• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.00 M33-6 Easy Installation Guide

Wile_E_Coyote

I'm trying this for the first time. My PSP fat is running with Sony firmware 3.80.
I've tried a few different guides and tutorials for putting on custom firmware, but no luck. When I attempt to run the installer from the memory stick, it starts as if a game is about to begin and it tells me: "The game could not be started. ( 80020148 )"

What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it?
Thanks.

january39

eXo Staff
I'm trying this for the first time. My PSP fat is running with Sony firmware 3.80.
I've tried a few different guides and tutorials for putting on custom firmware, but no luck. When I attempt to run the installer from the memory stick, it starts as if a game is about to begin and it tells me: "The game could not be started. ( 80020148 )"

What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it?
Thanks.

You need a pandora battery as well, in order to load the 5.00m33 installer.

That error code means 'Un-supported PRX type' which means to you, that the psp is still on OFW thus it does not recognise the program.

J

jx233

cjmc said:
i have the 5.00 M33-4 ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DOWNLOAD AND UPDATE????

Yes, but if you have fatms371 installed, you must remove it before updating to 5.00 M33-6.

If you don't use fatms371, then you can just update. :smile:

babysister

when i went to do update from 4.01 m33-2 and i tried 2 different downloads and both said incorrect file. i have a phat 100 series modded.

ralph_rss

plz help any one who knows about this stuff how can i upgrade to this firmware from 3.71 m33-2 please tell me in a little details what to do because i dont know how to do it

PrettyShyGirl

hi guys, i have a 3.52 M33-4, and i tried upgrading to 5.00 M33-6 but when it reboots and unpacks, its ok, once it verifies the package, then it gives me a error, something like 000000x00 blah blah blah. then it reboots the PSP (1000). any help?

angelsniper45

You need to install 3.71 m33, then 3.90, then 4.01 and finally 5.00m33. Im sorry, but thats just the way it is :D

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
You might have corrupted your IDstorage...
or try updating to another revision of M33, such as 3.71 M33....

if still nothing works, using a pandora and magic memory stick, try and flash 5.00 M33-4
or an alternative option would be to try and use Hellcats Recovery Flasher...

if none of the above solutions work, you have a bad idstorage and the only way you can fix that is by restoring a previous NAND or IDstorage dump or by selecting the 'regenerate IDsorage' option in DCs NAND tools...

PrettyShyGirl

I tried 3.71 M33 and it still gives me the same error "checking idstroage degeneration". The psp was given to me by my ex, but we dont talk no more as he went overseas.

cant i somehow edit the idstorage? i wanna play patapon 2! T.T

Acerthief

I tried 3.71 M33 and it still gives me the same error "checking idstroage degeneration". The psp was given to me by my ex, but we dont talk no more as he went overseas.

cant i somehow edit the idstorage? i wanna play patapon 2! T.T

and what firmware are you currently on?
You have to be at least on 3.52M33-3 first before installing any later custom firmwares.

Also let Key Cleaner (1.4) give your system a quick swipe.
Format your Stick and try again. Remeber to back up.

PrettyShyGirl

thanks alot acerthief, my current firmware is 3.52 m33-4, and it was upgraded from 1.5. when i try to install the 5.00 m33-6 (numbers are driving me crazy!).

how do i use key cleaner?

Acerthief

thanks alot acerthief, my current firmware is 3.52 m33-4, and it was upgraded from 1.5. when i try to install the 5.00 m33-6 (numbers are driving me crazy!).

how do i use key cleaner?

Try this first.
Turn off your PSP completely, Press R and hold while you turn it on again. You'll be in the Recovery Mode, Go to Configuration, and then you'll see a setting called "Setting GAME Folder kernel" (or something like that) and set it to 3.52, NOT 1.5.

This should fix your problem.

J

jx233

PrettyShyGirl said:
"game folder homebrew (currently: 3.52 Kernel)" is that it? its set but i still have the same problem T.T

Like mortalinstincts said, try using Hellcat's Recovery Flasher v1.50. It installs 5.00 M33-4. From 5.00 M33-4, you can install 5.00 M33-6 very easily.