• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX Returns! 3.30 Open Edition Rev A

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
dose custom topmenus work?

Custom topmenus so far don't work with 3.10 OE-A', so I'm guessing that they won't work with 3.30 OE-A either. However, while I'm waiting for somebody I know to compile a "Winstaller" allowing me to upgrade to OE FW without the benifits of a genuine memory stick bigger than 32MB, you might want to consider trying modding other things such as the background, the wave, batter and loading icons, those are things I've modded in 3.10 OE-A', and it looks surprisingly like a PS3.
Refer to this thread: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?p=5590#post5590

Update: my question for Remote Play has been resolved. Anyone with the same issue can refer to this post: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?p=5582#post5582

alx_amvs

I haven't got this on my PSP yet, but before i do i have a question. To play PS1 games, does the file have to be in any format other than ISO or do i have to do some kind of converting before hand? Would it work to just rip my games and put the iso on the memory card?

Gwapingn8

silly question

but..... i have a 3.03oc-c.

can i upgrade to 3.30oc dirrectly, well of course following the instructions.
i don't need to downgrade to 1.5 right?

my PSP was originally fomr 1.5 then upgraded to 3.03oc-c.

so i assume there wouldn't be a problem with 3.30oc upgrade? :w00t:

Roe

but..... i have a 3.03oc-c.

can i upgrade to 3.30oc dirrectly, well of course following the instructions.
i don't need to downgrade to 1.5 right?

my PSP was originally fomr 1.5 then upgraded to 3.03oc-c.

so i assume there wouldn't be a problem with 3.30oc upgrade? :w00t:
Yes you can upgrade directly just put the folders in game150 instead of game

onewaytohell

Thanks DarkAlex!!!:w00t:

I have upgraded my PSP to 3.30 OE with no problems. But I am wondering about a little thing. 3.30 is supposed to have some features that are not present in the OE version, such as connecting to a wireless hot spot, or dropping videos with the THM recognized in the VIDEO folder. at the moment none of those feature are working. Am I missing something here? lol Any help would be appreciated.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks DarkAlex!!!:w00t:

I have upgraded my PSP to 3.30 OE with no problems. But I am wondering about a little thing. 3.30 is supposed to have some features that are not present in the OE version, such as connecting to a wireless hot spot, or dropping videos with the THM recognized in the VIDEO folder. at the moment none of those feature are working. Am I missing something here? lol Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know about the THM files, but in order to get the T-mobile wireless feature to show up you need to make sure your region is set to America in recovery mode then restore default settings.

Roe

I don't know about the THM files, but in order to get the T-mobile wireless feature to show up you need to make sure your region is set to America in recovery mode then restore default settings.
What is the t-mobile wireless feature

onewaytohell

Oh ok that would explain alot! lol Thanks X3sphere! But I am still puzzled about the THM files lol oh well Ill keep on looking.

ROE UR BOAT:
TMobile Wireless feature is that Sony has made it easier to connect to hot spots through the network settings.

Tippman7641

ok completele noob idiot what ever u want to call me, im tring to understand this, if my psp is on version 3.30 right now do i, can i* put 3.30oe on it ?

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
ok completele noob idiot what ever u want to call me, im tring to understand this, if my psp is on version 3.30 right now do i, can i* put 3.30oe on it ?

I knew I'd see one of these soon enough, at this time there is no way to do that, you will need to wait for a downgrader for 3.30 before you can upgrade to 3.30oe

Buddy4point0

i upgraded to 3.30 and i now have it fully customize just like my 3.03 and its awsoem

Gwapingn8

YESH!!!!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: I MADE IT TO 3.30OE!!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

many thanks to our SMART GUY... MR Dark_Alex 8) 8) 8)

Memeow

Anyone had any problems with some games? Fight Night Round 3, Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 and Harvest Moon: Innocent Life all crap out on me under 3.30 OE-A :(

Try turning off the no UMD mode in recovery
That got a few games working for me so far in 3.30 like GGX Slash
that kept craping out on me when even i started playing arcade mode (didn't in 3.10)
but now it works fine :biggrin:

Also were in Innocent Life is it crashing? it hasn't crashed on me yet:confused1:

Memeow

I haven't got this on my PSP yet, but before i do i have a question. To play PS1 games, does the file have to be in any format other than ISO or do i have to do some kind of converting before hand? Would it work to just rip my games and put the iso on the memory card?

Once you have a DA custom FM you need to turn the Iso files that you take off from the your game cd (as its illigal to take isos off the net) into Eboot files
You need a program for that
:biggrin:
I use PSX2PSP to construct mine, I also use PopstationGUI when i wanna take apart and Eboot and add diff image files and such =P
I haven't had a single successful eboot construction from PopstationGUI yet though >.> so i just tear them apart in that and construct them in PSKPSP ^^
once you have a DA's custom FW on yoru psp put the eboot in a folder and in the PSP GAME directory, and enjoy :biggrin:
I belive there is a thread on the psp help section of this forum on this =p
Hope that helped =p

Tippman7641

I knew I'd see one of these soon enough, at this time there is no way to do that, you will need to wait for a downgrader for 3.30 before you can upgrade to 3.30oe

ok, see i see 3.30 and then 3.30oe so i think ok 3.30>>>3.30oe just like anyother update, thank you for clariffying

no whats funny i just recently discovered that you could do all this with ur psp while i was updating to 3.30 so i was DOH

Vujak

Only to say Thanks Dark AleX!!!!

29baller

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crying: r u going to make an 3.10,3.11,or3.30 downgrader soon i realy need it i didnt know i waznt suppost to upgrade so i upgraded to 3.11.:mad1:
newreply.php

MeatHead

Don't Want to take the chance just yet?

so if i got 3.11 i have to down grade first to 1.50 then to 3.30 and then to this custom firmware? or can i just upgrade to this?