• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Clip: PSPgo Fully Hacked, Running HEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathieulh

Developer
Freeplay, what's the point in releasing a game exploit if sony has the ability to fix it within 24 hours after release ? Beside if this is the game I think about, it is a leak from a c+d/prometheus user exploit and whoever gave it to you has a lot to answer for (I also do hope that it has nothing to do with you abusively browse into prometheus svn on fanjita's server a few months ago, otherwise I will get really pissed), this would also mean that you are not allowed in any way to release or use this exploit.

P.S. the game I think about has a "R" as its third letter (of the game's title) so you might recognise it if it's the same (which I very much believe it is). You rather get your own user exploit (and try not using games from the prometheus svn, I would very much appreciate it), a lot of games are exploitable so far and it does not take much nor long to find one. Prometheus alone gathered dozens of these user exploits so trust me, exploitable games are there to be found. You especially want to be looking into games released before the 2.00 firmware.

Now you should also know that a user exploit alone does not allow much and even if you do resolve the proper syscalls using eloader in usermode (which is no easy achievement) you should know that your eloader is only bound to work with a very specific kernel, making it very unlikely to be easely ported in the future.

On such note I bid you farewell and a smooth ongoing with your project.

Mathieulh

Developer
The one he gave me full access to? Anyways... Full Release

That does not mean he did it on purpose. You knew that you had no rights exploring this part of the svn because it was obvious. Beside this does not mean you have the right to use work that isn't yours, either to make and release a video or plan a public eloader release. The exploit you used was all ready to use on the svn with a fully working savedata, this means that the amount of work you brought into it is 0. Using this in order to release some videos and get peoples' hopes up is lame at least in my point of view. I have never abused the trust of others or used their work without their approval and I have a great disrespect to people that do. Now please produce your own work and stop using the one of others because you have absolutely no rights to do so. At least you have been smart enough not to leak this exploit but if you do, you will an enemy of me and a lot of others. You are someone smart and capable, what's stopping you from using your own work to achieve your goal ?

afteralter

S for Surreal
No 6.10 - Hen Release? :( How can I use my decahectokilomegagigaterapetaexazettayotta collection of pirated games on a Go? :(:(:(:( Team Typhoon are fags, no ISO loader for 5.03 HEN even D:

Davee, you suck!

Lol, joke.
Honestly, not releasing this WAS/IS/WILL BE a great idea. I did pirate some games before but after my first 3000 brick, I got cautious and upgraded my other 3000 to latest OFW, 6.10.

Just want to say that this is a great job.
And I hope Sony sees this and makes an immediate fix.

*IMO, the idea of this is that they want to alert Sony that there are still some sort of weakness with their "barriers."

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Personally, I hope that the PSP Go! is something that Sony will abandon. I hate digital distribution and I'll avoid it when I can. I think it's a lot better to have a hard copy then a piece of data. Hopefully, the Go! will have enough flaws that will encourage Sony to abandon it.

DarknessMonk

Personally, I hope that the PSP Go! is something that Sony will abandon. I hate digital distribution and I'll avoid it when I can. I think it's a lot better to have a hard copy then a piece of data. Hopefully, the Go! will have enough flaws that will encourage Sony to abandon it.

Digital Distribution ruleZ (see Steam). Problem is: A hard copy costs 30$. A Digital costs 29$+taxes... :/

Dk.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Problem is: A hard copy costs 30$. A Digital costs 29$+taxes...

One of the reasons why I prefer a hard copy, the cost is the same. Companies think they can charge extra for "convenience" making it the same price or more as a hard copy (I'm looking at you XBL!).

AR3S

G0d of W@R
This is totally off topic but
i wish that they would sell the hard copy games with a little coupon that would give that game download from PS store. Then we could buy the game use the digital version and sell back the game used to gamespot... heh
That way the price of digital downloads would go down.
The second Sony did this... then I would buy a go.

On topic:
This will be interesting. Freeplay and his eloader, Team gen doing whatever they are doing, and Team Typhoon with thier hen. 1 of which are going to be released. The next few weeks to months could turn out to be pretty interesting to watch.

Ben-to-b-free

[scrubs]-Fan
This is totally off topic but
i wish that they would sell the hard copy games with a little coupon that would give that game download from PS store. Then we could buy the game use the digital version and sell back the game used to gamespot... heh
That way the price of digital downloads would go down.
The second Sony did this... then I would buy a go.

On topic:
This will be interesting. Freeplay and his eloader, Team gen doing whatever they are doing, and Team Typhoon with thier hen. 1 of which are going to be released. The next few weeks to months could turn out to be pretty interesting to watch.
I don

Raz5

beep = (char) 7;
Bubbletune - "With "NID resolver" he means resolving the functions in homebrew to the ones that are in the game, it doesn't expand the functions."

Seems like by "NID resolver", he means using all loaded modules and subsequent functions, not just the modules/functions that are used in that game.

Meaning this would be an ideal eLoader, right?

Tche

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here, but I am not new following the scene. In particular, I have been reading this forum for a while (and other forums even before). I never wrote because I am not a developer. I don

superste2201

It's a shame really.

Look at the Wii hacking/homebrew scene, DS, Xbox 360 and the OLD psp scene. All there dev's know that *SOME* people will use it for piracy but still release there works to the community for homebrew and satisfaction. Why don't they release this, because of piracy? Im just grateful the psp scene is the only one like this so i can still use some amazing homebrew on my wii from the hardworking devs.

The fact is a small number of people will use this exploit to run pirated games, but even without it they properly won't buy most of them games anyway. So are you making game dev's more money? More than likely no. But this will make alot more people buy psp go's and run homebrew and donate. Making more money for homebrew devs and sony and game devs as most of these people will buy the games they like anyway.

I mean look at the Wii, most popular game console with most games sold and game devs make a hell of a lotta music from it. BUT ALL software versions are hacked, all hardware versions and with just a few files on a memory stick. Most people i no have homebrew on there wii. Does it change anything?

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
It's a shame really.

Look at the Wii hacking/homebrew scene, DS, Xbox 360 and the OLD psp scene. All there dev's know that *SOME* people will use it for piracy but still release there works to the community for homebrew and satisfaction. Why don't they release this, because of piracy? Im just grateful the psp scene is the only one like this so i can still use some amazing homebrew on my wii from the hardworking devs.

The fact is a small number of people will use this exploit to run pirated games, but even without it they properly won't buy most of them games anyway. So are you making game dev's more money? More than likely no. But this will make alot more people buy psp go's and run homebrew and donate. Making more money for homebrew devs and sony and game devs as most of these people will buy the games they like anyway.

I mean look at the Wii, most popular game console with most games sold and game devs make a hell of a lotta music from it. BUT ALL software versions are hacked, all hardware versions and with just a few files on a memory stick. Most people i no have homebrew on there wii. Does it change anything?

no, there is a huge amount of piracy on the psp
and psp homebrew devs barely got any donations, like $6 sometimes

superste2201

more than the Wii, Ds or xbox 360????

I have to disagree, search on any popular torrent site e.g isohunt and search for wii and psp.

I gurantee wii games will have more seeders and leechers, hence be more popular (on my search top psp result had 1000peers, wii had 3500)

AR3S

G0d of W@R

If the devs went in for the money they would have been following a false hope. An unofficial form of programming for a handheld will almost never generate funds. Also if you are developing for a gaming handheld, you have to expect what the age group is of the people who will consume it. For the psp I would guess that the average user is from 14 to 15 years old. Then it is impossible to expect donations from those who don't even have a credit card. Also the attitude that you will find from the general user of homebrew would be that dumb whinny 14 year old who just wants to download all the games they can get thier grimmy hands onto.

FreePlay

knew that you had no rights exploring this part of the svn because it was obvious.
It was not 'obvious'. There was no indication at all that I should not be there.

You are someone smart and capable, what's stopping you from using your own work to achieve your goal ?
This is the reason I am more interested in finding other game exploits than using this one.

I never said I'd be releasing this exploit. Calm down.

Hellcat

Contributor
[off topic]
Actually I prefer digital distribution somehow, 'cause I tend to loose my hard copies.

And when I then want to install/play the game again after some time I need hours to find it - or not :-/
So I like the option to just download it again.
[/off topic]

eldiablov

Contributor
[off topic]
Actually I prefer digital distribution somehow, 'cause I tend to loose my hard copies.

And when I then want to install/play the game again after some time I need hours to find it - or not :-/
So I like the option to just download it again.
[/off topic]

I really have to agree. With things like the PSP I couldnt care less about having a "physical copy".

Mathieulh

Developer
It was not 'obvious'. There was no indication at all that I should not be there.

This is the reason I am more interested in finding other game exploits than using this one.

I never said I'd be releasing this exploit. Calm down.

Ok, well anyway what's done is done and past is past, I am still confident that with enough investigation you do have the skills to find your own user exploit (it is not like it is very hard) and if you do and bring up eloader with it, I am wishing you all the success you can get xD. (In fact porting eloader will be a lot harder than finding the user exploit to run it) Though you should still take in consideration that a public game exploit on the psp go is useless considering it just takes one click for sony to remove the game from the playstation store. Then they can either wait for a patched firmware to come up to put the game back online, or they can put a patched version of the game, or even do both. If you want an exploit you can safely spread, you should be looking for a vsh one, this would also allow to prevent sony from forcing users to update their go (and render the exploit useless)

Status
Not open for further replies.