• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I used the first as a nice break from CoD4. It's fun to use tanks and artillery in games.

Only having the one game mode also made it grow stale quicker.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I love the demo.
I might as well trade in my mw2.

This game is perfect in my eyes, and even though the demo is 1 map, it is still fun as hell.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Game looks amazing maxed out. I'd put it up there with Crysis tbh. Can't really comment on gameplay as all the servers are way too laggy at the moment. DICE is working on a fix though.

BFBC2Game-2010-01-28-17-08-26-83.jpg

Robby

Los Doyers!
On the console version the game runs extremely smooth. Only a month away til the game drops, can't wait.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Hopefully my ATI HD 4350 works till I buy new graphic card.

This game beats MW2 by a longshot.

TeamOverload

Guess my opinion is the odd one out then. Unless you all get the game and then go crawling back to MW2 like I predicted :p

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Just curious, but how many levels are there for online does anyone know? Cause it seems like it takes a LOT longer to level up than most other games. This can of course be good for extended replay value though if it does take so long.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Finally was able to hop on a lag-free server in the PC version. The game is downright amazing, pushes all the right buttons. It was funny seeing tons of people in chat saying they were already going to drop MW2 after playing this. Granted I've only played a small portion, but this might just be the must-have multiplayer hit of 2010.

I also like DICE's approach to on screen damage, doesn't cover your entire screen like the strawberry jam effect in MW2.

BFBC2Game-2010-01-28-19-43-33-64.jpg

I don't know if it will be as big of a hit on the consoles but on PC I can safely say it's the MW2 that Activision/IW failed to deliver. Almost everyone I know that's played it agrees.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Some gameplay footage I took of the PC version:

Video

LocutusEstBorg

Finally a game that has servers playable from India even before launch! Got eight 32players beta servers with 50ms latency :D :D

Played it for a couple of hours today and its epic. What I'm most happy about is the client side hit detection, meaning it hits what you shoot and not what was there when the server gets the packet. The shooting ahead was uber annoying in BF2. Runs smoothly maxed out 4xAA without HBAO. HBAO brings it down to 35-40FPS.

So far I've noticed no one gives a crap about their squad and no one uses vehicles as a team. Vehicles are also not overpowered and cant kill you easily. This is going to be a massive success.

I just found out its only $20 for pre-order in India now and I bought it on Steam yesterday at full price :(
Atleast I got the limited edition.

PR0fessor Burnt

my friend downloaded it and right before I left his house I just finished unlocking everything you can in the demo. its so nice having a game and not lag

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hmm I might have to give this game a second chance, I played the Beta on the PS3 and absolutely hated the graphics and felt like it was a step back for the game. Maybe I'll have better luck on the PC version, I'll give the demo a try.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Hmm I might have to give this game a second chance, I played the Beta on the PS3 and absolutely hated the graphics and felt like it was a step back for the game. Maybe I'll have better luck on the PC version, I'll give the demo a try.

Playing it on the 360 and the first thing I noticed was the improved graphics.

I'm starting to get annoyed with the modern warfare 2 players coming in and playing this game as team deathmatch. Also, hating the fact that almost everyone picks the recon class even though they aren't good at sniping.
But when you do get a game with everyone working as as team, this game is epic.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Playing it on the 360 and the first thing I noticed was the improved graphics.
[HIGHLIGHT]
I'm starting to get annoyed with the modern warfare 2 players coming in and playing this game as team deathmatch.[/HIGHLIGHT] Also, hating the fact that almost everyone picks the recon class even though they aren't good at sniping.
But when you do get a game with everyone working as as team, this game is epic.

What exactly does that mean? (I know next to nothing about this game) what game modes are there?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What exactly does that mean? (I know next to nothing about this game) what game modes are there?

If I had to guess, he's referring to people playing objective based modes like regular team deathmatch. (ie. Playing Domination and not capping locations, etc.)

Robby

Los Doyers!
Pretty much, instead of doing objectives they go an get kills. When we are defending and we have to defend a crate, I can have over half my team leaving the crate for attack and trying to get kills so they can have a high amount of kills.

Bad company is a game where your k/d doesn't mean much. if you can defend your base or attack the base then you are the better player.

The main game mode for bad company is kinda like search and destroy except the defenders spawn on the crate you have to destroy.