• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

chickHEN R3 Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSheep

Seems Davee and Team Typhoon are currently working on a new ChickHEN released dubbed ChickHEN R3 (release 3). Its going to have a few fixes and add new features. Interesting to note it will have PRX plug support and a VSH menu much like M33 Custom Firmware. No release date on ChickHEN R3 has been set. Its currently work in progress.
Davee: it'll be months
New features being worked on:

- XMB / Game Version Spoofing
- Photo menu redirections
- Patch Playstation Network
- Hide pic1 (already present on CF)
- NandGuard
- System Settings / MAC Address Spoof Version
- VSH Menu
- Plugins
- High Memory for PSP 2000/3000
- Compatibility with some modules M33
Davee: Well, R3 has it exported as typhoonGetVersion
Davee: 0xDE000102 = R3

thx to mformature and pspslimhacks and of course davee and the team.
heres a pic

http://davee.x-fusion.co.uk/images/henr3.png

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM EST ----------

no release day is stated!!! Do not ask!!

list the bugs u want off r3 or r2 idk
i want to see the backround pic.

irekski

just irekski
what kind of m33 functions :D

booboo

in R3,when the psp is turned off,ihave to reboot the HEN,once again or it will be activated forever once i do it??????????

badnat

People who care already know this info... you got me excited that it was released or something, for a second. Edit: I see you've changed the title

thedicemaster

in R3,when the psp is turned off,ihave to reboot the HEN,once again or it will be activated forever once i do it??????????

you will always have to reactivate the HEN after turning off your PSP.
it's better to just put your psp in standby, consumes less than 1% battery power a day.

derreklee25

does this mean i can play newer games like rockband unpluged when released and browse psn store with out having to do a firmware update

Arvis

SOunds really good, also i have i'll get some GTA cheat devices working when it's done, it's old so it may not, but it's pretty cool, also looking forward to FuSa.

rockpal1030

seems the R3 would be installed permanently on psp, not "temporary-loading" just like R2.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
seems the R3 would be installed permanently on psp, not "temporary-loading" just like R2.

Not as such permanently. I think when ever the psp boots it will load the configuration of the hen from the memory stick instead of the flash as m33 does. I think that can be seen in the picture he shows off :)

irekski

just irekski
chickHEN only runs in the ram not in the flash0... so every time you turn off your psp (hold for 7-10sec)... it will "forget" everything inside the ram so you have to reinstall the HEN... but in sleep mode its good as turned off though:p... it barely consumes your battery :D

Azaki

Hide the Firmware version to UMDs in the next release is a VERY good idea; with the imminent release of Final Fantasy: Dissidia, I was anxious.

(Sorry for my bad english...)

Davee

lolhax
Seems Davee and Team Typhoon are currently working on a new ChickHEN released dubbed ChickHEN R3 (release 3). Its going to have a few fixes and add new features. Interesting to note it will have PRX plug support and a VSH menu much like M33 Custom Firmware. No release date on ChickHEN R3 has been set. Its currently work in progress.
Davee: it'll be months
New features being worked on:

- XMB / Game Version Spoofing
- Photo menu redirections
- Patch Playstation Network
- Hide pic1 (already present on CF)
- NandGuard
- System Settings / MAC Address Spoof Version
- VSH Menu
- Plugins
- High Memory for PSP 2000/3000
- Compatibility with some modules M33
Davee: Well, R3 has it exported as typhoonGetVersion
Davee: 0xDE000102 = R3

thx to mformature and pspslimhacks and of course davee and the team.
heres a pic

http://davee.x-fusion.co.uk/images/henr3.png

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM EST ----------

no release day is stated!!! Do not ask!!

list the bugs u want off r3 or r2 idk
i want to see the backround pic.

Why does this have reference to the developer sdk?

afteralter

S for Surreal
running psx eboot games is good enough for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.