• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Basilisk II for the PSP

D

Deleted member 6568

i need the rom fileeeeeeeeeeeeeeee someone help me

drmalvadeza

Hey Chilly, its me again... Now i have a new problem, actually 2.

First, I managed to read from MS0 inside the emulator, so I can copy whatever I want from there and paste it to the emulated hard drive. However I always get an error when trying to write anything to the MS0 while inside the emulator.

Also, I was trying to get a HTML or text editor to work on it, but I'm having some serious problens trying to decompress their installers, which I'm getting from my PC. I've read that there is some kind of incompatibility between Mac's and PC's archives. Tried some tutorials but no results till now. Would u have any clues about it?

Thanks in advance : )

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hey Chilly, its me again... Now i have a new problem, actually 2.

First, I managed to read from MS0 inside the emulator, so I can copy whatever I want from there and paste it to the emulated hard drive. However I always get an error when trying to write anything to the MS0 while inside the emulator.

As mentioned before several times, that's a bug in the emulator, not the port. It does that on many platforms, not just the PSP. I may or may not look into that more later.

Also, I was trying to get a HTML or text editor to work on it, but I'm having some serious problens trying to decompress their installers, which I'm getting from my PC. I've read that there is some kind of incompatibility between Mac's and PC's archives. Tried some tutorials but no results till now. Would u have any clues about it?

Thanks in advance : )

Make sure you set the StuffIt Expander preferences to expand to the hardfile, not the source. It might be easier to copy the file to the hardfile before expanding it. B2 isn't terribly stable on things like decompression. I've found that it's best not to try to expand more than one thing without quitting and restarting.

As far as the format goes, when on a PC, it should be handled like a binary file. You should probably read more from a Basilisk forum on that for more details. That's nothing specific to the PC... people have been struggling with that weird Apple file format since the Macs came out.

watchsmart

Really neat to see Basilisk II on a PSP.

For what it's worth I wrote a guide to setting up a MacOS 7.5.5 disk image on my site. Setting up this way might be an easier way to include Quicktime, which I guess that the starter image doesn't include. Using the install disks in the guide gives you access to a ton of control panels and extensions that aren't in the starter image.

henshinzhu

hello,
Firstly, i want to thank and congratulate those who made this possible.his is indeed something i must have on my psp.This said, i got only 1 minor problem i wanted to fix and i though, well, perhaps, someone here might know since i got it here in the first place.
Well here it is, : when i press the buttons square circle triangle and the arrows when i play a game like , : prince of persia i keep hearing some kind of system noise or something.
I dunno how to describe them but they are weird little silly sounds i suppose.This said, i wanted to know if it was possible to disable those sounds that occurs each time i press one of them buttons that i mentioned earlier.
Thank you so much to whoever is in the possibility to answer to my post.
Cordially,
Micheal