• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Assassin's Creed 2

Seth

MD Party Room
I have the first one sitting on myself for a while never had the time to play it, maybe I pick it up if I see it on sale or something.

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
should i buy the first ac then play ac2 or i can directly buy Ac 2 will i miss the storyline or any thing

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I can't be too sure, but it seems that the first one's storyline is concluded in AC2.

Robby

Los Doyers!
should i buy the first ac then play ac2 or i can directly buy Ac 2 will i miss the storyline or any thing
I would just get the second.
The story isn't too dependent on the first as you play as a different assassin. There may be some parts that might need explaining to you though.

Joey

It's weird, I've only played for about an hour, but I'm not liking it as much as the first.

I really don't like the voice work. I'm gonna change it to italian voice, with english subtitles next time I start it up. I mean, it's really bothering me.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I plan on picking this up at some point this week even though I hated the first. DigitalFoundry gave the 360 version the nod, so I'll pick it up for that.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I've just been running around in circles for a few days, waiting to get cash in the bank. I've now renovated everything and get over 10k every 20 minutes, so now I'm ready to actually play the game again. Yay for being super rich now

TeamOverload

Picked this up since the 360 version is on sale for $40 at Best Buy this week. Didn't really enjoy the first one, but only played bits and pieces. Second one seems like it's going to be a much better game than the first one from the little bit I've had the chance to play so far.

twelve

I'm not dead
I got the platinum trophy last week, and then carried on playing to 100%. It'll gather dust now as there's literally nothing left to do.
The story follows on directly from exactly where the first one ended, and there's no recap of the first one either.

Having said that the bulk of the story is within the animus playing as the assassin, Ezio. This part of the story is completely separate and doesn't require any knowledge of the first game to understand.
KezraPlanes said:
I can't be too sure, but it seems that the first one's storyline is concluded in AC2.
The story outside of the animus isn't concluded. In fact it's left a lot of questions unanswered. It didn't end on as big a cliff hanger as the first one though.
Desmond now has all of the assassin's abilities outside of the animus. AC3 could be set in the current time period and conclude the story properly.
Joey said:
I really don't like the voice work. I'm gonna change it to italian voice, with english subtitles next time I start it up. I mean, it's really bothering me.
721836648_AeP4n-L.jpg

I got this for christmas, and am loving it. I was a fan of the original, but this improves on it in pretty much every possible way. Not to mention, it doesen't feel like a sequel, but moreso its own game which is so refreshing.

El Diablo

I got this for christmas and I couldn't put it down for the past 3 days, it was fucking amazing.

The cliff hanger at the end has me dying for the third one to finish the story. I just really hope that the third one isn't entirely in the current time period because one of the things I loved about the games was being back in history and stuff. I think of the game to be like the Davinci Code of video games, and I don't want it to just turn into some type of splinter cell type game with guns and current weapons and stuff. I can't wait for the DLC and hope it's worth it.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
might pick this up tomorrow. Uncharted 1&2, AC2, Dragon Age, and preorders for Demon Souls and GoW3 are on the list. not gonna get all of them. Which ones would you guys suggest?

Seth

MD Party Room
If it ps3 just send me a pm pls

Robby

Los Doyers!
Ohh can I have it? Picking up the game this weekend.