• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Sliderkk

I don't take much interest in games about existing IPs...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
It's safe to say this is the only batman game i've ever wanted to play. Especially after that demo

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So did anyone get the Batarang version? I picked it up for the 360 and so far it's been pretty enjoyable.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm pissed that they knocked back the PC release (probably due to the PhysX support) but I'm patient. I don't think anyone really wants to pick up the Batarang version considering the price of it. I've forgotten all about how I'm going to pay for MW2 and ODST this fall when I'm at school without a job

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
It ran faster for me when I DISABLED SLI on my card. It must have been using the one of the GX2's GPUs separately for PhysX with SLI disabled.

nah, some games just get lower fps with sli enabled, like gta4

Zx30

Beto
I'm pissed that they knocked back the PC release (probably due to the PhysX support) but I'm patient. I don't think anyone really wants to pick up the Batarang version considering the price of it. I've forgotten all about how I'm going to pay for MW2 and ODST this fall when I'm at school without a job

Sell your self for sex. :D

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm almost done with the main story and I really enjoyed this. Having just played Shadow Complex prior to starting this, they are very comparable.

Both reward exploration and there are many spots that are only reachable to get a Riddler Reward after having progressed and received gadget upgrades.

I'm at like 85% of finding all of the 240 hidden Riddler Challenges and it has been quite fun doing so.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I bought the game...I like it but it's not amazing. I'm going to finish the story and sell it. Thank god Wal-Mart was selling it for 40$

Anyone know how much EB Games is taking it for?

eighty4

I stopped giving away my games when was 12. Having a collection is better than getting a measly 30 or 25 for it, imo.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I picked up my copy for $40 as well (It was a launch day sale so its back up to $70 now). You'll probably get $35-40 credit from EB (even though they had it for $40 as well). Because of this sale I didn't get the Collectors Batarang edition, but I heard the batarang was kinda cheap and not worth it for the price.

I just finished the main story, little disappointed how it ended. And I was expecting to actually face a bunch of Batman's nemesis like the commercial said but there were only 3 that you actually fought against. I collected all the Riddlers hidden stuff, which was nice to get some info on characters not in the game. The challenges are the difficult part, and about the only thing holding me back from the Platinum trophy, besides the 40x combo. The predator challenges are fun, except for the ones that deal with groups of 3 since the henchmen rarely get together in three's. I can't wait to get back to my old internet connection so I try out those Joker challenges. Next to Batman he is my favourite DC character. And I'll even boot up Home to get my Batmobile, Batsuit and Batcave personal space.

And the best part of this game, not once do they mention Robin. That's the way it should be.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I stopped giving away my games when was 12. Having a collection is better than getting a measly 30 or 25 for it, imo.

If I get 25-30$ for it then it's as if I rented it from blockbuster. That's fine by me.

eighty4

Kinda sort of off topic but Robin IS Batman now in the DC Universe after his "death". Meaning there's no more Nightwing, who is my favorite DC character.

Kinda sort of off topic but Robin IS Batman now in the DC Universe after his "death". Meaning there's no more Nightwing, who is my favorite DC character.

wtf have they done to my childhood hero :cry: I remembered the 1966 batman movie (not that i am nearly that old just liked the movie) it was the shit. "Holy priceless collection of Etruscan snoods!" :p. lol but seriously this is a really fun game i played just a little, but still very fun worth the buy imo

Seth

MD Party Room
So I beat the game today! Really enjoyed it, for me this is a ideal rent for anyone who looking for a way to kill the weekend.. I think I might just keep gamefly it not so bad for 16 bucks a month..

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Currently about halfway through the game on the PC and am loving it so far. Story line is actually bearable and graphics are just amazing. What I had the most fun doing was glitching through the walls. At a few points I could zipline trhough the wall into the darkness (beyond the level area) and found some random black square out in the middle of no where). Although when I fell it was an endless black fall. I couldn't replicate it though, just happened twice.

EDIT: I was able to replicate what I was talking about and grabbed it on Fraps :p I'll upload it later