• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Devhook 0.52 Install Guide with 3.11

p1nkerboy

PSARDumper

yes but what about PSARDumper?i am running in 2.71 and it freezes in the PSP logo then shuts down automatically...am I doing sth wrong?do I have to use another program?in PSP/GAME/ are the files:

%__SCE__301_dh_fw_installer
__SCE__301_dh_fw_installer
psar_dump2%
psar_dump2
main
makefile

should there be anything else?HOW WILL I MAKE PSARDumper WORK??
thanx for putting up with noobs like me!!
P.S.: would i be able to boot MGS portable ops with DevHook v0.51?Thanks again!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
you can't run psardumper on 2.71.. its only for 1.5 (or any OE custom firmwares).

why not just downgrade to 1.5 and the upgrade to 3.10 OE-A? Devhook still works, and you can use psardumper.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
can you tell me which downgrader should i use?
mabye give me a link???thanks again

for which firmware? check the downgrade guides sticky..

NinjaMaster

Good evening everyone. A PSP noob here. Bought a FW 1.5 with DevHook .46 preinstalled from eBay for my son and all working fine. Trying to use DevHook .51 and followed the how-to on the 1st page but I have the following problem when I try to run DevHook.

Where you choose to load DevHook I have the following "folders"

PSAR Dumper V2B
Corrupted Data
DEVHOOK0.51 launcher BETA

When I choose DevHook I get the following error.

This game cannot be started.
The data is corrupted.

Any help as my 9 year old is driving me crazy with his lack of PSP!! :crying:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Good evening everyone. A PSP noob here. Bought a FW 1.5 with DevHook .46 preinstalled from eBay for my son and all working fine. Trying to use DevHook .51 and followed the how-to on the 1st page but I have the following problem when I try to run DevHook.

Where you choose to load DevHook I have the following "folders"

PSAR Dumper V2B
Corrupted Data
DEVHOOK0.51 launcher BETA

When I choose DevHook I get the following error.

This game cannot be started.
The data is corrupted.

Any help as my 9 year old is driving me crazy with his lack of PSP!! :crying:

in "PSP/GAME" transfer over the two devhook folders again. Somehow I think they got corrupted during the transfer.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

NinjaMaster

in "PSP/GAME" transfer over the two devhook folders again. Somehow I think they got corrupted during the transfer.

Apologies for the slow response but I've been working 14 hours shifts so if I've not been at work I've been eating or sleeping. However....

I copied the folders over again and still no joy. I then reformatted the memory card and ran through the process again. No joy. I then redownloaded the files, reformatted the memory card and tried again. No joy. :crying:

So not sure where that leaves me. Is it safe to say that .51 just won't work on this PSP?

Thanks in advance for any replies which I hope to see tonight when I get home. If I don't head straight to bed!!

:)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Apologies for the slow response but I've been working 14 hours shifts so if I've not been at work I've been eating or sleeping. However....

I copied the folders over again and still no joy. I then reformatted the memory card and ran through the process again. No joy. I then redownloaded the files, reformatted the memory card and tried again. No joy. :crying:

So not sure where that leaves me. Is it safe to say that .51 just won't work on this PSP?

Thanks in advance for any replies which I hope to see tonight when I get home. If I don't head straight to bed!!

:)

don't know.. it doesn't make much sense really. The error you are getting appears on firmware revisions that cannot run homebrew.

Also I just re-tested the archive to make sure the files were ok and DH booted fine on my PSP.

What I recommend is upgrading to 3.40 OE-A. It gives you all the benefits of DH plus added features like PSone emulation.

otherwise, if you don't want to, try doing this:

rename the %__SCE__DH051BETA folder to DEVHOOK%

rename the __SCE__DH051BETA folder to DEVHOOK

No idea if this will fix it, but I think your memory stick might be having problems with long folder names.

NinjaMaster

Cheers. I'll try a comp0lete reinstall and if no joy will go down the "no long file names" route although I feel this might make no difference as most of the ISO I ran under previous devhook version were long names. Failing that I'll try upgrading. Although when I am much much sober.

:D

adamski

devhook menu

I followed the instructions and all seemed to work fine. I completed step 7 (move the F0 folder to dh). Then step 8 says choose firmware from the devhook menu, how do I get the devhook menu. The only thing in the game menu is psardumper. Any help will be much appreciated. BTW I have a 1.5. Thanks.

kennet

HOW DUMB CAN I BE??

Ok so there's lost people and then there's me.

For some reason devhook0.52 comes up fine in my game folder on my psp but no PSARDUMPER.

Am i supposed to extract the PSARDumper directly to my GAME folder and is it just supposed to appear??

Thanks for any replies and apologies for being so nooby

Roe

Ok so there's lost people and then there's me.

For some reason devhook0.52 comes up fine in my game folder on my psp but no PSARDUMPER.

Am i supposed to extract the PSARDumper directly to my GAME folder and is it just supposed to appear??

Thanks for any replies and apologies for being so nooby
You just have to extract it then put the psardumper330 folder in your game folder and it should appear.

amder

man i just wanted to ask like about instruction no. 5 my psardumper appears but when i run it , it just returns to the main menu and says that the game cannot be played
plz help
thnx

Roe

man i just wanted to ask like about instruction no. 5 my psardumper appears but when i run it , it just returns to the main menu and says that the game cannot be played
plz help
thnx
What error code do you get, what firmware are you on, what folder is it in. More info please.

amder

when i enter the PSAR dumper on ma psp the screen goes blank and then the message appears"the game could not be started (80020001).
im on the firmware 1.50
plz help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
when i enter the PSAR dumper on ma psp the screen goes blank and then the message appears"the game could not be started (80020001).
im on the firmware 1.50
plz help

Try re-downloading it. The original archive didn't include a kxploited EBOOT (required for 1.5).