• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX Returns! 3.30 Open Edition Rev A

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
:crying: r u going to make an 3.10,3.11,or3.30 downgrader soon i realy need it i didnt know i waznt suppost to upgrade so i upgraded to 3.11.:mad1:
newreply.php

Be patient

AVI

Running 3.03OE-A trying to update to 3.10oe

Hi,
I am having issues with the update. I have copied the oem folder to PSP/GAME/ , in addition to putting the 1.50 and 3.30 files in the oem folder. But the problem I have is when i go to boot up the Update maker it gives me this error "game could not be started (8002014c)" what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions ..thanks ahead

Avi:confused1:

Roe

Hi,
I am having issues with the update. I have copied the oem folder to PSP/GAME/ , in addition to putting the 1.50 and 3.30 files in the oem folder. But the problem I have is when i go to boot up the Update maker it gives me this error "game could not be started (8002014c)" what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions ..thanks ahead

What firmware are you on

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi,

put them in PSP/GAME150 :wink:

MeatHead

so im guessing now that all the open edition firmwares are mostly for the non new motherboard psps. Or are some of these workable on the new ones? when i first bought one i was told i can't downgrade cause it had the newer motherboard so i updated and now they have downgraders for the new ones. Do i have a bigger chance to get mine bricked?
:confused1:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so im guessing now that all the open edition firmwares are mostly for the non new motherboard psps. Or are some of these workable on the new ones? when i first bought one i was told i can't downgrade cause it had the newer motherboard so i updated and now they have downgraders for the new ones. Do i have a bigger chance to get mine bricked?
:confused1:

well the downgrader instructions here cover all current motherboards. so as long as you have 3.03 or below, your good to downgrade to 1.5 and install OE. There is no higher chance of bricking either.

r4yoflight

Looks like theres no improvement in no umd mode.. its the same as 3.10 OE-A:bored: hopefully theres one within next release..

Eamoe

Sorry for going off-topic, but.

Forgive my being such a stupid-sounding noob, but how do I only switch from plain regular Sony FW to any OE version of it?

I never dared downgrading. I'm s**t-scared of bricking. Presently I'm at Sony FW 3.10. Am I forced to downgrade? Can I even do it?

Thanks for a guy new to Dark Alex's great work...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry for going off-topic, but.

Forgive my being such a stupid-sounding noob, but how do I only switch from plain regular Sony FW to any OE version of it?

I never dared downgrading. I'm s**t-scared of bricking. Presently I'm at Sony FW 3.10. Am I forced to downgrade? Can I even do it?

Thanks for a guy new to Dark Alex's great work...

unfortunately no, the latest downgrader only supports up to FW 3.03.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

caphrikorn12

need help!

im a noob please help me:blushing: , i have a psp 2.71 se-c and i want to upgrade to 3.30oe. i've read the instructions but still i want to make sure that my psp wont brick. please help me, need some good advise! thanx in advance!:smile:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
why doesnt the location free player work?

flash space is sparse, so it was removed to fit the 1.5 kernel.

you can still use DevHook and emulate the 3.11 firmware then run the Location Free player from there.

MeatHead

what's the best FW

i have a quick question
what's the best firmware to get? i don't wanna end up going to high and then some else saying it's lower
post what you think i guess. just wanna know
thanks