• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

[Bug] There seem to be issues with "Days Hours Minutes" playtime format

Ciceron14

Hello there!
Was trying out this format because counting in days makes me rethink my life choices more, and I noticed a couple of things:

-> Higher play times are not showing the correct day count
Examples of this in my profile are Destiny 2 (Steam & PS4), Rocket League (Steam & PS4) and Destiny (PS4). These are my most played games with above 1100h each.

Some values from these bugged times in case it helps:
Destiny 2 (Steam) -> 2704.13h converts to 16h 7m lol
RL (Steam) -> 1709.08h converts to 15d 5h 4m
The next most played game I have is Idle slayer at around 500h and this one and the ones below are fine as far as saw.

-> When selected as Default playtime format, the setting gets reset after changing the Sort order on a profile
Going back to the Default sort order by re-selecting it doesn't re-apply it, refreshing the page does

This one may be intended, but just in case:
-> When selected as Default playtime format, the setting doesn't apply in pages other than a profile
(like stats to the side of a game's page)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I believe I've fixed it now for both the game and profile pages.

Last edited:

Ciceron14

Actually since you fixed this so quick and while we're on the topic, I might as well follow up with an even more inconsequential thing:
-> Is the profile header play time supposed to be hours only or should it also follow the user preference?

Screenshot 2023-11-14 230506.png

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Actually since you fixed this so quick and while we're on the topic, I might as well follow up with an even more inconsequential thing:
-> Is the profile header play time supposed to be hours only or should it also follow the user preference?

View attachment 14470
Thanks for pointing it out - we decided to leave this as hours for now. The thinking was that not everyone will want the format to be changed in the header, and having a separate setting for only the header seems a bit much.

The main reason I added the format option as well, was to make the playtime next to game listings more readable - easier to read hours+minutes than hours with a decimal. However, that isn't as relevant with the header since it rounds the hours.

Might be open to adding the separate setting I suppose if a lot of users want it though.

Ciceron14

Sounds good to me!
Yea that makes sense, having every single thing be its own setting might be a bit much lol