• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Devhook 0.52 Install Guide with 3.11

rabidsnypr

I dont understand step 5. I'm new to this and it's my little bros PSP.Someone help me plz. I was fallowing the steps and still dont understand it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I dont understand step 5. I'm new to this and it's my little bros PSP.Someone help me plz. I was fallowing the steps and still dont understand it.

Open up the 3.11 update with PBP Unpacker and extract it. What are you having trouble with?

Ichig00

"2. Copy the devhook 0.52 package to the root of your memory stick. This would be ms0:/ and the three folders should be "dh", "PSP" and "fbm". If you are running OE, make sure that the DH052 folders are going into the GAME150 folder."

I dont get this part....how do i copy Devhook 0.52 package to the root ms0:/...is ms0:/ MS_ROOT or MP_ROOT im confused:confused1: OR do i save MS_ROOT to MP_ROOT?.....well i put the MS_ROOT in the MP_ROOT and did the steps and stopped when i went to memory stick in the PSP and is said there was a corrupted file and the second one is Psar Dumper V3. I ran it but it said game cant be run . what did i do wrong? IM VERY NEW at all this. Can u put like type where their exactly supposed to be? like Computer>(I)>MP_ROOT>MS_ROOT> ........... and so on. Please? Thx i appreciate the guide and the help...i have a normal 3.90 firmware btw or...its cuz it doesnt work with 3.90 firmware...o well T_T i wonder how i downgrade

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
"2. Copy the devhook 0.52 package to the root of your memory stick. This would be ms0:/ and the three folders should be "dh", "PSP" and "fbm". If you are running OE, make sure that the DH052 folders are going into the GAME150 folder."

I dont get this part....how do i copy Devhook 0.52 package to the root ms0:/...is ms0:/ MS_ROOT or MP_ROOT im confused:confused1: OR do i save MS_ROOT to MP_ROOT?.....well i put the MS_ROOT in the MP_ROOT and did the steps and stopped when i went to memory stick in the PSP and is said there was a corrupted file and the second one is Psar Dumper V3. I ran it but it said game cant be run . what did i do wrong? IM VERY NEW at all this. Can u put like type where their exactly supposed to be? like Computer>(I)>MP_ROOT>MS_ROOT> ........... and so on. Please? Thx i appreciate the guide and the help...i have a normal 3.90 firmware btw or...its cuz it doesnt work with 3.90 firmware...o well T_T i wonder how i downgrade

It's not working because you're running official 3.90 firmware. You need to be running 1.50 or custom firmware to use DevHook. And, even if you had that... there's no reason to use this program anymore. It's very outdated.

Cylix311

Getting a headache...

I have downgraded to 1.52 and have all the junk dl'ed and ready, and followed your instructions best I could. Yet every time i try to run Psar dump it gives me an error message saying it can't read the game and nothing ever gets done. Maybe you can give me a insight on where I went wrong. am I supposed to be running 2.71 while using this stuff instead of 1.52?

pikashinobi

I got psar dumper working but when i pressed x it said that it could not locate DATA.PSAR in the top folder of my memory stick. I dont even know wat the DATA.PSAR is. When i downloaded the 3.11 data it just showed up as EBOOT. So i made a new folder named DATA.PSAR and put the 3.11 data into it. Still not working. Help!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I got psar dumper working but when i pressed x it said that it could not locate DATA.PSAR in the top folder of my memory stick. I dont even know wat the DATA.PSAR is. When i downloaded the 3.11 data it just showed up as EBOOT. So i made a new folder named DATA.PSAR and put the 3.11 data into it. Still not working. Help!

The guide tells you where to get the DATA.PSAR... you need to extract the 3.11 firmware EBOOT with PBPUnpacker.

MikeKerr

It's not working because you're running official 3.90 firmware. You need to be running 1.50 or custom firmware to use DevHook. And, even if you had that... there's no reason to use this program anymore. It's very outdated.

what program would you suggest then?

Yggdrassil

I did everything as listed above but when i run the psar dumper on the psp it says "Game cannot be found" some thing close to that.

That and above it there's a file that says File corrupted on psp.

Any ideas on what i may be doing wrong?

I have Version 3.90 just bought a new psp.

Thanks

Acerthief

I did everything as listed above but when i run the psar dumper on the psp it says "Game cannot be found" some thing close to that.

That and above it there's a file that says File corrupted on psp.

Any ideas on what i may be doing wrong?

I have Version 3.90 just bought a new psp.

Thanks

Start out with this.

Yggdrassil

Alright thanks Acerthief i found out why now but would you know where i could get the right homebrew to run it correctly?

I'm trying to add the Pandora's Battery but i can't get my psp to load up into the recovery mode to make sure its set on everything correctly. It says hold R while booting but that doesn't do anything for me.

capsgram

i tired all this stuff and none of it works, so, what actual files do i have to delete? do i have to clear the whole memory card? or what? what actual files do i need to remove, all these types of hacks are the same the file names are the same so like? what goes where and how does it work? ive done this devhook .51 beta and it works fine but i cant play any new games, and ive hooked up a bunch of psps with that new 4.01 m33 and that was easy, but this doesnt work out at all.

thanks for your attempt! :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i tired all this stuff and none of it works, so, what actual files do i have to delete? do i have to clear the whole memory card? or what? what actual files do i need to remove, all these types of hacks are the same the file names are the same so like? what goes where and how does it work? ive done this devhook .51 beta and it works fine but i cant play any new games, and ive hooked up a bunch of psps with that new 4.01 m33 and that was easy, but this doesnt work out at all.

thanks for your attempt! :)

Why are you trying to run DevHook on 4.01 M33? There's no need to - and it won't work. 4.01 M33 can run games from the memory stick by itself, no additional plugins or programs needed.

curse!

HELP!!!

Where to start.. i've only recently brought PSP and am running firmware 3.90
I've followed the guide as well as i think possible and it's not gone too well :glare:
The PSAR Dumper thing is picked up by the psp but only comes up as The game could not be started. (8002014C) Any ideas why? :confused1:
Also i dont know where i'm putting everything.. A quick guide to where to put them (For a PSP NOOB) would be muchly appreciated.
Also, do i need a Pandora Battery or different firmware?
Confused as hell tbh , thanks in advance :biggrin:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Where to start.. i've only recently brought PSP and am running firmware 3.90
I've followed the guide as well as i think possible and it's not gone too well :glare:
The PSAR Dumper thing is picked up by the psp but only comes up as The game could not be started. (8002014C) Any ideas why? :confused1:
Also i dont know where i'm putting everything.. A quick guide to where to put them (For a PSP NOOB) would be muchly appreciated.
Also, do i need a Pandora Battery or different firmware?
Confused as hell tbh , thanks in advance :biggrin:

Need to read this: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

You need a Pandora battery and magic memory stick.

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
What is Devhook

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What is Devhook

DevHook is a firmware emulator, but only supports up to 3.11. Anyway, it has long been rendered obsolete with the advent of custom firmware.

NecroSun

help

[QUOTE=x3sphere;388]This is a step by step guide for installing the new Devhook 0.52 along with 3.11 firmware.

1. Remove all previous devhook files from your memory stick.

2. Copy the devhook 0.52 package to the root of your memory stick. This would be ms0:/ and the three folders should be "dh", "PSP" and "fbm". If you are running OE, make sure that the DH052 folders are going into the GAME150 folder.

3. Download the 3.11 update here.

4. Get PSARDumper here. Unpack it and move the program to your GAME folder, or GAME150 if you are running OE.

5. Extract the DATA.PSAR from the 3.11 update you've downloaded with PBP Unpacker. Once thats done, copy the DATA.PSAR over to the root of your memory stick.

6. Run PSARDumper on your PSP, once its loaded up press X to dump a sigchecked 3.11. Once its done your PSP will return to the main menu.

7. Open up your memory stick, you will now see that there is an "F0" folder in the root. Move that to the "311" folder inside of "dh".

8. Finally, choose "FIRMWARE" from the devhook menu and pick 3.11. Now start devhook and you should be good to go![/SIZE]

Enjoy :)[/QUOTE]

i can't step 6

i try with the firmware 4.05, and just change the version number in the previous steps

my psp show me: Imposible iniciar el juego (8002014C)
Impossible to start the game (8002014C)

and i don't nkow why