora, the files can stay on there and you can continue using the MS as normal.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It write on the readme that we must use 3.80 SoNY E.Boot and rename it with 3.90.PBP

is that correct to use 3.80 EBOOT? or 3.90 EBOOT was available.. thx:blushing:

no, use the 3.90 EBOOT.