• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Assassin's Creed 2

TeamOverload

It's been given away to Sousantor. That being said, I'm not 100% positive the code will work for Canadians, so if it doesn't then next in line would get it. I'll let you all know.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Code has been confirmed working sorry all.

mysenritsu

I've finally been able to play it and I'm stuck. lol. It's the simple missions I have trouble with for some reason. I can't figure out where the hell I'm supposed to go when Ezio is supposed to follow his brother off the top of the church right after the race. I swear I've spent like an hour trying to figure it out. :s

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Hit select and look for the "!" point or a yellow/green crosshair. That should tell you where you need to go. It also shows it on your mini map.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
anyone else amazed at the new level of stupid in the pc versions drm?

EvilSeph

Administrator
/me puts his hand up.

I think it's just given me a reason not to buy it.

I just read it, and laughed. They can't be serious. It's a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. And most people don't even have 24/7 reliable internet access, ie people who play:

- On WiFi
- On a laptop
- People with terrible internet connections.

El Diablo

Is this about what Ubisoft is doing with all of their games now? Fucking stupid.

Also, does anyone know if the DLC worth getting?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I just read it, and laughed. They can't be serious. It's a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. And most people don't even have 24/7 reliable internet access, ie people who play:

- On WiFi
- On a laptop
- People with terrible internet connections.

Really bad outcome, I have wifi that drops time to time.
I waited for pc version expecting it to be better. =(

Also tons my irl/steam friends are not buying it.
Seems like Ubisoft and IW (CoD: mw2) is worst company for pc gaming now.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Is this about what Ubisoft is doing with all of their games now? Fucking stupid.

Also, does anyone know if the DLC worth getting?

My friend managed to beat the first DLC in about half an hour. Not sure about the second one.

I'm sure a crack to bypass this will arise, but it's dispicable that customers have to resort to shady means simply to play the game in the freedoms they deserve.

Although, the counter argument is that this isn't intended to prevent piracy, but moreso to please investors. Still not acceptable. Console players simply have to put in a disc. Why is the PC being hit with the DRM stick?

DRM should go both ways. If customers lose a freedom, they should gain another. For example, Steam, prohibits second hand sale and internet activation, while it offers you a unified patching system, unlimited downloads and a play-anywhere freedom.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
So Ubisoft's server went down today. People are bitching. The crack is coming out today or tomorrow.

For once, the pirates are the real heroes.

ilyace

Finally finished this game, I have to say the ending took me by surprise. I started getting bored throughout the end of the game, but the end sprung it back to life. I'm really looking forward to a 3rd Assassin's Creed now.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I just started playing this game about two weeks ago and have been taking little bites out of it ever since. I absolutely hated the first AC but have fallen in love with AC2 and it's definitely now on my list of games I would recommend. I just wish they made a better PC port, seems to be horribly coded (I can't get a steady framerate with good settings even though my GPU should be sufficent for full settings).

I've been using the server emulator to bypass the DRM since I do not own the game but am glad to hear that a SKiDROW crack is, more or less, a standard crack for the game. However this is definitely a game that I would purchase in a heart beat if my situation allowed for it (getting a smartphone since my contract is up now, this time I plan on keeping the phone).