• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

5.55 Games Decryption

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
He has been silent for ages and does some stuff again.
He's been doing that during the Xbox (Original) scene too. He made a few debug bios, releases them, then drops for months, comes back, made like 2 or 3 homebrew for the Xbox, then goes off again, comes back once more to tell every one in the scene that he's moving on to the PSP.

Hellcat

Contributor
OMFG :eek: The devil stole souls from god....

Hey, boys, you know my second fav thing, right?
Hint: it deals with threads like this that are not open anymore :p

Now, cut the "a stole from b, but c stole from f" crap, OK?
It's not helping anybody on anything.

Thaaank youuu ;)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Thaaank youuu ;)

True... Losing our time with pointless bickering and the blame game is pointless...

Let's just be glad some people will actually use this app for legit purposes.

HacKmaN

#include
Can I use demos, too, like the mgs peace walker demo?
Or does this only work with full games?

I don't think this is piracy, some peaple like me plays own backuped games, and out of this I have two broken UMDs, if I did't have backups, I would't be able to run them anymore.

Sorry for my bad English:)

afteralter

S for Surreal
Can I use demos, too, like the mgs peace walker demo?
Or does this only work with full games?

I don't think this is piracy, some peaple like me plays own backuped games, and out of this I have two broken UMDs, if I didn't have backups, I would't be able to run them anymore.

Sorry for my bad English:)

Lol. I wish I knew how to make back-ups before my Ratchet and Clank : Size Matter UMD broke >_> stupid little cousins. NOW I HAVE HIS SLIM!! *evil laugh*

Jhazky

So,the games will only run on 5.03/5.50 gen? No cfwe? And i was just going to preorder AC. Still hope it works on cfwe though.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't run on cfwe.. cfwe code is *cough* stolen *cough* from 5.03 gen-a so I guess they are almost the same.. It should work..

eldiablov

Contributor

Thaaank youuu ;)

That was very professional of you, grats.

Colm

Yoshi has a mixed past. Yes, he's had PS1P and the WAB downgrader issue to his name, but he's still one of the most important PSP developers.
And I also don't see why everyone is drawing the lines between this and piracy o_O. I mean, I'm on a M33 firmware and I want to play Peace Walker when it comes out, is that a crime now?
Now, DOES THIS WORK WITH THE PEACE WALKER DEMO? A few people have asked and we haven't heard yet...

afteralter

S for Surreal
Yoshi has a mixed past. Yes, he's had PS1P and the WAB downgrader issue to his name, but he's still one of the most important PSP developers.
And I also don't see why everyone is drawing the lines between this and piracy o_O. I mean, I'm on a M33 firmware and I want to play Peace Walker when it comes out, is that a crime now?
Now, DOES THIS WORK WITH THE PEACE WALKER DEMO? A few people have asked and we haven't heard yet...

I dunno, haven't tried :p
BUT! I've tried the pace walker via PSN, it seems good! better if I'll be playing the game itself ofc :)
worth buying :D

HacKmaN

#include
I searched via google, could anyone upload psp2iso here, dl.qj.net downloads don' t work on the psp. Maybe converting the EBOOT to an iso, unpacking it and patching it would work. (We can't patch an PBP file;))

twelve

I'm not dead
Why would you need to patch the demo? It works fine on 5.50GEN-B2

Just change your version.txt (in flash0:\vsh\etc\) to this and activate it in the Recovery menu.
[fieldset=version.txt]release:5.55:
build:3230,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
system:52556@release_555,0

HacKmaN

#include
I have a psp 3000, so I can't instal 5.50GEN-B2.
You changed everything to releace_555.
Can I do this without any risk on my 3k?
I changed only the first line.

twelve

I'm not dead
I have no idea. I have a 2k.

If whatever firmware you're running has the option to use a version.txt then give it a try.

HacKmaN

#include
Sorry for my bad post, what I wanted to ask, is this: Can I change all things in the version text to something like releace_555 without any chance of bricking my 3k, or can I only change the first line? I ask because the pre-ipl.

HurricaneGautam

So ive seen people saying this works with Gen-A but i have yet to get any 5.55 game to work with Gen-A. Has anyone had any luck with a psp 3000? Whenever i try to boot 5.55 games it either goes to black screen and i have to hard reboot or i get an error.

lilspanyol

So ive seen people saying this works with Gen-A but i have yet to get any 5.55 game to work with Gen-A. Has anyone had any luck with a psp 3000? Whenever i try to boot 5.55 games it either goes to black screen and i have to hard reboot or i get an error.

Wich games? and set UMD mode to m33 driver