• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Assassin's Creed 2

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
This game is stupendous.

This game towers over the first in every way. It just squats down and takes a shit on the original's chest. I'll even go as far as to say detractors of the original might even be pleasantly surprised.

Is this another tale of an assassin who seemingly does the same thing over and over again, can't counter a punch or swim? Nope, the cycle of repetition is gone, the dying when you hit the water (because assassins learn intricate ways to kill people but never lean how to swim) is gone, as well as many other annoying quirks from the first.

Is this another $60 for 3 hours type of game? Pish tosh motherfucker!!! This game is longer then john Holmes. Now the amount of time people spend playing games varies per person, but it took me 5 days to beat this bitch.

This is what assassin's creed should have been.

Adiuvo

5 days, and you can swim?

I'm sold.

Is there any fighting outside of the Animus?

twelve

I'm not dead
I absolutely loved the way the first game played but the repetition killed it. Running around the town was awesome.

Are the collectibles to find again? Like the viewpoints and the Templars to kill? I know lots of people hate collectibles but I actually quite like them (until it gets to the point where there's one left and I have looked everywhere) they add a certain amount of replay value for me.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I absolutely loved the way the first game played but the repetition killed it. Running around the town was awesome.

Are the collectibles to find again? Like the viewpoints and the Templars to kill? I know lots of people hate collectibles but I actually quite like them (until it gets to the point where there's one left and I have looked everywhere) they add a certain amount of replay value for me.

Sadly there are no Templars this time around, I also enjoyed that.

but there are viewpoints and puzzles to find, feathers to collect, and a town to renovate.
There are also 30 codex pages that you need to find in order to complete the game.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I only just started playing, but I like the controls of the first game better. I liked the whole counter attack thing with Altair, but with Ezio I feel like a wimp. I hate that Free Run and Sprint use the same button since Ezio jumps at the littlest ledges, and its also annoying that grasp and drop are also the same button.

Overall I'm mostly enjoying the game (expect when I'm near the top of a building holding on to a ledge and pressing A to jump up, but instead he decides to jump off and fall to his death)

I also remember an interview where they said you can buy any weapon right from the start, but so far none of the shops have any stock. I just met Mario now, so maybe I'm not far enough?

Roe

Not out over here till friday :O Will be picking it up then. Can't wait :D

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah this game is so much better than the first.
I am loving it, and I was one of those people that didn't enjoy the first one.

El Diablo

Probably going to pick this up around christmas because of how much better it sounds than the first. I absolutely loved the first one despite thinking I would hate the combat at first, now I regret selling the game because I wish I could do some free running and assassinating again.

I'm so glad there's finally some console games coming out that interest me so my ps3 stops collecting dust.

Does the story line of this game continue with that of the first? I really liked the first story and the ending left me hanging so it'd be a bummer if they didn't actually continue it from the end of the first but I still plan on getting it either way.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Does the story line of this game continue with that of the first? I really liked the first story and the ending left me hanging so it'd be a bummer if they didn't actually continue it from the end of the first but I still plan on getting it either way.

Yes it continues.
The first mission[BLACKOUT] you escape from that room, and actually leave the Abstergo building with Lucy, and you still have your eagle vision as Desmond.[/BLACKOUT]

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I only just started playing, but I like the controls of the first game better. I liked the whole counter attack thing with Altair, but with Ezio I feel like a wimp. I hate that Free Run and Sprint use the same button since Ezio jumps at the littlest ledges, and its also annoying that grasp and drop are also the same button.

Overall I'm mostly enjoying the game (expect when I'm near the top of a building holding on to a ledge and pressing A to jump up, but instead he decides to jump off and fall to his death)

I also remember an interview where they said you can buy any weapon right from the start, but so far none of the shops have any stock. I just met Mario now, so maybe I'm not far enough?

I have to agree. Ezio can't counter as well.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I picked it up the limited edition yesterday. I haven't been able to play it yet because the teachers decided to load us down with homework. Oh well, I'll find time this weekend. The 8-inch Ezio figurine is a lot more detailed then I expected.