• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Robby

Los Doyers!
I never been so excited for a Batman game.

user friendly

Will eventually buy. Combat was good enough and story looks pretty entertaining.

Also, Mark Hamill is great as the joker.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Just tried the demo, and as expected I'll be getting this game. Now the only tough decision left, do I wait for the batarang special edition to go on clearance like they always do, or do I drop the $100 now to guarantee I get a batarang?

Zx30

Beto
Just tried the demo, and as expected I'll be getting this game. Now the only tough decision left, do I wait for the batarang special edition to go on clearance like they always do, or do I drop the $100 now to guarantee I get a batarang?

Guarantee of course. If you fail to get it, then you'll have to pay extra for them on Ebay or some shit.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Well I have been successful in picking up GTA:SE for $40, Fallout 3 CE for $30, Halo 3 LE for $35 all brand new in the past. I just have to wait 6-12 months

Zx30

Beto
Just finished playing the demo. The story is great so far. I wanted to see what happened next but of course it cuts off at an epic moment.

The fighting was a bit meh. The slowmo effects made it a tiny bit enjoyable.
Sneaking felt overpowering at times. But then I get shot at from one guy and my health plummets to zero so I guess it kind of evens out.

I just want to play it now because of the story. It seems really interesting. Characters are nicely acted as well.
First hero video game I've actually wanted to play in a long time..probably ever...

xploren

Contributor
The demo was very nice. It looked beautiful, and the story was great. The fighting was a bit bland, but it was still fun. The sneaking mechanic in which you swing from gargoyle to gargoyle was pretty cool, too. Definitely getting this.

LocutusEstBorg

This game rocks on PC. I love the fact that its too complicated for imbeciles who don't take the effort to appreciate the game and learn to play it (Just like God of War; They can't make it past the first level).

Its got some insane requirements though. To be maxed out it needs a GTX260 and a DEDICATED 9800GTX+ for PhysX!!!! It ran smoothly on my comp with everything maxed out 4xAA but PhysX on Normal instead of High.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
This game rocks on PC. I love the fact that its too complicated for imbeciles who don't take the effort to appreciate the game and learn to play it (Just like God of War; They can't make it past the first level).

Its got some insane requirements though. To be maxed out it needs a GTX260 and a DEDICATED 9800GTX+ for PhysX!!!! It ran smoothly on my comp with everything maxed out 4xAA but PhysX on Normal instead of High.

Oh wow, a dedicated PhysX card :eek: I'm going to download the demo on my PC and see how it runs, I played on the 360 so I know how it plays and looks on that

Seth

MD Party Room

Wow that crazy!

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Just tried the demo and with PhysX on Normal I only get 24fps average :/ I think something may be wrong so I'm double checking all my settings and everything but with PhysX off I get well over 60

LocutusEstBorg

Just tried the demo and with PhysX on Normal I only get 24fps average :/ I think something may be wrong so I'm double checking all my settings and everything but with PhysX off I get well over 60

It ran faster for me when I DISABLED SLI on my card. It must have been using the one of the GX2's GPUs separately for PhysX with SLI disabled.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It ran faster for me when I DISABLED SLI on my card. It must have been using the one of the GX2's GPUs separately for PhysX with SLI disabled.

I found the source of the problem, see my thread in computer hardware ;) I need to re-run the game and see what I get now

EDIT: Nope...still crappy, see other thread for more information