• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-6 Released

hussein7

<p>I have a slim PSP-2000 and it's running CFW 5.00 M33. I tried running the m33-6 upgrade by placing the 500.pbp in the update folder along with the eboot.pbp but it just seems to get stuck when I flash it. What is it that I am doing wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated. I have downloaded some new games for my 7 yr old and they don't work on the current firmware. Any help in upgrading to 5.50 CFW will also do.</p>

january39

eXo Staff
<p> I have downloaded some new games for my 7 yr old and they don't work on the current firmware.

We cannot help with that, please check the rules and specifically #3.

Your FW is too low. Strike one

HelpMePeople

<p>Hey man! Im over 3 months anxious about what to do with my PSP. I got sick of it after a year of owning it. I want something to spice my PSP. I've read a couple of your articles and I must say, people like you are genious! Anyway, as I was saying, I wanted to customize and personalize my PSP but I'm not sure what to touch first. Im afraid I might break it (and I can't afford to buy a new one). I hope you could help me =[</p>
<p>I don't know what to give you but I've got:
PSP-2000
firmware - 5.00 m33-6
8GB memory stick</p>
<p>I just want to have an famicom emulator, sega emulator, gamboy advance emulator installed.</p>
<p>I also want to have CXMB themes.</p>
<p>I've been googling it and watching everything on youtube but everytime I do research, each one has different processes and procedures.</p>
<p>I dont even know what type of motherboard I have.</p>
<p>PLEASE HELP. ANYONE.</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This guide is a great starting point if you are new to the world of homebrew. Also, check out this thread for emulators, there's plenty listed there.

As for installing them, the process for each is rather straightforward, just drag n' drop the folder that contains an "EBOOT.PBP" to the PSP/GAME folder located on your Memory Stick. Afterwards, the app(s) you transferred over should show as individual items when accessing the PSP's Game menu, each represented by a graphical icon.

Additionally, a step-by-step guide on installing CXMB can be found at this link. The process is a little more complex and may seem daunting for a newbie but this guide will walk you through it. Hope that helps! :) If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Smoly

Can you guys assist me,i have just mod my phat psp with 5.00 M33-6,but my problem is i cant my iso games,while the bookr application can open to read my pdf"s!can any one help since i have tried to change umd iso mode to m33driver,created the iso folder in the root?