• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Can't decide

Bran

Yell
My PSP 1001 is dying, the analogue glitches out and is full of dead spots, the wireless is dead, the square button is shot, the battery is horribly bloated, the UMD slot is busted (not that I've used it since MGPO) AND as the final kicker to me, most of the screws are stripped.

I really cannot decide if I want to buy a new one or just blow my GS credit on PS3 games.

Seth

MD Party Room
Well that depends do you use or play your psp at all?

If you do buy a psp will you buy the 2000( THe one you can hack) or 3000( the one with a better screen...

Or what ps3 games might you be getting.

PsypheR

My PSP 1001 is dying, the analogue glitches out and is full of dead spots, the wireless is dead, the square button is shot, the battery is horribly bloated, the UMD slot is busted (not that I've used it since MGPO) AND as the final kicker to me, most of the screws are stripped.

I really cannot decide if I want to buy a new one or just blow my GS credit on PS3 games.

I wouldn't buy a new one, the PSP's future is pretty bleak, save for a few games. But for those few games, why bother buying a new PSP for it? Unless you have money to burn or have a large collection of games already.

Bran

Yell
Well that depends do you use or play your psp at all?

If you do buy a psp will you buy the 2000( THe one you can hack) or 3000( the one with a better screen...

Or what ps3 games might you be getting.
2000, I mostly want it for the USB charging and the video out. Otherwise I'd just get another 1000.

As far as PS3 games go, I'd be interested in any of these (I'd only afford two new ones): Resistance 2, Midnight Club LA, Dead Space, Sonic Unleashed(don't judge me!), Prince of Persia, Valkyria Chronicles...

Problem with the PS3 games is that I'm moving soon and would not have a HDTV/monitor to play them on which kinda tuns me off. Where as I could use the PSP for the backlog of PSX and PSP games I've not played/finished and of course Emulators.
I wouldn't buy a new one, the PSP's future is pretty bleak, save for a few games. But for those few games, why bother buying a new PSP for it? Unless you have money to burn or have a large collection of games already.
I'd buy a new PSP because the one I have now is mostly useless. There are a lot of PSP games I'm interested in and have not played because my PSP is so broken.

I have about $100 dollars of credit on my Game Stop card.

Slasher

Suck It
If you do go the PSP route, just think - no paying for psp games (if you're into that sort of thing). A virtually endless supply of PSP games, PS1 games, and just about any other console (emulators) games at your disposal. Plus you'd be able to play them on working hardware. Just make sure you're getting a homebrew capable PSP :)

I think that in itself outweighs buying a few PS3 games or whatever

eighty4

I don't. It's like getting free shitty hamburgers for life, when you can buy cheeseburgers that actually satisfy your hunger after you eat the,

Bran

Yell
If you do go the PSP route, just think - no paying for psp games (if you're into that sort of thing). A virtually endless supply of PSP games, PS1 games, and just about any other console (emulators) games at your disposal. Just make sure you're getting a homebrew capable PSP :)

I think that in itself outweighs buying a few PS3 games or whatever
Xmas coming up can probably score me a PS3 game or two also, so I'm pretty sure I want the PSP....

I heard not all the 2000's are hackable?

Bump:
I don't. It's like getting free shitty hamburgers for life, when you can buy cheeseburgers that actually satisfy your hunger after you eat the,

That's pretty much the problem I'm having choosing. I love portable systems though, I'm away from home a lot.

Slasher

Suck It

No. It's not like that at all.
If you want to compare it to hamburgers, then at least do it right.

It would be like getting a large supply of the best burgers you've ever eaten in the past (classic ps1 games and emulated console of choice games), another large supply of good burgers (the good games that are available on the PSP. Yes, they exist), a bunch of homemade sloppy burgers (homebrew), PLUS a virtually endless supply of burgers that may be both good or bad depending on who makes them (future games). These burgers can be taken with you wherever you go.

Vs.

Getting a few good burgers that include bacon and cheese. You have to eat these burgers at the restaurant, they don't let you take them around with you

Bran

Yell

It would be like getting a large supply of the best burgers you've ever eaten in the past (classic ps1 games and emulated console of choice games), another large supply of good burgers (the good games that are available on the PSP. Yes, they exist), PLUS a virtually endless supply of burgers that may be both good and bad depending on who makes them (future games).

Vs.

Getting a few AWESOME SEX burgers THAT ARE ON FIRE

Fixed

eighty4

It would be like getting a large supply of the best burgers you've ever eaten in the past (classic ps1 games and emulated console of choice games), another large supply of good burgers (the good games that are available on the PSP. Yes, they exist), PLUS a virtually endless supply of burgers that may be both good and bad depending on who makes them (future games).

Vs.

Getting a few good burgers that include bacon and cheese
PSP games are garbage - the vast majority of them. PS1 games are not all that great besides a select few. Have fun playing those "forever".

PSP = shitty burger.

PS3 games, alone = nice cheeseburger.

Slasher

Suck It
PSP games are garbage - the vast majority of them.
Key word: Majority

There's plenty of great games still. Plus a continuous flow of future good games. The whole point is not having to pay for them. I haven't bought a PSP game since I think it was Socom 1. I've downloaded every game I've played since, and most of them are great quality games. Generalizing them all as garbage is extremely ignorant of you.

PS1 games are not all that great besides a select few. Have fun playing those "forever".
Many others and I would beg to differ. You could get killed for saying such a thing around here :p

PSP = shitty burger.

PS3 games, alone = nice cheeseburger.

No.

eighty4

Key word: Majority

There's plenty of great games. Plus a continuous flow of future good games. The whole point is not having to pay for them. I haven't bought a PSP game since I think it was Socom 1. I've downloaded every game I've played since, and most of them are great quality games. Generalizing them all as garbage is extremely ignorant of you

You quoted me saying one thing, then say I said another? :tdown:

Many others and I would beg to differ. You could get killed for saying such a thing around here :p

Anyone to HONESTLY think that every PS1 game is great besides a few is a fool who has jumped on a bandwagon and/or never lived through the PS1 gaming days to actually judge.

No, not at all

Yes - very much so.

Bran

Yell
Hiratai's just spewing hate on the PSP/PSX so whatever. I love tons of PSX games that I can't get enough of. Hell I still play Sonic 1-3 a lot and I love to have those on the PSP.

Also there are lots of good PSP games, I love Srpg's and the PSP has lots of them.

eighty4

Hiratai's just spewing hate on the PSP/PSX so whatever. I love tons of PSX games that I can't get enough of. Hell I still play Sonic 1-3 a lot and I love to have those on the PSP.

Also there are lots of good PSP games, I love Srpg's and the PSP has lots of them.
I love the PSP, but I don't think his logic is making any type of sense. Also, when did Sonic 1 -3 represent the entire PS1 library?

Slasher

Suck It
You quoted me saying one thing, then say I said another? :tdown:
Discussing something with somebody who has absolutely no comprehension is pointless. Try reading; it really does help to understand things...

Anyone to HONESTLY think that every PS1 game is great besides a few is a fool who has jumped on a bandwagon and/or never lived through the PS1 gaming days to actually judge.
I never said that. Placing words in my mouth is nothing short of stupid.
Here, I'll even quote what I said, "Many others and I would beg to differ". Did I say that I thought that EVERY ps1 game was great? No, I didn't... There's many more than a "select few" that are good though, that's for certain. You my friend are the one who apparently hasn't lived through the ps1 era of gaming.

eighty4

Discussing something with someone who has no comprehension is pointless. Try reading; it really does help to understand things...

Are you joking now? The beginning of your quote stretches the beginning of what I said and the end does the same for the end of it. You ripping my sentence apart and trying to act as if I had made two separate thoughts out of it is idiotic.

I never said that. Placing words in my mouth is nothing short of stupid.
Here, I'll even quote what I said, "Many others and I would beg to differ.". Did I say that I thought EVERY ps1 game was great? No, I didn't... There's many more than a "select few" that are good though, that's for certain. You my friend are the one who apaprently hasn't lived through the ps1 era of gaming.

Out of the thousands and thousands of PS1 games available - a select few is well over 250. Explain how your thought train lead you to believing that I was not around for the "ps1 era of gaming" when you cannot even grasp that the PS1 is nowhere near the dream machine you make it out to be?

Slasher

Suck It
Are you joking now? The beginning of your quote stretches the beginning of what I said and the end does the same for the end of it. You ripping my sentence apart and trying to act as if I had made two separate thoughts out of it is idiotic.
WHAT?

- You said "PSP games are garbage - the vast majority of them."

- I said "Key word: Majority

There's plenty of great games still. Plus a continuous flow of future good games. The whole point is not having to pay for them. I haven't bought a PSP game since I think it was Socom 1. I've downloaded every game I've played since, and most of them are great quality games. Generalizing them all as garbage is extremely ignorant of you.
"
The Point: Sure, the majority of them are garbage, but saying it like every single PSP game made to date is shitty is ridiculous. You could say the same about virtually any console in existence to date - the majority of their games are garbage. You seem to be missing that there are still well over 50 GOOD critically acclaimed games for the PSP out of the total 400ish library?

Out of the thousands and thousands of PS1 games available - a select few is well over 250. Explain how your thought train lead you to believing that I was not around for the "ps1 era of gaming" when you cannot even grasp that the PS1 is nowhere near the dream machine you make it out to be?
Out of the thousands and thousands of PS1 games available - a select few is well over 250
What?

Explain how your thought train lead you to believing that I was not around for the "ps1 era of gaming".
Judging by your lack of knowledge saying that there were only a "few"(ie. 3) good ps1 games. You seem to have missed out on the experience. Now would you care to explain to me why the Playstation 1 is the most successful gaming console in history? Is it because there were only 3 good games?

Bran

Yell
Megaman X4
Megaman X5
Megaman X6
Megaman 8
Megaman Legends
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Castlevania SOTN
Chrono Cross
Persona 1
Persona 2
Vandal Hearts
Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain
Tekken 3
MediEvil
Ehrgeiz
Einhander
Metal Gear Solid
Gauntlet Legends
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Vampire Hunter D
Hexen
Iron Man / X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal
Oddworld: Abe's Oddsee
Oddword: Abe's Exoddus
R-Types
Soul Edge
Strider 2
Dino Crisis
GTA 2
Silent Hill
Tenchu
King's Field
King's Field 2
King's Field 3
Shadow Tower

Just to name a few.

Bump: Point is there are a lot of PSX games I would be playing on my PSP, stop arguing in my thread.

Bump: Point is there are a lot of PSX games I would be playing on my PSP, stop arguing in my thread.

eighty4

Megaman X4
Megaman X5
Megaman X6
Megaman 8
Megaman Legends
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Castlevania SOTN
Chrono Cross
Persona 1
Persona 2
Vandal Hearts
Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain
Tekken 3
MediEvil
Ehrgeiz
Einhander
Metal Gear Solid
Gauntlet Legends
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Vampire Hunter D
Hexen
Iron Man / X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal
Oddworld: Abe's Oddsee
Oddword: Abe's Exoddus
R-Types
Soul Edge
Strider 2
Dino Crisis
GTA 2
Silent Hill
Tenchu
King's Field
King's Field 2
King's Field 3
Shadow Tower

Just to name a few.
A select few.

Also, Slasher, both of your comments were either insults, you stating the same thing or proving my point. You get a medal. :tup: