• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Devhook 0.52 Install Guide with 3.11

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...

haloluvr

i hate the game and my parents will freak when they know that i haven't played it

they're super protective and they think that i have too many stuff.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
It would also be best, haloluvr, if you wouldn't double post. Posts merged.

haloluvr

ill try to get the game from blockbuster.After I get the game what do I do? How do i downgrade it? Please help me with that problem!

FireDivine

I have 1.5 got to the point of moving f0 to 311 into dh. There was no 311 but there was everything else. So I created a 311, moved f0, than selected firmware. But there was no 311 shown. What's the deal?!

Acerthief

I have 1.5 got to the point of moving f0 to 311 into dh. There was no 311 but there was everything else. So I created a 311, moved f0, than selected firmware. But there was no 311 shown. What's the deal?!

To be honestly, it would be best if you upgrade to 3.52M33, then update to 3.52M33-4 instead of using DH.
It can play more games, have internet browser, more functions, and you don't need to mimic the firmware all the time.

Dave White

This is a step by step guide for installing the new Devhook 0.52 along with 3.11 firmware.

1. Remove all previous devhook files from your memory stick.

2. Copy the devhook 0.52 package to the root of your memory stick. This would be ms0:/ and the three folders should be "dh", "PSP" and "fbm". If you are running OE, make sure that the DH052 folders are going into the GAME150 folder.

3. Download the 3.11 update here.

4. Get PSARDumper here. Unpack it and move the program to your GAME folder, or GAME150 if you are running OE.

5. Extract the DATA.PSAR from the 3.11 update you've downloaded with PBP Unpacker. Once thats done, copy the DATA.PSAR over to the root of your memory stick.

6. Run PSARDumper on your PSP, once its loaded up press X to dump a sigchecked 3.11. Once its done your PSP will return to the main menu.

7. Open up your memory stick, you will now see that there is an "F0" folder in the root. Move that to the "311" folder inside of "dh".

8. Finally, choose "FIRMWARE" from the devhook menu and pick 3.11. Now start devhook and you should be good to go!

Enjoy :)

As far as I know, I followed your directions correctly and I still can't get either Devhook or PSAR Dumper to work correctly.

My PSP comes up looking like a mass storage device under the drive label F:/, I was assuming this was ms0:/?

[img=http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3875/pspqw6.th.jpg]

I also wasn't sure what game folder to place %__SCE__DH052 or psar_dump3% in so I assumed it was the game folder originally contained on the psp and not the one in the Devhook "DH0520100_311" archive.

[img=http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4693/gamenx4.th.jpg]

I also extracted the .PBP files to the same folder it was originally in on the psp. Also for some reason the .PBP files locate in the folders for both devhook and dumper came up as corrupted when I tried to extract the .PBP files in them.

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but one more please? I tried placing the dh and fbm folders along with the data, dat.psar, icon0, and param.sfo in F:\ as well as F:\MP_ROOT folder that came with the psp 3.03 update that you get off of the UMD discs.

My finale result on step 6 when I attempt to run dumper, the screen that appears whenever you load a game comes up, goes black and comes up with a message

"The game could not be started." (8002014C)

Anyone know what I did wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
As far as I know, I followed your directions correctly and I still can't get either Devhook or PSAR Dumper to work correctly.

My PSP comes up looking like a mass storage device under the drive label F:/, I was assuming this was ms0:/?

[img=http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3875/pspqw6.th.jpg]

I also wasn't sure what game folder to place %__SCE__DH052 or psar_dump3% in so I assumed it was the game folder originally contained on the psp and not the one in the Devhook "DH0520100_311" archive.

[img=http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4693/gamenx4.th.jpg]

I also extracted the .PBP files to the same folder it was originally in on the psp. Also for some reason the .PBP files locate in the folders for both devhook and dumper came up as corrupted when I tried to extract the .PBP files in them.

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but one more please? I tried placing the dh and fbm folders along with the data, dat.psar, icon0, and param.sfo in F:\ as well as F:\MP_ROOT folder that came with the psp 3.03 update that you get off of the UMD discs.

My finale result on step 6 when I attempt to run dumper, the screen that appears whenever you load a game comes up, goes black and comes up with a message

"The game could not be started." (8002014C)

Anyone know what I did wrong?

You did everything correctly but the problem is that your GAME folder screenshot only shows one "psar_dump3" folder. There should be two, one with a "%" and one without.

Dave White

I tried it with all four of the folders in the in F:\ and F:\MP_ROOT neither of which worked. I think I figured out what my problem is. My psp's firmware is version 3.51 and if I understand correctly no home brew applications work with that version. Screw you Sony all I wanted to do was take screen shots of my games. >_<

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I tried it with all four of the folders in the in F:\ and F:\MP_ROOT neither of which worked. I think I figured out what my problem is. My psp's firmware is version 3.51 and if I understand correctly no home brew applications work with that version. Screw you Sony all I wanted to do was take screen shots of my games. >_<

Ah yep that would be the problem. DevHook only works on firmware 1.5 and custom firmware up to 3.52 M33.

Dave White

Damn it Sony. Oh well I knew none of this when I got my system and updated it last October. I didn't really want to ripe games or anything... Do you know of any programs that will let you take screen shots on your psp without devhook? I don't care if I'd have to purchase it...

Oh and thank you for all the help, your tutorial was the best one I've come across trying to figure out how to install devhook. :)

Acerthief

aimiliosy

hello, i did the steps but when i try to run the PSARdumper an error is shown up..
8002014C - Ran kxploited homebrew without Homebrew enabled firmware.
what should i do?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hello, i did the steps but when i try to run the PSARdumper an error is shown up..
8002014C - Ran kxploited homebrew without Homebrew enabled firmware.
what should i do?

You need firmware 1.5 or custom firmware to run DevHook.