• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Here is a detailed step by step guide for installing the newly released 4.01 M33. Please note that you must be running 3.52 M33-3, or higher to begin this installation. Do note that if you're already running 3.80 M33 and have a WiFi connection, you can simply update to 3.90 M33 by selecting Network Update from the PSP XMB.

Installing 4.01 M33

First grab the 4.01 M33 files and extract them.

1. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME

2. Download the 4.01 EBOOT, and then place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the program, it will not run unless there is 78 percent battery free.

4. Press X and the update process will start. Yes it may look similar to a regular Sony update but don't worry!

5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick.

6. You've successfully installed 4.01 M33!

Upgrading to 4.01 M33-2

After installing 4.01 M33, it is recommended to apply the latest update for additional bug fixes and related firmware improvements. Below is a quick three step walkthrough on how to manually update the firmware. Please note that you must have already installed 4.01 M33, as detailed above, in order to begin this process.

1. Download the 4.01 M33-2 update files and extract the archive.

2. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME, where X is the letter of your memory stick drive. If asked to overwrite any files, do so.

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the 4.01 M33-2 update program. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update your firmware.

pspknightx

Nice, I have been waiting for the new update for a long time and now released :D
Thanks Dark Alex and other m33 members. :biggrin:

By the way, I have some keys problems in my Phat PSP which listed below. Can I update my PSP from 3.80m33 (current) to 4.01m33 by just ignoring those key problem ?

Attachments

• DSC058923.JPG
    DSC058923.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 7,113

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Nice, I have been waiting for the new update for a long time and now released :D
Thanks Dark Alex and other m33 members. :biggrin:

By the way, I have some keys problems in my Phat PSP which listed below. Can I update my PSP from 3.80m33 (current) to 4.01m33 by just ignoring those key problem ?

I can't really see the picture, but I think you can use Chilly Willy's extremely useful "Key Cleaner"

pspknightx

Hmm i will try edit the picture again

EDITED: This time should be able to see the picture already :D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah you definitely have a lot of faulty keys... but if there is no problem on 3.80 M33 it might be better to just let them be. Also upgrading to 4.01 M33 shouldn't be a problem, although I would recommend creating a Pandora setup just in case, so you can revert back to a previous firmware if there are any issues.

tomguyz

Tomd3DogGz
Hi x3sphere,

Some question for u.....
I have a PSP Phat and running on 3.03OE.C Firmware. How I can upgrate to 4.01 M33 Firmware?
Please let me know the step or guide me trought it ....

T.Q

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

fluid

I have 3.95 GEN-2. Is there any special instructions or do I just have to follow the above instructions?

Coy

I have 3.95 GEN-2. Is there any special instructions or do I just have to follow the above instructions?

hmmm i dont know. why don't you just try it for your self. make a pandora battey first before you try it :smile:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Just follow the above instructions, it will work fine. I haven't personally tested it - but reading over at PSPGEN, a few folks upgraded from 3.95 GEN-2 to 4.01 M33 successfully.

fluid

Just follow the above instructions, it will work fine. I haven't personally tested it - but reading over at PSPGEN, a few folks upgraded from 3.95 GEN-2 to 4.01 M33 successfully.

It went fine. I have succesfully updated to 4.01 m33 thanks a lot guys

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did D_A or Sony fixed the original fatmsmod issues?

No, the fatms driver is still slow in 4.01 M33. The previously released patch won't work either.

eclipse107

How do I add firmware with 3.73 update?

I've searched all over but can't figure out how to add home-brew to my PSP phat. Total noob question but how do I get home-brew to work on my PSP if I've never added home-brew software? My PSP is running on 3.73 firmware. Thanks.:biggrin:

carayan

I get an error.

First it says 401.pbp cant be found (which is in x:pSP/GAME/UPDATE) then it says Download from internet? So i press yes, then it finds connection then it says Uerror: (numbers) then closes.

What am i doing wrong?

NVM, got it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah.. the network update server is actually down right now, as is dark-alex.org. Should be back up tomorrow, though.

vp10120

x3sphere, this is interesting, i flashed 4.01 M33 and tested for the speed for ISO and CSO, it went pretty fast. I can't test it with USB2.0 because my laptop sent for replacement. Althought im thinking is my memory stick that didn't affect the speed.

First Theory:
I reliase when transferring data to PSP using USB1.0 the MS light went fast blinking. And before it was slow blink before 4.01. Meaning the data is being written on MS full speed via USB1.0. So USB2.0 won't go any faster?

Second Theory:
I full formatted my MS on PSP with windows format tool and ran scan disk then format agian on PSP. I heard this way can also fix the MS slow down issue. Im suggesting everyone try that.