• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 3.90 M33-3 Released, Improves NO-UMD Compatibility

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm,ok,i just read the rules,and i understand why you dun help me.:smile:

However,if i say that i have a God of war CSO,and i get this error "cannot copy GOW:data error (cyclic redundancy check) " even though i have System Software 3.90 M33,will you be able to help me? :smile:

Try formatting the memory stick, then copy the game back over and see if it works. If not there is likely a problem with your memory stick. A "cyclic redundancy check" error is the same kind of error you'd get if your computer hard drive was going bad.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
m33-3 update just states corrupted data? I have m33-2 installed and running fine. HELP

If you copied the UPDATE folder to your GAME folder it shouldn't. Try formatting your memory stick and see if that helps.

Junishin

I have a question and any help is appreciated.
I have a phat PsP with 3.90 m33-2 on it. before I put the 3.90 m33-2 on it i could play UMD games. Now I can only play games off my memory stick. Any help? If I upgrade to m33-3 would that fix the problem? I have tried changing settings and such by pressing R when starting with no luck. Once again any help is appreciated. Thanx.

MEandTHISarmy

k, got 3.90 m33-3 on there fine. Tried to bring over a few cso, worked for a bit, but then the unthinkable. They didnt work! lol. Well some work, they load up fine, i can play a couple levels and then always on a loading screen it will lock up. Patapon does it every time i try to go to one certain level, i can play others just fine, but not this one.It happens in Burnout legends as well. It goes to the loading screen then freezes and puts my psp to sleep. So i was trying to fix it and change the umd mode around. I got it on sony np 9660, which i heard worked the best. But now i heard things about turning the fake umd mode off, but you cant do that whilst using the sony np can you?

So what can i do to play these locking up levels?

darted

Internet?

When i run the update it says something about not finsding the 3.90 thing and asks if i want to downlaod it of internet. I dont have wireless in my house so what do i do to run it then?

kmrtsecurity

can someone tell me how to install the dark alex psp hack i keep getting an error message when i try to install it on my psp it says the game could not be started (80020148 ) do i have to do something before i install the dark alex stuff or do i just do it straight across someone help send me a message i dont know what to do my psp is running on version 3.90

Axic

Does anyone else still have that problem with 1.5 kernal v2 where unsleeping crashes your psp phat sometimes?

8XxCrossxX8

erm guys when i tried to update my PSP version from 3.52 M33-4 to 3.90 M33-3 it keeps auto offing,
anyone else experience this problem? anw my PSP is a fat 1

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
erm guys when i tried to update my PSP version from 3.52 M33-4 to 3.90 M33-3 it keeps auto offing,
anyone else experience this problem? anw my PSP is a fat 1

Nope. Do you get any error message?

EeveeXIII

Hiya all... I wasn't sure where to place this question....but for some reason, when i play my psp games and hold the square button for about 5 or soo seconds...the game will freeze for a second and a little black bar with "Dumping" appears in the center of the screen and when I check my memory stick on my computer, there's a new file called "MEMDUMP0.dmp"...not sure what it is or what it's function is...can anyone help me out?

systemID

hey guys? can you help me downgrade my psp? because i mistakenly upgraded it to version 3.95 and i can't play any games anymore. my original firmware is 3.80 M33-5. is it possible for me to downgrade my psp2000 system to 3.90 M33-3? hope someone can help me.

cheech

If anyone can help i have a slim psp and want to install custom firmware but have no idea how to do it????