• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-6 Released

Nomo

psplogo4.jpg

5.00 M3-6
----------

Changes in 5.00 M33-6:

- Fixed a bug that made unbootable psp without memory stick or with a bad one.

Changes in 5.00 M3-5
----------

This update is a try to fix memory stick low speed since 3.80.

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.

If you come from a version prior to 5.00 M33, put sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.

Changes:

- A setting has been added to recovery, that, when enabled it may increase memory stick reading speed. (only on the psp, not in the pc).
By default it is disabled. If you installed 3.71 fatmsmod, do not use this setting, as its perfomance with 3.71 driver has not been tested.
Instead, reinstall 5.00 m33-4 using dc8 and update to 5.00 m33-5

The included file fat_comparison.html contains a comparison of perfomance between the 5.00 fat driver, the 3.71 one, and the 5.00 one with the speed up
hack during the read of an iso.
The test was done on the game Valkyrie Profile in cso format in march33 mode. Other games, modes and applications different than iso reading showed
similar results.

- Translating the recovery.
To translate the recovery create a text file in ms0:/seplugins/xx_recovery.txt
or flash1:/xx_recoery.txt (they are evaluated in that order), where xx is the language code
of your language:

es -> spanish
en -> english
fr -> french
de -> german
it -> italian
ja -> japanese
ko -> korean
nl -> netherlands
pt -> portuguese
ru -> russian
ch1 -> chinese simplified
ch2 -> chinese traditional

The file en_recovery.txt in translate folder is included for people to translate to their languages, this file is not needed for english people, as the english language is used when no language file is found.
Just change the english strings to your language ones, and put it in the path mentioned above. Be careful to check in the recovery that the lines look fine, don't use too large text.

The spanish file es_recovery.txt will be written by the program in the memory stick.

Download 5.00 M33-6

Attachments

• 500m33_6.zip
    232.1 KB · Views: 129,742

maeirsvs

<p>so lemme get this straight..if i have 5.00m33-4 does it mean that i cant or is it not recommended that i dont do this update if i have fatmsmod installed?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If you already have fatmsmod installed and want to use the speed fix option in recovery it is recommended to reinstall 5.00 M33 then apply the M33-6 update. If you aren't going to enable the speed fix option, just update to M33-6 as normal.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

nathanmoon

Programmer. Procrastinator.
<p>@bnaughty18: yes, the update will work perfectly fine..</p>
<p>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++</p>
<p>become a fan of Dark~Alex at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkAleX/31283906247">[www.facebook.com]</a></p>

JonC04

Thanks Dark_Alex for the release! Just wondering if the 1.5 Add-on works for 5.00 M33-6?

angelsniper45

great release!! silent hill and metal slug X play just as they would on a psx now! the graphics never get choppy.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks Dark_Alex for the release! Just wondering if the 1.5 Add-on works for 5.00 M33-6?

Yep the 1.5 add-on still works.

cgilligan

<p>i have cfw 3.80 for psp i dont know if ive got the FAT MS PATCH. anyway i can find out?</p>
<p>and would i just update to 5.00 m33 as usual then to M33-6?</p>

ejendro

can some one help me, newbe here. If a memory stick that has the fadmsmod file in but is not installed in the psp can i use the new speed add on the 5.00mm-6?

Thanks

manji17

<p>hey guys i got a question..i have cfw 4.01 m33-2 installed in my psp slim, can i update it straight to cfw 5.00 m33-6?</p>