• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.00 M33-6 Easy Installation Guide

hussein7

I have CFW 5.00 M33 altho my OFW is 5.03. Will this update work for me? if not are there any other later CFWs for the latest OFWs. Some of the new games I downloaded don't work.

Alex

if your running ofw 5.03 it is possible for you to run cfw, it depends on your psp motherboard.
is your psp phat, slim or slim and lite (3000)

mmja2k4

my PSP-2000 which was originally running CFW 5.00m33-6 was upgraded to OFW 5.50 when i accidentally stumbled upon the "search for upgrade" option in the PSP menu. people have told me that PSP's with OFW 5.50 cant be downgraded? is that true? but a friend told me that only ones which came with OFW 5.50 straight from the box can't be downgraded. so that would mean my PSP could be downgraded, is that right? if so, would a pandora be able to help me? TNX

january39

eXo Staff
If it was running CFW then it can easily be d/g again, you will need a pandora battery though and MMS.

Whoever told you that was wrong. Whether it can be d/g is down to Mobo rather than FW.

mmja2k4

If it was running CFW then it can easily be d/g again, you will need a pandora battery though and MMS.

Whoever told you that was wrong. Whether it can be d/g is down to Mobo rather than FW.

Thank you for clarifying my concern. i originally was going to try the pandora trick but somebody told me not to try it as it might brick my psp. but thanks for the heads up, now i can go with how i originally planned it :D

lloydtidus_25

i just followed the instruction carefully i did it i upgraded it from 3.52 m33-4 to 5.00 m33-6, after the installation completed i got a BSOD everytime i upgrade my PSP-1OOO i always get a BSOD it is successfull, (but like before my PSP turned off automatically and when i try to switch it on it will automatically turning off) the BSOD bother me that the software problem would return after i upgraded it tnx what it is? can you pls help me? the BSOD bother me a lot. but anyway thanks again

msdrocks

help me....i hv tried it a hundred times ..it wnt work
i put the update folder into the GAME folder... when i turn on the psp an' try to update it displays..
:THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED [FFFFFFFF].....wtf now wat should i do...cmon help ...plz

PS:i m running on cfw 5.00m33

Alex

help me....i hv tried it a hundred times ..it wnt work
i put the update folder into the GAME folder... when i turn on the psp an' try to update it displays..
:THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED [FFFFFFFF].....wtf now wat should i do...cmon help ...plz

PS:i m running on cfw 5.00m33

Go to the recovery menu, goto configuration and make sure the network updater is set to m33, then exit it all and when the xmb starts goto network update and run it.

also whilst in the xmb, press select and see if the umd iso mode is on m33 if it isnt, set it to m33 and run the update again.

MetFanatic4Life

I just upgraded to 5.00 M33-6, and i have Final Fantasy: Dissidia and Dantes Inferno on it and both of them get the same result "the game could not be started" (80020148), i went into recovery mode and had umd to read M33 driver, is there something that im missing? Thanks in advance.

msdrocks

the problem is i use chickhen and custom firmware enabler..therefore i cnt go to the recovery menu..

what i have observed is after switching off the psp the cfw vanishes..then i hv to load chicken den cfwenabler..
if i only load chicken the 5.00m33-6 thing runs but asks for 500.pbp..BUT IM ALREADY RUMMING ON 5.00M33.wat d hell. plz help

and im on m33 driver

momoshen

Note:
You must have version 3.52 M33-3 or higher to perform this update.

Installing 5.00 M33-6

First download the cfw files from here:
Mirror1: http://downloads.exophase.com/109/psp-custom-firmware-500-m336/

Note: users with 5.00 M33 or higher (5.00 M33-2, 5.00 M33-3, etc...), can skip step 2.
1. Copy the UPDATE folder into X:/PSP/GAME
2. Copy the 500.PBP file into the same folder (UPDATE)
3. Execute the update from the XMB menu.
4. Start the update, it looks just like the original Sony update, but it's cfw.
5. After the update finishes, press X and reboot.
6. That's it! you've now got version 5.00 M33-6.

CoMbina, i had download the cfw film n copy both of them to X:pSP/GAME..
but i don't know how to execute te update from XMB..
actually what is XMB???
could u plis explain to me more detail..
i'm new in psp updating..
thanks a lot for ur help..

Alex

CoMbina, i had download the cfw film n copy both of them to X:pSP/GAME..
but i don't know how to execute te update from XMB..
actually what is XMB???
could u plis explain to me more detail..
i'm new in psp updating..
thanks a lot for ur help..

when you turn on the psp, your taken to the xmb, its where game,pictures and everything else is.

to get to the update, go to game, scroll down to memory stick and click x or o depending your region and it will be in there.

dssence

Hi alex , I've got CFW 3.71 m33-4 installed on my psp2001 slim , is it worth upgrading to this cfw I haven't done much research, but I lately downloaded a game dantes inferno which give me the following error "The game could not be started (80020148)" I already tried different driver options m33 m33driver,sony np9660, normal . Am I safe if I upgrade to 5.00 M33-6 ? I got a pandora battery , can I downgrade if something goes wrong?. thanks so much for your help! :smile:

Alex

Hi alex , I've got CFW 3.71 m33-4 installed on my psp2001 slim , is it worth upgrading to this cfw I haven't done much research, but I lately downloaded a game dantes inferno which give me the following error "The game could not be started (80020148)" I already tried different driver options m33 m33driver,sony np9660, normal . Am I safe if I upgrade to 5.00 M33-6 ? I got a pandora battery , can I downgrade if something goes wrong?. thanks so much for your help! :smile:

Hey, sorry for the late reply, i dont check this thread often. To answer your question, its perfectly safe to upgrade to 5.00m33-6 :)
And IF something does go wrong, how ever rare it is, you have a pandora battery to restore your psp back :)

El Diablo

So I'm on 3.40 OE-A, if I wanted to upgrade to this m33, can I go right to it, or do I need to go to other FWs in between?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So I'm on 3.40 OE-A, if I wanted to upgrade to this m33, can I go right to it, or do I need to go to other FWs in between?

There's a prerequisite of having at least 3.52 M33-3 installed for this one. The quickest route to take is installing 3.52 M33, apply the 3.52 M33-4 update, then install 5.00 M33-6.