• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Devhook 0.52 Install Guide with 3.11

shaddup15

Hello I'm new to Modifying PSP's and my friend modified mine to devhook0.46 (while i wasn't there to see what he did) and i tried to change it to 0.52. i followed all the steps but for some reason devhook is not an option i can click on when i go to the games section on my psp. all i have as an option there is psardumper and corrupted data. I'm really not that good at this stuff but the guide seemed really straight forward so I thought i would give it a shot. please help me out, hopefully i did not delete a file that i was not supposed to. thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Acerthief

just one advice, are you on 1.5 now?
I would recommend using Custom firmware 3.52M33, that way you don't have to deal with devhook as 3.52M33 is a mix of 1.5kernal and the newer 3.52.
HERE is the update guide. take a look :)

Ussi

if i open a game it comes a intro to the game and then a black display and nothing happens!!! Help pls!!! mfg Ussi

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello I'm new to Modifying PSP's and my friend modified mine to devhook0.46 (while i wasn't there to see what he did) and i tried to change it to 0.52. i followed all the steps but for some reason devhook is not an option i can click on when i go to the games section on my psp. all i have as an option there is psardumper and corrupted data. I'm really not that good at this stuff but the guide seemed really straight forward so I thought i would give it a shot. please help me out, hopefully i did not delete a file that i was not supposed to. thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

If DevHook is not showing up in the Game menu then you didn't copy over the PSP folder to your memory stick drive.

if i open a game it comes a intro to the game and then a black display and nothing happens!!! Help pls!!! mfg Ussi

Does this game require a firmware higher than 3.11? Only games 3.11 and below will work on DevHook. Anything higher and you'll have to upgrade to custom firmware 3.52 M33.

Darkwoods

hi i have followed the guide step by step but its not wokring on step 8.

i get the black screen with some text when i go into devhook plz help

here is what i get

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSP DEVHOOK Ver.0.52 by BOOSTER

UMD-FILE:UMD Disc

UMD-SFO:SFO Ver.no change
CONF TBL:/kd/pspcnf_tbl_dh.txt
REBOOT:
FLASH0,1:
CLOCK:000/000 MHz
REMOTE:remote_ctrl FW_ver. :1.5.0001
PL-ADDR: 0X00000000 BATTERY :3.857V

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi i have followed the guide step by step but its not wokring on step 8.

i get the black screen with some text when i go into devhook plz help

here is what i get

PSP DEVHOOK Ver.0.52 by BOOSTER

UMD-FILE:UMD Disc

UMD-SFO:SFO Ver.no change
CONF TBL:/kd/pspcnf_tbl_dh.txt
REBOOT:
FLASH0,1:
CLOCK:000/000 MHz
REMOTE:remote_ctrl FW_ver. :1.5.0001
PL-ADDR: 0X00000000 BATTERY :3.857V

That's right, there should be a menu above that text and option that says "FIRMWARE" Go into firmware and choose 3.11, then start devhook.

ozzmystro

you say to 'Get PSARDumper here. Unpack it and move the program to your GAME folder' well i have downloaded it but there is no program in it...what do i do when i have downloaded it and extracted the files?!?! i get 2 folders, 'psar_dump3' and 'psar_dump3%'!! what do i do, please help?! Thanks Ozzy

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
you say to 'Get PSARDumper here. Unpack it and move the program to your GAME folder' well i have downloaded it but there is no program in it...what do i do when i have downloaded it and extracted the files?!?! i get 2 folders, 'psar_dump3' and 'psar_dump3%'!! what do i do, please help?! Thanks Ozzy

Well the psar_dump3 and psar_dump3% folders are the program. Move those over to the GAME folder.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
version 3.52...

that is the problem :p Official 3.52 cannot run homebrew.

However, it is possible to "downgrade" official 3.52 to a homebrew-capable firmware, such as 1.5, by using a Pandora battery.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
o...kay....?!?! =S =S!! lol! ermmmm...how do i do that?! =P! Whats the difference between 1.5 and 3.52? Ozzy

Well here is the guide on converting a normal PSP battery to Pandora:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3238

basically, it writes a special serial code to any battery, booting the PSP in service mode. Thing is, you'll need to know someone with a homebrew-capable PSP so they can convert the battery for you.

There is also another way, by purchasing an already-converted Pandora battery:

http://forums.exophase.com/showpost.php?p=19084&postcount=19

Probably this stuff is quite confusing if you are new to the PSP scene. But just ask if you have any questions.

The main difference between 1.5 and 3.52 is that 3.52 cannot run any homebrew applications due to security upgrades.

shaddup15

hello...so i am back with dumb questions. i have devhook enabling me to switch to version 3.11 but my game (Scarface which is a .cso file) will not work. i am not sure of the proper setup of devhook to allow me to play these games. do only .iso games work, my friend told me .cso should work as well. Is there any guide in this forum that would tell me how to set up my devhook properly? Sorry once again for littering the forum with my technically challenged questions

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hello...so i am back with dumb questions. i have devhook enabling me to switch to version 3.11 but my game (Scarface which is a .cso file) will not work. i am not sure of the proper setup of devhook to allow me to play these games. do only .iso games work, my friend told me .cso should work as well. Is there any guide in this forum that would tell me how to set up my devhook properly? Sorry once again for littering the forum with my technically challenged questions

CSO files should work however do you know what firmware Scarface requires? Because if its higher than 3.11 the game will likely not work.

LukeTheOne

not working....

i tried everything... but when i tried to run the PSARDUMPER V3 on my psp... it juz says the game could not be started? why is this happening? i know this programme is not a game... n my psp version is 3.52 M33-3, and yes i took it for downgrading at a shop