• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Call of Duty: Black Ops

El Diablo

I just got that email and it was titled "Black ops activation keys" and got my hopes up that for some reason I got sent keys for the time zone of like australia or something (saw some posts on the steam forums saying d2d sent them their codes) and could play right now. I was sadly mistaken.

I was thinking I should have ordered from direct2drive.co.uk or something in hopes of getting it early but if you have to wait too maybe it wouldn't have done anything or did you order from .com so you need to wait for the US time?

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm getting bored of this game because I know no one who has it. Can't wait til my friends get it so I have people I know to talk to.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Bored before release?

That's hardcore. :p

The more I play it, the more it feels like MW2 with more perks, weapons, and customization. People still camp, people still hide in corners, people still use cheap tactics.
Idk, I'm just not in a gaming mood lately I guess.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Is the game more balanced than MW2 though? That's really the only thing that turned me off, the cheap-ish tactics like tubing, knife-running, etc.

Compared to COD4, better/worse balance?

From the time I played, yes it does seem like it is well balanced.

This game is fun and all, but right now I'm just not in a gaming mood. I barely even turn on my 360. Which is why once my friends get it, I'll be on here posting how awesome it is.

Oh and the maps are sweet. Treyarch definitely knows how to do map design.
Compared to CoD4 I am going to go out on a limb and say better.

One thing I did noticed though is the MP5K is the best gun in the game if you use it properly. Short range it rapes and if you fires in short controlled burst you can get people from medium range too.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Had a few hours playing and went through a zombie map, first two levels of the campaign and a few matches in MP. Seems pretty dam good so far. I'll get playing more tomorrow but for now I'm impressed. Only issue so far is lag spikes for me but that's just a sign that my CPU is crap and I need to upgrade it. xD

Serideth

Man I'm loving this game, just logged a few hours and hit level 10, Domination mode is defo my favorite.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
anVKo.jpg

:D

Joey

Has QS been gimped this bad?
[yt]U8GN8WwzrHs[/Yt]

stiiiiiiiiillll waiting on fedex.

So the most annoying part of the game has been taken out, and that piece of eurotrash wont be recommending it to his eurotrash buddies...

I'm instantly more interested in this game than I was just moments ago.

El Diablo

Quick scoping should totally be in the game because everyone knows you can be running around with your sniper and pull the scope up to your eye and while it's moving up to your face, shoot it and have the bullet go perfectly strait at the enemy due to auto aim.

^^
Seriously, fuck "QSing"

Also, I drove past a gamestop last night at like 11-11:30 and the amount of people who were camping out there in line was pathetic. It was like 40 degrees, it fucking snowed that morning, and these people are outside gamestop for an hour to get their game lawl.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
my friends came over to play this, and they went to bed so, i thought i'd hit up some single player so i set it to veteran, i got to the third mission and...
[BLACKOUT]i'm in the tunnels, after blowing up the rocket, i've gone through about 3 rooms, and in the first control type room, the tunnel, which i'm suppose to go down, has to have literally hundreds of guys, seriously, i have paused the game to post this, i have been sitting here, not moving, fighting off wave after wave, i've had to kill 60-70 guys here alone by now, it's never ending, i don't even dare to move up the tunnels because i always get killed, and they just do not stop coming, seriously, i've been sitting here for 20-30 mins, just killing guys that come out of this tunnel, i'm not saying it's a bad thing(except the checkpoint is pretty far back which sucks when i die), i really wish i could capture this to post on youtube, it's freaking ridiculous, i can't wait to see all the corps if i ever finally kill them all[/BLACKOUT]

OUTL4W

my friends came over to play this, and they went to bed so, i thought i'd hit up some single player so i set it to veteran, i got to the third mission and...
[BLACKOUT]i'm in the tunnels, after blowing up the rocket, i've gone through about 3 rooms, and in the first control type room, the tunnel, which i'm suppose to go down, has to have literally hundreds of guys, seriously, i have paused the game to post this, i have been sitting here, not moving, fighting off wave after wave, i've had to kill 60-70 guys here alone by now, it's never ending, i don't even dare to move up the tunnels because i always get killed, and they just do not stop coming, seriously, i've been sitting here for 20-30 mins, just killing guys that come out of this tunnel, i'm not saying it's a bad thing(except the checkpoint is pretty far back which sucks when i die), i really wish i could capture this to post on youtube, it's freaking ridiculous, i can't wait to see all the corps if i ever finally kill them all[/BLACKOUT]

The game apparently has infinite AI spawn just like KZ2....ugh...guess you'll just to run for dear life till you run across a check point.

And I'm glad they gimped QS...

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
The game apparently has infinite AI spawn just like KZ2....ugh...guess you'll just to run for dear life till you run across a check point.

And I'm glad they gimped QS...

wait, what, so, this well never end?!, o fuck, theres no way i can get through this

TeamOverload

wait, what, so, this well never end?!, o fuck, theres no way i can get through this

Correct, they just continue to spawn. It's the same way the older CoDs were. MW2 fixed that problem, but then you had people complaining that it was too easy, so as a result we're stuck with this instead.