• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.00 M33-6 Easy Installation Guide

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
Note:
You must have version 3.52 M33-3 or higher to perform this update.

Installing 5.00 M33-6

First download the cfw files from here:
Mirror1: http://downloads.exophase.com/109/psp-custom-firmware-500-m336/

Note: users with 5.00 M33 or higher (5.00 M33-2, 5.00 M33-3, etc...), can skip step 2.
1. Copy the UPDATE folder into X:/PSP/GAME
2. Copy the 500.PBP file into the same folder (UPDATE)
3. Execute the update from the XMB menu.
4. Start the update, it looks just like the original Sony update, but it's cfw.
5. After the update finishes, press X and reboot.
6. That's it! you've now got version 5.00 M33-6.

bakemono1526

PSP Addict!
Very smooth Guide.

Pranzer

Wow finally a guide for 5.00 m33-3 guide is out!

Thanks Combina!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Can some please tell me what updates i need to put on to my PSP it's on original FW 2.81 to get to this lasted one?

cheers!

Firmware 2.81 cannot run homebrew code so this guide won't work for you (yet). Do you have a Lumines or Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories UMD disc? If not, Pandora is your only option.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Torrentinho

Thank you very much,CoMbiNa.I upgraded my PSP from 3.52 M33-4 to 5.00 M33-3.Can I delete the UPDATE folder now or should I leave it there?Thanks once again.

Seye

Yes u can delete the update because its no more useful and it will only occupy space on ur memory card.:smile:

ThorAxe

So correct me if im wrong but there should be 2 files in the update folder? one that says Eboot.pbp and another that says 500.pbp

Argal

can I use this update if I have 3.71 m33-4? thanks I am afraid to brick my psp since this would be my first time to upgrade

CoMbiNa

Wannabe Developer
can I use this update if I have 3.71 m33-4? thanks I am afraid to brick my psp since this would be my first time to upgrade
Yes you absolutely can.
And the only way you can get a brick from this update is if you accidentally turn off your PSP.
(To prevent this, simply don't turn off your PSP during the update:D)

anwar ss5

Ok im new this stuff but i did my research and all i need is one question. I have 5.02 OFW so what custom firmware should i get first from 5.02 OFW to avenutually get 5.00 M33-3 CFW?

~Thank You Dark Alex And Supporters