• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.00 M33-6 Easy Installation Guide

Jake

Jake i dont get that guide lol that was long time ago.

It's not really a guide and I think its still relevant.
Do you know anyone with cfw? If you do, you can follow this guide using their psp.

If you don't know anyone with cfw then you will have to buy a pandora battery or hard mod one. Then you can use this to make a magic memory stick.

raydian51

hello i tried upgrading from firmware 4.01 m33 but i get the following :error upgrading and it gives me a number (FFFFFFFE) what could this mean/? ive tried all sorts of guides today and i end up returning to the 4.01 firmware

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
hello i tried upgrading from firmware 4.01 m33 but i get the following :error upgrading and it gives me a number (FFFFFFFE) what could this mean/? ive tried all sorts of guides today and i end up returning to the 4.01 firmware

Try the recovery flasher

raydian51

Combina after i posted here i found people with the same error while upgrading and i downloaded the Recovery Flasher v1.4 and when i select the option for upgrading to the new 5.0 firmware i get an error and i have to exit the Recovery Flasher. I cant play with regular games on my psp becouse it was damaged using custom firmwares a great solution lol...

raydian51

Never mind i figured out what was wrong with the Recovery Flasher i forgot to place the 500 firmware were it belonged lol.. thats what you get when you have a pesky little brother asking you every 5 seconds if it's upgraded until 3 am on a friday night.....

beezy95

I do everything good but when i press install i receive a message Unpacking...done
500.PBP doesn't exist Do you want to download it from internet?

beezy95

yess i almoust complete the instalation but finaly i saw the message ""file 500.PBP is incorrect"" im sorry i dont know what to do if you can help me i'll be very happy

Farms

Hi,

Just wondering how long (roughly) the process should take ?
I'm running the update on a 3.52 m33-4 and it has got to the following state;

Unpacking ...done.

Please wait...

but it's been there for around 20 minutes ! I'm assuming something has gone wrong ?
Is there a safe way to back out without powering off and bricking the PSP or does it just take a while ;p

any advice would be mega :)

F

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Hi,

Just wondering how long (roughly) the process should take ?
I'm running the update on a 3.52 m33-4 and it has got to the following state;

Unpacking ...done.

Please wait...

but it's been there for around 20 minutes ! I'm assuming something has gone wrong ?
Is there a safe way to back out without powering off and bricking the PSP or does it just take a while ;p

any advice would be mega :)

F

It should only take a few seconds, but your problem is very common, here's what you should do:
http://mihd.net/e4ls7od
Run this app I built.
I don't know if it will work on ur old version, so if it won't do this:
1. go to recovery menu
2. change kernel mode to 3.xx

Deques

What are the chances that the upgrade fails and brick the psp?
Currently using 4.01 m33-2

I never tried an update before >.<

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
What are the chances that the upgrade fails and brick the psp?
Currently using 4.01 m33-2

I never tried an update before >.<

Extremely low chances.
The only way to get a brick during that update is if u accidently turn off your PSP (that never happend to me in my whole life, not during update not during anything else)

Deques

Thanks, I finally got the strength to update my psp to the latest firmware, and it got updated with no problems

AznPhenomenon93

The upgrade was sucessful but everytime I start the game, after the PSP screen, it would go back to the PSP menu with a notice that saids

"The game could not be started.
(80020321)"

How can I fix this?