• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.00 M33-6 Easy Installation Guide

schnoodles

Hello i was just wondering how i get from 1.5fw to this 5.00M33-3 is there a tutorial somewhere that tells me from 1.5 or can someone list the steps for me.

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
The upgrade was sucessful but everytime I start the game, after the PSP screen, it would go back to the PSP menu with a notice that saids

"The game could not be started.
(80020321)"

How can I fix this?

Go to the recovery menu, and change the UMD-mode to "Sony NP9660".
Or use this app instead:
http://ifile.it/bwzpfkj

Hello i was just wondering how i get from 1.5fw to this 5.00M33-3 is there a tutorial somewhere that tells me from 1.5 or can someone list the steps for me.
First upgrade to 3.52 M33-3, there are many tutorials here about this, like this one:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

shtirlic

After upgarde Psp is very slow and doesnt load games.

1. starts up fine for about 5-6 secs
2. A glitch in the screen appears ( like a tv with bad reception) then goes back to normal image
3. When i move to the categories (Game/Music Etc.) its very slow
4. Once i try to start a game/music/video, it freezes

I found similar topics but currently no answer how to solve it.

Can someone help?
Thanks

blackrat999

Hi.
i have successfully gone from 1.50 to 3.52 M33 without any probs and confirm this in system properties - but i cant get any further updates. i tried 5 and 4.01 but they both get so far and say yoiu must have 3.52 M33 to install this update - when i clearly have ?
any ideas gratefully received. thanks

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Hi.
i have successfully gone from 1.50 to 3.52 M33 without any probs and confirm this in system properties - but i cant get any further updates. i tried 5 and 4.01 but they both get so far and say yoiu must have 3.52 M33 to install this update - when i clearly have ?
any ideas gratefully received. thanks
I said 3.52 M33-3 not 3.52 M33

blackrat999

I said 3.52 M33-3 not 3.52 M33

ok thanks - didnt realise there was a difference - i updated to 3.52m33 from the instructions on this forum - now cant go further ? of can i ? are there any instructions on how to get up to firmware 5 ish ?
many thanks

Iceachilles

hello i tried upgrading from firmware 4.01 m33 but i get the following :error upgrading and it gives me a number (FFFFFFFE) what could this mean/? ive tried all sorts of guides today and i end up returning to the 4.01 firmware

I got the same error as above but I wasn't able to restart the psp after it just hang at that error and now it refused to start up as nornal. If I power on, only a green light at the LED and totally blank screen. Anybody can help? I will only be able to check on this forum late at night. THank you

Simulacrum

I have a similar problem as IceAchilles with the PSP shutting down. Upon attempts to restart the power goes on but only a blank screen appears. It will work again only if I let it rest for a while or I remove the battery and reinsert it again.
I have another slim PSP with motherboard v1 which has o problems watsoever, so Im thinking there might be a problem with the 5.00 M33-4 working on v2 slim psp.

Simulacrum

Hmmmmmmm. Now Im stumped, went back and downgraded to 3.9 m33-2 and my PSP slim red with v2 motherboard is acting up still. Must be somekinda of problem with the unit itself. Shuts down on nin emulator and UltimatePSPtube. When it shuts down, I cant get it back on with out the above mention techiniques.

This is a different problem now i believe. If anyone thinks they can help pls post.

At the moment deleted the snes emulator and the ultimatepsptube 1.7

Time to see wat happens, as those wer the only new things installed to the system.

Iceachilles

Hmmmmmmm. Now Im stumped, went back and downgraded to 3.9 m33-2 and my PSP slim red with v2 motherboard is acting up still. Must be somekinda of problem with the unit itself. Shuts down on nin emulator and UltimatePSPtube. When it shuts down, I cant get it back on with out the above mention techiniques.

This is a different problem now i believe. If anyone thinks they can help pls post.

At the moment deleted the snes emulator and the ultimatepsptube 1.7

Time to see wat happens, as those wer the only new things installed to the system.

Hi Simulacrum,
I am also having a red psp-2006 running on 3.90M33 with v2 motherboard. Did the upgrade and it stopped at 92% with that error. If you have a pandora batt and a magic stick, just flash it to 5.00 m33-4. That is how I resloved my problem. Hope this helps. Cheers

BorgmanJayce

I promised a friend who has a Phat PSP [1000 Series] that I'd install the latest M33 CFW for them but it turns out that a mutual friend of ours had upgraded the official firmware on this guy's PSP to 5.03 and I don't know what I need to do to change the firmware to 5.00 M33.

If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know...

january39

eXo Staff