• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

dennis96411

Hey x3sphere you know you don't have to install 4.01 M33 to install 4.01 M33-2. I directly installed 4.01 M33-2 from my CFW 3.93 without a problem.

tomguyz

Tomd3DogGz
Do this New firmware 4.01 M33 support custom Theme for 3.90 M33 ??

junevil

help plsss...

i have downloaded the official firmware version 4.01 from sony. how can i upgrade to custom firmware, i tried your steps but it always says "the game could not be started"
note i successfully upgraded my custom firmware 3.7 to 4.01 official firmware.. i want the custom one please help..

barnacles

I'm on 3.52 M33-4.
I've copied the 401 files as instructed and run the '4.01 M33' item from the memorystick 'game' menu. The app starts, screen goes black, it says 'Unpacking... done.' then 'Please wait...'.

Then it just sits at 'Please wait...'. I've left it for over half an hour, it just sits there.
A reboot beings it back into the 3.52 M33-4 XMB.

Is there anything else I need to do to get to 401 from 3.52 M33-4?

Cheers

I had this same problem. I solved it by doing a hard reboot, holding down R, booting up the recovery menu. Go to configuration, and change the game folder homebrew from 1.5 to 3.xx. It worked for me after that, hope it does for you as well.

pspknightx

Yeah dude i pressed "home" and tried to use start/ select to get out of the game but am stilling having to hard boot.

After pressing "Home", press either "X" or "O" to exit the game(depends on your setting in recovery mode)

DrLitebur

i have downloaded the official firmware version 4.01 from sony. how can i upgrade to custom firmware, i tried your steps but it always says "the game could not be started"
note i successfully upgraded my custom firmware 3.7 to 4.01 official firmware.. i want the custom one please help..
You'll have to have your PSP re-done with custom firmware...pandora's battery, the whole works. That is why you don't want to ever update with the official firmware...it overwrites the custom.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Bro got problem ..... during then 3.52 M33update it show "Loading PSAR to RAM ....." then later it show Loading PSAR to RAM ...... read error or corrupted"

What happen ar ???

That means your 352.PBP is corrupted... try re-downloading it and also format your memory stick to make sure you don't have any corrupt sectors.

loscooby

It went fine. I have succesfully updated to 4.01 m33 thanks a lot guys

Hi,

I am also about to install 4.01 m33 on my psp slim on 3.95 orig sony...
How did you do the update, do I need the 4.0 sony image aswell as the 4.01 m33
or do I only need the 4.01 m33?

/L-O

amzace

Here is a detailed step by step guide for installing the newly released 4.01 M33. Please note that you must be running 3.52 M33-3, or higher to begin this installation. Do note that if you're already running 3.80 M33 and have a WiFi connection, you can simply update to 3.90 M33 by selecting Network Update from the PSP XMB.

Installing 4.01 M33

First grab the 4.01 M33 files and extract them.

1. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME

2. Download the 4.01 EBOOT, and then place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the program, it will not run unless there is 78 percent battery free.

4. Press X and the update process will start. Yes it may look similar to a regular Sony update but don't worry!

5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick.

6. You've successfully installed 4.01 M33!

Upgrading to 4.01 M33-2

After installing 4.01 M33, it is recommended to apply the latest update for additional bug fixes and related firmware improvements. Below is a quick three step walkthrough on how to manually update the firmware. Please note that you must have already installed 4.01 M33, as detailed above, in order to begin this process.

1. Download the 4.01 M33-2 update files and extract the archive.

2. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME, where X is the letter of your memory stick drive. If asked to overwrite any files, do so.

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the 4.01 M33-2 update program. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update your firmware.

THANK YOU BRO:biggrin::biggrin:

geminirecon

Need Help!

This is what happens when I install:

I install update folder with eboot inside game folder along with 401.PBP.
Then I run it in the game-mem stick. verifying 401.PBP-ok, verifying u235-ok.
"press x to start" it said. Then i presses x.
"Starting sce updater" then the screen went blank.
then this message came out:

"The system configuration of this PSP
system does not appear to be correct.
The update cannot be completed.
Contact the technical support for assistance,
(DRNFFFFFFBO)"

what should i do?

alex_ray

Need Help!

(DRNFFFFFFBO)"

what should i do?

I have the same exact problem...:crying:

pspknightx

Re:pspknightz

Can post me the web containing the magic card and pandora....

Erm, are you calling me ? mine is end with "x" :biggrin:
here you go, guide to make pandora and magic card,

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Need Help!

(DRNFFFFFFBO)"

what should i do?

What is your firmware you are using now?

Jayz-28

hi... im a new psp owner... can u please explain to me how does this new firmware differs from the previous firmware version???