• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Borderlands

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah man, I'm hooked. I wish more people on my friend's list had it for the co-op though.

I downloaded it for the PC and am really missing out on the co-op that's there. I'm hooked on this game right now and feel that co-op would just take it over the edge, co-op RPG games are hard to come by these days (reminds me of the good ol' Phantasy Star Online days).

I didn't see much of this game and wasn't thoroughly impressed by what I saw but after I started playing it...I can't stop. I'm surprised at how challenging it is (low lvl going into high lvl areas is fun :p )

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Great game. I've only tried single player thus far, can't seem to connect to any games online. Apparently a lot of people are having issues.

Visually it looks fantastic. Really liking the art style.

Borderlands%202009-10-26%2020-00-57-65.png

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Great game. I've only tried single player thus far, can't seem to connect to any games online. Apparently a lot of people are having issues.

Visually it looks fantastic. Really liking the art style.

Must you always show off your huge screen res? :p

I too am impressed with the visual style, it goes above and beyond what other games have accomplished with this art style. The opening scene also was a nice touch, not many games have me interested from the start like this one has

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I beat it last night. Finished off the first playthrough as a Level 34 Hunter.

The best part about co-op is trading for weapon upgrades or just freely giving them away. I think I added about 4 people to my friends list from random games I joined over the past three days.

I found a beastly revolver that I used almost exclusively for the latter part of the game. It had 357 damage, a 1.9 fire rate, over 90 accuracy, and 4x corrosive damage. It melted whatever I shot.

PR0fessor Burnt

I have this game for the xbox and its really impressed me
the visuals are fantastic and so is the game play
however somethings are a little shitty like the splitscreen as well as the ending
i mean come on the could have done better then that I mean to get no weapons from the vault I mean wtf....

Robby

Los Doyers!
I have this game for the xbox and its really impressed me
the visuals are fantastic and so is the game play
however somethings are a little shitty like the splitscreen as well as the ending
i mean come on the could have done better then that I mean to get no weapons from the vault I mean wtf....
When you beat it on the 2nd playthrough I hear you get an awesome alien weapon. I am currently playing on my 2nd playthrough

I beat it last night. Finished off the first playthrough as a Level 34 Hunter.

The best part about co-op is trading for weapon upgrades or just freely giving them away. I think I added about 4 people to my friends list from random games I joined over the past three days.

I found a beastly revolver that I used almost exclusively for the latter part of the game. It had 357 damage, a 1.9 fire rate, over 90 accuracy, and 4x corrosive damage. It melted whatever I shot.
Yeah I beat it last night with a friend, reach level 36 with my Berserker.
Yeah co-op really adds more fun to the game, I started my 2nd playthrough last night and I noticed the differences -.-

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The best part about the skill tree is that you can reset it for like no money and rebuild whenever you want to. It's great for experimenting and not feeling stuck when you may have made a choice you didn;t like an hour or two later. I've done it a couple of times already. Finishing the game, I had about 2 million dollars in my wallet.

Joey

I really like this game. It's like Fallout 3, with a better inventory, better shooting, but a worse story.

I'd be crushing this game, if it wasn't for Uncharted 2. Only at about level 10.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Fallout 3 was a great game so I don't see how you take that as an insult. Anyway, just spent 10mins taking down a Skagzilla, my shots were doing hardly any damage, even though he was just 1 level above me. Also just got introduced to corrosive weapons, they really make a difference.

PR0fessor Burnt

Fallout 3 was a great game so I don't see how you take that as an insult. Anyway, just spent 10mins taking down a Skagzilla, my shots were doing hardly any damage, even though he was just 1 level above me. Also just got introduced to corrosive weapons, they really make a difference.

I wasnt saying that it was bad i was just saying that its a completeley diffrent game and you shouldnt get them confused with each other

Robby

Los Doyers!
It is not a completely different game, That is how I describe the game to all my friends.
It is just like Fallout 3, you get missions from people, do them and get rewarded, find weapons to help you out, and explore the area.

Joey

I wasnt saying that it was bad i was just saying that its a completeley diffrent game and you shouldnt get them confused with each other

Dude, they are very similar. They have similar settings (post-apocalyptic wastelands, vaults, mutants and monsters), RPG elements in which you recieve quests, and complete them for money, experience and weapons, and there's tons of loot in both.

About the only difference is the graphics. Hell even both are funny, even though fallout 3 is more dark and subtle with it's humor.

I mean, sure they're not identical. They're just similar. Borderlands is far more shooter focused (and much better at it), but you can't deny the similarites.

And like others said, being compared to Fallout 3 isn't necessarily a bad thing. Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever. And honestly? So far, I find this game more fun to actually play.

Joey

Actually, now I'm interested since people said it's like fallout 3.

It's like fallout 3 with vehicles, and better weapons... Less interesting weapons (no deathclaw glove, or alein blasters), but far more fun to use.

In fact, not sure why I'm not playing it right now...

PR0fessor Burnt

Dude, they are very similar. They have similar settings (post-apocalyptic wastelands, vaults, mutants and monsters).

its not really post-apocalyptic its a diffrent planet and as for the mutants there midgets not giant orcs

but yes there are some things that are the same but if you say
"oh its just like fallout" and then someone goes and played it expecting a game like fallout there going to be a little surprised. I know I was when my friend said it was just like fallout (he'd only seen the trailers) and he was a little surprised to

as for when you said its like fallout because there both RPG and FPS thats like comparing half-life to halo there 2 completley diffrent games

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It's like fallout 3 with vehicles, and better weapons... Less interesting weapons (no deathclaw glove, or alein blasters), but far more fun to use.

In fact, not sure why I'm not playing it right now...

Oh, there are alien blasters. Keep playing until you pick up a few Eridian weapons.

I might be able to squeeze about 30 minutes in tonight before the World Series starts.