• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Achievement Hunting on Google Play is kinda miserable nowadays

K

Krixzenz

Is it just me or it seems almost a little discouraging?

I don't say this to sound negative, because frankly there's still some great fun games to play on the Play store that you can earn achievements on and have fun with. But what I feel is whenever I see so many old classics either being removed from the stores entirely or somehow having broken achievements. It's annoying finding a really fun looking game which on Exophase counts achievements, but then going in game and realising it just does not track a single thing and your time is wasted.

Pixel Gun 3D achievements are broken, Angry Birds Classic is unlisted. Most of Gameloft's good games are unlisted and gone too, and many other examples.

I hold onto the classics that we do still have. Can anyone here recommend some decent older games that still have functioning achievements?

drmunkee

As someone who liked to mess around with Google Play achievements at work during downtime - I agree. A lot of games that say they have achievements just don't work.

If you want classic mobile, last time I check Jetpack Joyride and Fruit Ninja had functioning achievements. If you want just classic video games, I recommend one of the original Sonic ports, Castlevania SOTN, or Pacman.

If you are ever looking to see if I game has active achievements, I'll go to the game page on this website and I'll click on the most common achievements. If someone has earned the achievement within the past year or so, it is typically a good sign those are active. The website NerdBurglars also has a fairly decent list, and has helped verify the small amount of Google games I play. Although none of these solutions seem perfect.

SilentJay76

Can anyone here recommend some decent older games that still have functioning achievements?
I've played some pretty good stuff since getting back into mobile gaming last year, especially since signing up for Play Pass. (No more p2w, no ads, no shovelware.) Feel free to browse my games list, if you want. I think most of them are a bit older. https://www.exophase.com/android/user/SilentJay76/

Favourites were definitely Space Marshals and Leo's Fortune. (Played those with a controller, though.) Just started SM2 yesterday.

Pureya, Chameleon Run and I Love Hue are the only ones I can't recommend - but it's all subjective.

Boutch

Lost4726

Jetpack Joyride , Pvz 2 , Age of Zombies , Stick War:Legacy , Sin humanidad , Banana Kong , Rodeo Stampede , Dan el hombre , Reckless Getaway 2 , High Risers .
Para mí, fruit Ninja ya no funciona.
Y Bloons TD 6 es un gran juego con muchos logros, pero hay uno que no se puede obtener y hubo un error, por lo que debo asegurarme de que estoy conectado haciendo clic en el ícono gplay antes de obtener un logro.
Si, esos son buenos juegos, pero se te olvida mencionar que con dan the man hay un logro que es imposible hacer solo, con jetpack joyride existe el logro que te pide jugar 50 dias seguidos el cual es genial para tener en la lista.

Por cierto,estuve viendo y veo que te falta el logro de dan the man con barry, puedo ayudarte si lo deseas con el logro ya que suelo ayudar a las comunidades de dan the man como soporte para obtenerlo.

Lost4726

Los juegos que recomiendo suelen tener logros difíciles pero con mucho puntaje, por ejemplo color switch, among us, the walking zombies 2, shadow fight 2, Nobodies 1 y 2, candies and curses, dan the Man, jetpack joyride, Shaterred Pixel dungeon , etc. Yo creo que si buscas un reto y a la vez divertirte estos son perfectos para ti, aunque si buscas otros también están sonic forces y sonic dash, solar smash, stranger things 1 y 3, god of light y Yugioh.

Boutch

Si, esos son buenos juegos, pero se te olvida mencionar que con dan the man hay un logro que es imposible hacer solo, con jetpack joyride existe el logro que te pide jugar 50 dias seguidos el cual es genial para tener en la lista.

Por cierto,estuve viendo y veo que te falta el logro de dan the man con barry, puedo ayudarte si lo deseas con el logro ya que suelo ayudar a las comunidades de dan the man como soporte para obtenerlo.
It would be a great help if you could help me with the Barries achievement and thank you for completing my suggestion.

Ogle96

I'm having trouble getting any to pop on Evoland, but I think it's less that the achievements are bugged and moreso that it doesn't seem to want to link to Google Play. The Play Games app recognises that i'm playing it and can tell the last time I booted it up, but there's no option to log into Play Games within the game & I have auto sign-in turned on.

I love achievement hunting on my Xbox, PC, Playstation etc, I want to enjoy it on the go too, but it seems so poorly implemented in both Play Games & Game Center for Apple, and that's if it even gets implemented at all, many games just don't have them. Such a half baked system :(

SilentJay76

I'm having trouble getting any to pop on Evoland, but I think it's less that the achievements are bugged and moreso that it doesn't seem to want to link to Google Play. The Play Games app recognises that i'm playing it and can tell the last time I booted it up, but there's no option to log into Play Games within the game & I have auto sign-in turned on.

I love achievement hunting on my Xbox, PC, Playstation etc, I want to enjoy it on the go too, but it seems so poorly implemented in both Play Games & Game Center for Apple, and that's if it even gets implemented at all, many games just don't have them. Such a half baked system :(
Try starting Google Play Games before starting the game. But yeah, it's weird sometimes. Had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. Solution was... to delete the game and play something else. ;)

Most games you can trigger the login by opening the settings, linking the game, or opening the in-game achievement page or similar. Other times nothing seems to work.

When I look at a game in the Play Store, the first thing I do is check the info page to see if it has achievements. No achievements, not interested. Too much other stuff to play. I just like having that record of the games I've played...

Last edited:

Ogle96

Try starting Google Play Games before starting the game. But yeah, it's weird sometimes. Had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. Solution was... to delete the game and play something else. ;)

Most games you can trigger the login by opening the settings, linking the game, or opening the in-game achievement page or similar. Other times nothing seems to work.

When I look at a game in the Play Store, the first thing I do is check the info page to see if it has achievements. No achievements, not interested. Too much other stuff to play. I just like having that record of the games I've played...

I've tried that as well, no luck, and the game doesn't have an in-game achievement page so Evoland's a no go for me which is a shame because the game looks really interesting. I believe it has an Xbox version so i'll probably pick that up sometime, can grab the achievements that way :)

I'm the same, I don't like that I think that way because i'm probably missing out on some quality titles but I like to have the record to look back on and show off with!

hello8963

The thing I find most discouraging about google play games is how many of them are taking down by developers. Also do not get me started on how many apk sites I have to go to to find some of these google play games to play. Then as you metioned half the google play achivments are broken when I am trying to play said game.